Perfect Ten (Closed group)

Options
Hi Guys, I hope everyone is as excited about this as I am. I will need everyones starting weight for September first, the closer to the date, the better. Soon I will have the first weeks challenge, their will be 2 levels, a basic low level, and a higher level, bushmen, you can do your choice, I challenge everyone to at least try the harder levels, as a personal challenge. Everything will be kept in a google doc. I will keep track of it, I will just need weekly updates from everyone, I could set it up for you to put it in, but I want everyone to enjoy this.

Have a great time! Good luck, feel free to message me, any questions, you will receive an emai from me soon.

Replies

• meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm so excited for this! :)

Should we introduce ourselves? Give a little background?
  • justnname
    justnname Posts: 162
    Options
    I am ready!

Who Ready to Kiss some Butt?

Lynda
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm excited! Like I said, I'll be gone on vacation the 2-11 but I will try to do as many challenges as I can while I'm gone.
  • lgwmab
    lgwmab Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Feel free to inbtroduce yourself, and anything else.

I am 30 years old, I live in Cudahy, WI a suburb of Milwaukee, WI, yes, beer and cheese! to bad I can't drink beer, and I need to limit my cheese intake. My kids are my 3 cats, Jack, Monte, and Wiskey. I live with my finacee, Mark, he has probably been my biggest support thru my weight loss, and weight gain over the past 7 years. Yes, he and I do get in many arguments, we both have a hard heeded, stubborn streak, and our family backgrounds, and eating habbits are very different. Just as an example, he loves anything fried, and swimming in gravy, me I prefer simplicity, but I'm a ribs, wings sloppy bar food girl, he is very particuler about how he eats, and hates getting messy with food. I also love to experiment with cooking, and always making new things., with just a few ingredients.

mark and I recently bougth some land in the Wisconsin dells area, I refer to it as "Condo land" as the plot is ours, it's a locked community, and we pay monthly dues. very exciting, as those are our stacations, which I do have alot of planting to do up their next year.

As far as weight: I am 5'2" I have been around 140 most of my life, I think I may have been 120 inlike 6 or 7 grade! When I learned about fruity yummy adult beverages I went up to 170, lost it when I started dating mark, then went thru a bnch of different birth control pills, for out of control hormones, the last one I was one, I went up to 173! I have since changed birth control pills, which I think may be helping in lowering my weight. However, without making some lifestyle changes i know it will come back. My mom's side of the family is full of individuals who are morbidly obese, they have heart problems, diabeties, 2 years ago my mos older sister, I barely know alot of my family, passed away, she had a bad liver, from being over weight, something that was generally saw in alcoholics. It is scary to think about how many health conditions your weight contributes to, and this has opened my eyes. I have also spent many years trying to quit smoking, and exercise helps curb the cravings.

Their is so much to me, I think this is more of a synopses. Feel free to ask any questions at any time, good luck, and welcome, we can do great, Win, loos, or draw, I am happy, as lond as we give it our all, and the only person who is cheated is yourself.
  • blessedindeed
    blessedindeed Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I really need a challenge right now! ......Bring it!

SW: 240
    CW: 223
    GW: 170
  • meli_medina
    Options
    My name is Melissa (obviously :wink: ) and I'm 31. I started my journey out at 184.5 pound sometime around the end of April/beginning of May. I'm currently sitting at 163.6 pounds (though I'm sure a little will come off between now and the 1st, so don't use that as my starting weight - I tend to drop on Tuesday or Wednesday each week and hold steady the rest of the week). I live in Michigan, land of the Great Lakes and even Greater Winters. I have 2 kids and a husband who should count as a third kid sometimes. lol. We've been married for 8 years and counting - together for the past 10, though we've known each other since I was a freshman in high school.

This isn't the first time in my life I've had to lose 20+ pounds, and the lowest I've been in my adult life is 139 pounds. I've zig-zagged up and down since I got out of the Army - from 139 to 198 to 154 to 179 to 145 to 184.5. I'm trying to lose it for the final time! I'm trying to get as much of it off before winter hits as possible - winters are hard for me as I am allergic to the cold (lol) and I don't like to go out and run in it - and I hate running on the treadmill (though Jillian Michaels and I have a date this winter to combat the fact that I won't be as out and active).

I'm also what I call a "recovering food nazi," meaning that I have previously changed my diet to the point where I had "off limits food" like burgers, pizza, etc. You know the "clean eating" mentality that some people have on site (nothing wrong with it, mind you)? That was me to a "T." But I learned that deprivation is my main nemesis so this time around I'm trying to do it without having anything off limits. I don't eat much that's processed anyway, but I do have a sweet tooth so I will have something at the end of the night if I have enough calories left to have it. So far it's worked for me, though I'm sure I'll have to change things up a bit between here and goal!

I really can't wait to get started! I love the motivation of bringing points by working out - something which I try to do most everyday anyway!

