TEAM *kitten* 2 ASHES (closed group)

Options
Hey all *kitten* 2 Ashes ~ Guts 2 Dust members!
Let's get ready to rock September!!!

Below is the point system as outlined by Gary.
Please, drink your water, stay on target with your calories, complete the challenges and get ready for that sizzlin' body!

The scoring is as follows:

*1 point for each pound lost per team member
*1 point for each team member who does their daily exercise challenge (1 point per member)
*1 point for the other weekly challenges (water intake, staying under calories etc.)
Each week different challenge per member

BONUS POINTS
o Daily Exercise – If every team member logs the daily exercise as doing it for all 6 days
Mon – Sat. You may award your TEAM an extra 5 points
o Weekly Challenges – if every team member log the weekly challenge as doing it for all 6
days Mon – Sat. You may award your TEAM an extra 5 points

Post on here daily, but please email your weekly summary to me at asses2ashes@gmail.com by sunday morning.

Thank you!

Let's do this!!!

Replies

• yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!! Ready to go!!!!

Do you mind giving the list of members again?
  • vjohnso3
    vjohnso3 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to get started!
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Yaaaaayyyyyyy!!!!! I am so excited for this! I just started getting back into using my Google Calendar so that I can actually stay organized w/ all of the exercises and keep up while I go back to school. Here's to these last few days of August and the start of September!!!! :drinker:

Go *kitten* 2 Ashes ~ Guts 2 Dust!!! :bigsmile:
  • dk_runs
    dk_runs Posts: 106
    Options
    I'm ready!! :glasses:
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!! Ready to go!!!!

Do you mind giving the list of members again?

here u go:
    jackiej26
    vjohnso3
    slybaby
    Quierstina
    Fochizzy
    ashxo12
    shaindi
    yanicka
    dk_runs
    CaWaterBug8
  • vjohnso3
    Options
    I have a couple questions about the rules. I may have overlooked some things or read them wrong, so let me know if I misunderstood!

1. Weight loss points: are these only given for whole pounds lost? (i.e. if you lose .5 lb a week, do you get no points? Or .5 points?, etc.) With that being said, if they are only given for "whole" pounds lost, do you get a point for each pound whether it takes you 2 weeks to lose it or 1?

2.Can the challenges only be done monday-saturday? I would imagine the point is just to do them 6 days a week, and that it wouldn't matter if you skip saturday and do the challenge on sunday, but I'm not really sure.

Any insight?
  • ShaeDetermined
    Options
    I have a couple questions about the rules. I may have overlooked some things or read them wrong, so let me know if I misunderstood!

1. Weight loss points: are these only given for whole pounds lost? (i.e. if you lose .5 lb a week, do you get no points? Or .5 points?, etc.) With that being said, if they are only given for "whole" pounds lost, do you get a point for each pound whether it takes you 2 weeks to lose it or 1?

2.Can the challenges only be done monday-saturday? I would imagine the point is just to do them 6 days a week, and that it wouldn't matter if you skip saturday and do the challenge on sunday, but I'm not really sure.

Any insight?

I had a couple of questions myself and I emailed Gary, still waiting on his response.
    1. good point. I will ask. If anyone knows the answer from the aug challenge please let us know!
    2. your thinking is spot on. if you choose to have your rest day on sat and workout on sun, just please make sure to get your info to me as early as possible on sun so I can pass the information along in a timely manner.

Did I help at all???
    Thanks!

EDIT: Gary says all my questions will be answered when I see the spreadsheet - which he is emailing tonight.
    I'll share my wisdom when I have it! :wink:
  • Quierstina
    Quierstina Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to get started!!
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Totally psyched!
  • slybaby
    slybaby Posts: 125
    Options
    Looking forward to it!
  • ashxo12
    ashxo12 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I can't wait!!! I have a quick question.

Will we know our workouts/challenges in advance? Or will it just be a daily thing. I was seeing the August challenges, and we had to watch a video each day until we learned each one.

Thanks!
  • ShaeDetermined
    Options
    Hey guys!
    Still waiting on that clarifying email from Gary and our challenge for the week.
    I will get it to you as soon as I have it.

In the meantime please get your starting weight to me by the end of the day tomorrow (thurs, sept 1)

(I will wait to post my starting weight until thurs night because I'm on a family vacation and anticipate it going up just a bit!)

Have an awesome day!
  • vjohnso3
    Options
    Do you know if weight in days will always be on Thursdays? Normally I weigh in on Fridays, so I'm just trying to get everything al figured out!
  • Quierstina
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!

I created a team badge of sorts :laugh:. If you'd like to add to your signature here is the link : 2585rmb.jpg. Change the IMG's to img and you should be set.

Team badge looks like this:
    2585rmb.jpg

Enjoy!!

Quierston
  • ShaeDetermined
    Options
    Thanks Quierston, you rock!

Guys, remember to get your initial weights to me please.
    Initial weigh-in is today, follow-up weigh-ins should be sunday or monday morning.

***challenge begins tomorrow, thurs sept 1. This is a short week, which ends on Sat with a rest day on sun.

THESE ARE THE ADVANCED EXERCISES! I will post the youtube videos tomorrow!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)
    Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
    Welcome to 300 Week You will do 6 exercises at 50 reps as quickly as possible 3 times this week. These are not to be broken up into segments. You are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself!
    Day 1 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 2 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)
    Day 3 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 4 - REST YOU DESERVE IT!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********
    Week One Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points. *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

THESE ARE THE BASIC EXERCISES for Week 1. more youtube videos will be posted tomorrow!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – PYGMY SERIES
    This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement!
    Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
    WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #1 YOU ARE A PYGMY WARRIOR!
    Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 30 Squat Kicks* and 50 Jumping Jacks
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup, tomato juice or bottles of water if u don’t have weights
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches* + 20 Mountain Climbers
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )
    Day 4 REST YOU DESERVE IT!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise! *********
    Week One Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.
    *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.
  • vjohnso3
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I thought I remembered seeing that there are advanced and beginner exercises for the challenges, is that true or is there just advanced for this week?

Also, will we be keeping track of water, exercise, etc. on a spreadsheet (like a google doc) all together or are we just keeping track on our own? I noticed some other teams have been doing that and it may be an easier way for you to compile the results weekly rather than 9 different emails? Just a thought!
  • Quierstina
    Options
    I recall hearing about beginner workouts too.
  • ShaeDetermined
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I thought I remembered seeing that there are advanced and beginner exercises for the challenges, is that true or is there just advanced for this week?

Also, will we be keeping track of water, exercise, etc. on a spreadsheet (like a google doc) all together or are we just keeping track on our own? I noticed some other teams have been doing that and it may be an easier way for you to compile the results weekly rather than 9 different emails? Just a thought!

Re-read my post, it now contains adamced amd beginner options.
    (I'm on vacation and doing this from my phone, so have to do it in separate steps.

As far as logging goes I'm waiting for the spreadsheet from Gary which he says he'll email tonight.
    But my thought is (as I mentioned initially) to post daily on here as motivation, but email me a summary on sunday.
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Ok, definately going to need to spend some time tonight looking up some of those no idea what a squat kick is. I was at 191.5 this morning...I think I am more realistically 192.0 but whatever. Ready to rock this!
  • dk_runs
    dk_runs Posts: 106
    Options
    I weighed in at 128.4 this am...