When did people start noticing you had lost weight?

Options

Replies

• bookworm03
    bookworm03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My father in-law said the other day " you've lost weight, you should see how great Steph looks" (Steph is my sister in-law who has ALWAYS been underweight) we had our daughters 9 days apart. So, I kind of wish he just didn't notice. If I'm trying to lose I think its pretty obvious that I'm a bit sensitive about the issue and it felt like a back handed compliment.
  • LaurieEReid
    Options
    At 15 pounds, a coworker said my trousers were dragging on the ground. Another pointed out that it was because they were falling down. Then I bought new trousers (size 10 from a size 14) and more people noticed.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 and no one has noticed yet. :/
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    When my face no longer looked like a round pumkin with a beard on it.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    36lbs lost and my mom and grandma are the only two to say anything about it. MFP friends will tell me if they see an difference and that is what really keeps me going!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Honestly I didn't realize I'm losing weight until people started to notice the change in me. Although I noticed my clothes fit better and I was losing the double chin but I never rely on myself because some of it is only psychological so I have to rely what the others see.
  • lodicox7
    lodicox7 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My parents noticed at around 10 pounds. Now at 20, my extended family has started noticing. I'm also 5'10" so it's going to take more weight loss for me to have people notice. I'm seeing a lot of friends for the first time in several months this weekend, so that will be a good test. Ultimately, I'm not expecting much because I haven't lost a whole lot of inches. But my clothes fit much better, and now that I'm down 20 pounds, I can definitely notice a difference in myself.

I bet as the next ten or so come off, more people will start noticing as the weight is going to have to start coming off those trouble spots sooner or later. ;)
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Last time, it was probably about 40 pounds down (245-205) that people started noticing. Really, it didn't bother me. I knew that I was losing, and I felt great about it. Working towards that ago, no more yo-yos for me!
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    10# - but it came off of my face first - so it was very noticable
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Not a single person has noticed on me yet. Boo hoo :sad: I still wear the exact same sizes too and clothes are not any looser than they were before. I'm guessing it will be another 20 pounds or so before it is noticeable.
  • bmmarti3
    bmmarti3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I lost about 30 pounds (12.8% body weight) before anyone at the office really said anything about it.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    People who knew I was working on losing weight said they noticed after 10 or so lbs. But that was mostly my very supportive family, so while it's not exactly that I don't believe them, I do know they're looking for a reason to notice and encourage me.

Just a couple of weeks ago I got my first comment from someone who wasn't aware of my efforts. I've lost 18 lbs and have noticed a real difference in how my clothes fit recently. In fact I'm mildly annoyed by the fact that one of my favorite dresses doesn't look so great on me anymore because it's a bit baggy.
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Like a lot of others here, hardly anybody has noticed that I've lost nearly 20 lbs. The only person who has commented on my weight is a friend who I hadn't seen in about a year. I guess when people see you every day, they don't notice a difference. That's why I love having before & after pics!
  • aethompson5507
    aethompson5507 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I wore the same size clothes for a really long time -- but that's because I had been wearing them far too tight. :laugh:

same here!! lol. i wore an 18 and i refused to go up to a 20. so i always just smooshed into the 18s . well im loosing weight, and then the 18s were comfortable. and now the 18s are getting loose. so hopefully 16s are in my close future! :) i ve lost 34 lbs so far! and people are just now starting to notice. but i did start out at 275, so thats pry why.
  • glenner
    glenner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much you have to lose but I think it also depends on if people are seeing you all the time as you diet. I once had two friends who both lost 40 lbs in the same time frame. I was seeing the one every day and did notice she looked like she was losing a little bit of weight but I thought it was only a few pounds. I hadn't seen the other friend for a few months and when I saw her I kept saying how great she looked and asked how much she lost. When the other friend said they had lost the same amount of weight in the same amount of time I was amazed- I finally really noticed it but I think if people are seeing you everyday it is so gradual they don't really pay attention. Hang in there- when you see someone you haven't been around, they will notice!
  • AimingHighWeighingLow
    Options
    So I have another 10lb to go then before people start, oh well. I will just rely on the scales to encourage me.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 21 lbs and no one has said a word about it other than the ppl that already know im dieting...
    Exactly the same. Not even my doctor noticed. I'm hanging in there though...Onederland is near!
  • LMP1979
    LMP1979 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    People noticed at about 15 lbs or so but I think it was mostly when I was buying new clothes that fit better - esp the pants.
  • tevez032
    tevez032 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My mother-in-law came round the other day and and told me my head had shrunk. Not sure if that is a compliment or not lol :-)
  • Cdcaldwe
    Cdcaldwe Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    People started noticing mine at about 30. But I think it was because i was so big to begin with.