That's me in a nutshell. I can't wait to get to know the rest of you. :)
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Hello all! My name is Michelle. I’m 36, currently in school for accounting (graduate in a year) and working full time. I have a fiancé (getting married in November) that is in the Air Force and currently stationed in CA (which is where I’ll be vacationing next week). He’ll be in Korea next year and then we are both moving to England for his next base assignment. :happy:

I started MFP in April 2009 after losing about 35 lbs on my own. My highest was around 230 (I'm 5'5") and I started here at just about 195. My current weight is around 170 but I haven’t weighed myself in a while so I’ll do that on Wednesday for the challenge. Lol. I tend to not weigh myself very often because my goal weight is about 150-155 and these last 15-20 lbs are coming off very very slowly. *sigh*

I look forward to the challenges since I have to keep things interesting with exercise or I get bored and unmotivated. (at least I know this about myself, lol, right?)
  • justnname
    Options
    My name is Lynda, I am 42. I was born and Raised in MA, but have been living in South Florida for 21 years.

I have been overweight all my life. This is going to be the final time to lose this weight. I finally had what Oprah called the Aha moment. I start this journey in 11/2010 at 312.2lb. I know Yowza! Currently I am 238.2 I have a personal trainer that I work with 2x a week (aka The Devil) He loves to kick my butt. Don’t tell him I love when he kicks my butt.

As long as we don’t have cooking challenges, am up for anything. When I cook, if it edible, then I succeeded. I am the best over cooker in the world! If you like dry and burnt I am your girl. I keep telling myself “The George Foreman Grill” is my friend. I have changed my eating 360 degrees this past year. I no longer think cookies and cupcakes are a food group.

My next goal is to reach 100lb loss by 11/2011. 26lbs in 2 months NO PROBLEM!

I have learned over this past year.. You can do anything you want to. So No excuses!!!

If you want to know anything else just ask! Just beware I’m a wise *kitten* :laugh:
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to the challenge. It will be something different to add to the workout schedule.

My name is John Hosier and I am 54 years old. I live with my wife of 31 years in Naperville, IL in the western suburbs of Chicago. I have two kids at home (23 year old daughter and 26 year old son) working and going trying to finish college part time. I was a college scholarship basketball player about 35 years ago. I am (or was) 6'4" tall and my playing weight was 198 lbs. I was very, very fit in those days.

After I graduated, my new wife and I moved to Dallas, Texas where I eventually became a cop. When I finished the police academy, I was running 3 miles in under 20 minutes. Six months after the academy, I noticed that my uniform pants were getting a bit tight. I had put on 60 lbs without even noticing! How does that happen?!? It turns out my metabolism slowed down dramatically because I was sitting in a squad car all day and eating free fast food and donuts (sadly, the cliche is true about cops and donuts).

When I stopped being a cop, I still had sedentary jobs in sales and then as a professional geek (computer consultant/developer/etc.) and my weight continued to go up. Food was my "go to". I am a stress eater, pleasure eater, boredom eater, and just about every other kind of eater. I LOVE food. I love bread and pasta and pizza and burritos and bacon and sausage and fried catfish and just about everything except brussel sprouts!

I lost about 65 lbs back in 2003 and went fishing in Alaska with my son and my brother. While there, I started eating freely again because I was "on vacation" and never stopped when I came home. It did not take too many months before I had gained it all back.

This year, my weight topped out at 382 lbs. That is a full 184 lbs since my college basketball days. Since I started working on it again, I have lost 35 lbs and still have 117 to go to hit my goal weight of 230 lbs.

I really want this to be a lifestyle change for me now. I don't want to be twice the man I was any longer. So, let's do this thing, team!
  • lgwmab
    Options
    Melissa-
    I hear you about being out in the cold, it stinks, when you need a winter jacket, boots, and whatever else to get you thru. I don't know if any schools by you do this, the High School in Cudahy, for $5 gioves youa pass, and you can keep it for as long as you want, and walk the halls after school hours, during the school year. I am planning on doing that.

Michelle-
    Congratulations on being engaged, and soon to be married! I understand slow loss is disapointing, but remeber slow is goog, the weight can stay off better this way.

Lynda-
    I know what you mean by the Ahh moment, I think it really kicked in gear when the doctors scale told me 173! I weighed 173 before I joined MFP, I lost weight before joining, but a friend told me aboiut this, and really got me hooked. ( P.S. don't be afraid of cooking, feel free to pick my brain anytime. My younger sister used to make fun of me for watching cooking shows, and now, I'm the one who can cook, my mom turns to me about sauces and marinades, once you know the basics, your imagination is the limit.) great thought with the no excuses, I love it!

