The Diamond Challenge: Round 5 - Town Hall Meeting!

Options

Replies

• megcc
    megcc Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    When I was about 5, we went to Disney
    World and I remember being so excited to
    see Mickey.
  • CME37
    CME37 Posts: 16
    Options
    I think my first excited memory has to be when I finally got my own radio for MY bedroom! My brother & I used to share a radio, I week in his room, one week in my room and it would continue in that rotation. It caused may arguements between the two of us:ohwell: ...lol.

So for Christmas I asked for my very own radio, that I saw in the JC Penny catalog, the color was Cranberry! and I got it! I remember plugging it in and the very first song that played on MY new radio was "Endless Love" by Lionel Richie & Diana Ross!:happy:
  • romade188
    romade188 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    QOTD: What is your first memory of being very excited?

I can remember when I was around 12 or 13, I learned how to surf. The first time I stood on the board was so awesome, I couldn't wait to get on the beach to make sure my family saw..
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    This is a very hard question. I need to think about it for a while and get back to you.
  • Jycooper
    Jycooper Posts: 195
    Options

This is hard for me, dont know why i cant remember the only thing that pops into my head is a memory from being 4.5/5--right before school started. I wanted to have my hair relaxed it was very thick so my mom agreed to have it relaxed for school. I was so excited to not have my hairnot be kinky any more. I know this is a weird memory but this is the earliest i have.
  • Crooks0204
    Crooks0204 Posts: 189
    Options
    My first memory of being excited involves Christmas. My dad won a drawing for "the worlds largest" stocking, and it was amazing. It had several board games, toys, baby dolls, candy, etc. At the time we (I have a little bro and sis) did not know he had won it. I remember being so excited and thinking how amazing it was!
  • meliturtlee
    Options
    My first memory of being very excited would probably have to be when my mother was pregnant with my little bro . I was 3 years old. Idk if anyone remembers the toy kitchens for kids, well I always thought that inside my moms belly my little brother was playing with one. Now my favorite memory would be when I get rid of the kid.
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    When I finally got my own room!! I had to share a room with my sister until I was 12!
  • emi_esp
    emi_esp Posts: 24
    Options
    I have to agree with most everyone else, that this is a difficult question for me...I'm sure I got overly excited a lot of times as kids do, but it's hard to remember specific events!

One that I can remember is Easter when I was 5...I think. My dad, who is generally very creative when it comes to gift-giving, had gotten me a set of really tiny plastic Power Rangers figures and he had them standing on the floor of my bedroom leading out to the living room where an Easter basket with other toys was sitting. I just remember how excited I felt each time I picked up another little figurine and then when it led to a beautiful new Easter basket :D
  • northernchic
    northernchic Posts: 117 Member
    Options

My response: probably when I got a Monchichi Monkey....I remember seeing it and just being super excited - I still to this day do not know what happened to it, but I carried that thing with me everywhere I went. If you don't know what they are here is a link you can copy & paste (http://alphamom.com/family-fun/party-play/blast-from-the-past-week-the-monchichi-monkey/).

haha that's awesome!! I remember those!!!
  • northernchic
    northernchic Posts: 117 Member
    Options

I have a memory AND photo-documentation of my first super excited moment…my aunt made me a nurse’s uniform (complete with cap thank you very much!) for my 5th birthday and gave me a play “nurse’s kit” with it. WELL…by the look on my face in the picture you would have thought she had given me 5 ponies and a kitten!! So…when I say ALL I’ve ever wanted to be is a nurse…I have proof that it’s true :blushing:
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    I drank too much in college and can't really remember stuff like that before High School. But when I was in 7th grade I went to Space Camp. I saved up for over a year to go with babysitting money and what not. I was so excited to go and it was the greatest experience as a kid. I wanted to be an astronaut all the way up until Chemistry in college and then realized it wasn't for me! :)
    I'm totally with you! I can't seam to remember much from my childhood either... I remember general ideas but not the specific details:ohwell: :drinker:
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    No one lost lbs from the Yellow team ? DANG !!!!
    I lost 1.4 lbs and I did weigh myself in yesterday around 10am central time but I don't see my name in there ...Was I too late ?

QOTD Response : When I went abroad to study as an exchange student .. what memories ..loved it !
    I'm a little confused about this too! It looks like only the Little Diamonds results were posted because red, white, and black are our colors. Not sure what's going on :huh:
  • DiamondsInTheRough
    Options
    Hello Diamonds!

Thanks to miss_jamaica for putting this together!! I love the fact that we all have an easy way to communicate with one another!!

DITR did VERY well this week!! Results as follows;

DITR lost a total of 34.5lbs this week!!

Yellow Team lost a total of 13.4lbs, which makes them our winning team!!! Congrats Ladies! candacens was the Yellow Teams biggest loser with a loss of 3lbs!

Pink came in second with a loss of 10.7lbs! holly_bear was the Pink Teams biggest loser with a loss of 4lbs, which also makes her the biggest loser of the whole DITR Team!! Wow girl!!!

Blue Team finished us off with a loss of 10.4lbs! kkmark was Blue Teams biggest loser with a loss of 2.5lbs!!

Just so ALL the Diamonds are aware...DITR is going to be the team to beat this round! You best all bring your "A" game!! I predict a clean sweep by DITR :drinker:
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    I really don't remember much about my childhood. I remember being super excited every weekend from 6th to 8th grade about going to Skate Palace (the local rollerskating rink). That was the place to be when we were kids. Aside from that the most excited I have ever been was about going to Hawaii. I've been twice and I'm not sure which was more exciting. The first time I went with my family (10 of us) and everything was new to me including flying so that was awesome but the second time I got to share all that stuff with my new husband (for our honeymoon). He had never been so I was thrilled to show him the ropes:wink:
  • lyntello
    lyntello Posts: 19
    Options
    This one is hard. The first that came to mind was being 4 and reading a book at a grade 2 level. I remember being sOOOOO proud of that. Dorky, I know. :);)
  • majikwon1961
    Options
    My parents got me my first dog. It was a St. Benard puppy. My dad registered him with the ckc he named him Shawn Lanton Edens...guess he was naming the son he never had... lol..We called the Sam. He was 6 weeks old when I got him. I loved that ole dog. grew up with him. I still remember seeing him run out of the bathroom he was closed up in. He was the last one. Had to have him.
  • TWood10
    TWood10 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    First memory of being excited...hmm, i think for me it was getting to go to church camp--loved it there, found love from people there...could be myself for sure! I counted down each and every year! by the month, then days, then hours and minutes!
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options

When I was about 9 or so (cannot remember the age) my dad took me out in what seemed to me to be the middle of the night; it was really cold ... anyway, he bought me a kitten - a Siamese kitten - she was SO tiny she could crawl under the door that led from the living-room to the hallway to go upstairs! I still have very fond memories - her name was Jaime and she had been taken from her mommy too soon, when she would come to bed she would kind of roll a small piece of my pj's and suck on them like she was nursing -
  • msmith5251s
    Options

Whenever I get 'very' excited, I tend not to be able to fall asleep at night [that is, if I am anticipating a trip the following day]. Well, every Christmas season my family would take a trip to the mountains to see the snow... I grew up in San Diego, so snow is a BIG thing. Anyways, I remember that this specific time that my family would not only be going to the mountains to see the snow, but also going to Arizona to visit Yuma and see their historical sights. My sister and I were up all night talking about how excited we were! I barely got any sleep that night, and was super exhausted that morning - but the trip was definitely REALLY fun.