What did protien powder do for you??

Options
2»

Replies

• xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I think it's soooo good. I look forward to drinking it! But I've also heard others say they hate it. This is just the Turbo Chocolate, though. Optimum Nutrition has tons of flavors to try - cookies n cream, strawberry, vanilla (which I didn't like), etc. You're bound to find one you like. It also mixes up easily.

What do you mix it with? I looked on-line, and it said you could mix it with water, milk, juice etc. What did you find was the best 'mixer'? Do you know if they sell small sample sized versions to let people try it?

I started out mixing mine with milk because I was scared it would taste bad, but now I just use water and ice so I can save on calories. It tastes great both ways. If I'm remembering right, it mixes a little easier with milk but it's been awhile since I've tried that.

I can't remember seeing a sample on their website, but I've never looked for one. They sell it in a lot of places, but check Optimum Nutrition's website first for a sample because all the other sizes are pretty big. I think people generally favor either the vanilla or the chocolate but not both.
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    thanks! I'll check it out
  • tigeratty
    tigeratty Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm diabetic, and my blood sugar can plummet during a workout so I usually have a shake with me to have as soon as I'm done. It also really helps my recovery and I'm much less sore the next day.

I either use the EAS Carb Balance premade shakes, or for powder Designer Whey (ok, less expensive, easily available) or Muscle Gauge Whey Isolate (available online). The cake batter flavor is to die for.

I make "smoothies" for my son who doesn't like to eat a lot of protein. Sometimes we share one : ) I get lots of fruit in there too.

And, sometimes I put a scoop or 1/2 scoop into my oatmeal in the morning. It really helps keep me fuller.