John-
    I know what you mean about the metabolism slowing down, it happened to my brother after he left the Army, he is 40, loves working on computers, I love him, but would love to see hi more active, like I remeber him being, he is also 9.5 years older then I am. Bread, and pasta, my favorietes, my favorite food was left over noodles, smothered in ranch, the microwaved, and swimming in Parmesion cheese, now that just sounds gross to me, especially thinking about the oil left behind. Sounds like you have a wonderful support team at home.
  • bearsfan2334
    Options
    Hey everyone-

I'm Tiffany. *waves* I am trying to lose weight because I have always been heavy. I started my "career" back in January. I work for a nonprofit doing the public relations. Although I LOVE my job, I sit at a desk most of the day. Before that, I was always running around in College and worked retail. I was not healthy but still 25 lbs lighter. I had my aha moment when I started to order clothes in the next size. I knew something needed to be done. I have been here since June and believe me, it is trivial more days than others. For the most part, I stay pretty active and have really cut down in portion sizes and have tried to make healthier choices. I know I can not cut out certain foods because I would just binge later on... :sad:

Hrmmm, I love the Chicago Bears and I also enjoy couponing. I am an avid shopper and spend a lot of time with my family and friends. My best friend is my boyfriend, Greg. :love: He is pretty awesome. He is ver y supportive and loves me to the moon and back. We really enjoy each other's company and live a pretty simplistic lifestyle. :heart:

I am looking forward to a challenge and getting to know some of you better. I am usually around (although this last week has been very busy)...
  • justnname
    Options
    Lindsay I'm not afraid to cook. I'm stating the fact that I suck at it. I still cook though. I am a great baker, but it got me fat. LMAO
  • leosmom1220
    leosmom1220 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Brandi. I'm 22 years old, a wife, and a mother to a very energetic boy who turned two a week ago. I was always the skinny girl due to an extremely high metabolism until I turned 18 and gained 70 lbs in three months. I started to work out again and I was able to maintain my weight at 130 lbs and still look a healthy skinny instead of people thinking I was anorexic. That was until I got pregnant. Then I was 220 lbs and could not lose it. Trying to keep up with my son I got down to 207 but was at a loss Pf how to loseore since I was so tired. I starts Mfp at 207 lbs a little under two Months ago. I'm now at 195 and am working towards getting back to the 130 I was at before I had Leo.
  • lgwmab
    Options
    Tiffany-
    I love couponing! it's like a cheap thrill, what can I get for nothing.

Lynda, I love baking too, it took my years to be able to get it right, some old ladies at one of my jobs gave me tips and tricks to bake better, and it made all the diference.
    Brandi-
    You will hit that 130! If it wasn't for you I wouldn't be here at MFP now.

I did see a sneak peak at the first weeks challenges, something different everyday! It's alot of work, but I'm sure we can all do it. I'm going to push myself to do the harder sets at least everyother day, Sunday's are a free day. I know their are a few questions about start dates, which is why I have not given the exercise information out yet.

Lindsay
  • leosmom1220
    leosmom1220 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Lindsay I have perfect faith in the fact that I know you would have gotten to goal either Way. But I'm glad I could be of some assistance.
  • lgwmab
    Options
    MFP has been great, all the support to keep us on track, I love it.
  • meli_medina
    Options
    I know Gary's a runner. Is he working mileage into the workouts? I only ask because I have 2 5K's coming up and the training for those have to be my primary focus. I did 30 Day Shred in July and it just about killed my shins (I ended up with posterior shin splints, which is completely an overuse injury). I don't want to have to take 2 weeks off again because I overdo it (which I'm known to do because my mind says I can do something, even if my body protests).

Anyway, I'm really excited! Only 1 more full day until September 1!
  • lgwmab
    Options
    I hope everyone is ready for this: September challenge information.

I apologize.....it was late last night. I am reposting the exercises for the first week!

HESE ARE THE ADVANCED EXERCISES! I will post the youtube videos tomorrow!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)
    Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
    Welcome to 300 Week You will do 6 exercises at 50 reps as quickly as possible 3 times this week. These are not to be broken up into segments. You are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself!
    Day 1 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 2 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)
    Day 3 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 4 - REST YOU DESERVE IT!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********
    Week One Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points. *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

I will post the videos this evening!
  • lgwmab
    Options
    THESE ARE THE BASIC EXERCISES for Week 1. more youtube videos will be posted tomorrow!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – PYGMY SERIES
    This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement!
    Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
    WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #1 YOU ARE A PYGMY WARRIOR!
    Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 30 Squat Kicks* and 50 Jumping Jacks
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup, tomato juice or bottles of water if u don’t have weights
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches* + 20 Mountain Climbers
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )
    Day 4 REST YOU DESERVE IT!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise! *********
    Week One Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.
    *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.
  • meli_medina
    Options
    I am going to try the Bushmen on Thursday and Friday. I'm lucky that the higher impact stuff seems to coincide with my off days for running this week! LOL!