TEAM *kitten* 2 ASHES (closed group)

Options

Replies

• Quierstina
    Quierstina Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Thanks for updating Shaindi!

I will be doing the Pygmy series. My SW is 252. I will be sure to post daily and send my weekly updates on Sunday. My weigh-ins will be sent on Monday.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!

I created a team badge of sorts :laugh:. If you'd like to add to your signature here is the link : 2585rmb.jpg. Change the IMG's to img and you should be set.

Team badge looks like this:
    2585rmb.jpg

Enjoy!!

Quierston

SWET! Thank you. I was just looking online to start making one and when I tried googling our name just to see what popped up some of my MFP pictures showed up. Weird...... Anyway this one ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ashxo12
    ashxo12 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Are we e-mail our weights or just posting them on this forum?
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    My starting weight is 125.8 pounds
  • vjohnso3
    vjohnso3 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 141.4

On that note, I have a question for everyone: when do you weigh yourselves? I've been in a (bad?) habit of weighing myself on Friday's when I wake up, then again after I work out. There's usually about a pound or more difference in the numbers, and I've been going with the lower number for the past few weeks. That's probably not the most accurate read right?
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    hey guys!
    hope we are all rocking today's challenges.
    the globe jumps were brutal, but ..... done!

thank you to those who got their starting weights to me.
    I am still missing SW from:
    ashxo12
    cawaterbug8
    jackiej26
    slybaby

please get them to me asap.
    you can post them here or pm them to me.

(my starting weight is 125.5 - i think my vacation lbs haven't caught up with my yet. i hope monday's weigh in won't be brutal!)
  • Quierstina
    Options
    On that note, I have a question for everyone: when do you weigh yourselves? I've been in a (bad?) habit of weighing myself on Friday's when I wake up, then again after I work out. There's usually about a pound or more difference in the numbers, and I've been going with the lower number for the past few weeks. That's probably not the most accurate read right?

I weight myself first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I was told this was the best indicator of your true weight. As you eat through the day your weight fluctuates....blah blah blah. But I always do it the same time - same scale.
  • ashxo12
    Options
    My starting weight is: 151.4
  • Quierstina
    Options

SWET! Thank you. I was just looking online to start making one and when I tried googling our name just to see what popped up some of my MFP pictures showed up. Weird...... Anyway this one ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [/quote]

Glad you like it!!
  • Quierstina
    Options

Glad you like it!!
  • Jackiej26
    Jackiej26 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ready to start today!!!
  • ashxo12
    Options
    What are globe jumps??
  • ShaeDetermined
    Options
    SEPT CHALLENGE FOLKS THAT ARE USING THE BUSHMEN SERIES EXERCISES! I forgot to add that you need to being each day with a tabata 4 minute start. I am using this young woman's series. Its great but you have to stay in time with her. 20 seconds hard core 10 seconds rest for minutes. It will push you hard and will shape and tone large muscle group areas. Make sure everyday starts with a tabata no matter what the challenge is! The video is here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkCnNrxHwFE&feature=youtube_gdata_player http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DfuU3TSsFM&feature=youtube_gdata_player here is another one she does she has several!
  • ShaeDetermined
    Options
    Ready to start today!!!

great!
    now i just need your starting weight....please!
  • ShaeDetermined
    Options
    What are globe jumps??
    they are in today's "bushmen" exercise.
    i know them well from insanity.
    its kind of like "around the world lunges" , just with floor to arm-raise jumps.
    here's a link to a sample http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc
    one rotation of forward-right-back-left = ONE jump!!!!!
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Starting weight was 171 this morning. :sad: Kinda bummed on that b/c I finally got down to 169 this week. I think it's all the extra water though from starting the Ripped in 30. Oh well. haha

And as for the question about weigh ins, I usually weigh in on Monday mornings, officially, but lately I've weighing every other day and (w/ the exception of this morning) it's been working out for me.
  • ShaeDetermined
    Options
    Hey Guys!
    I just wanted to clarify the scoring a bit. It is as follows. I hope this is simple. If you have questions I’ll answer them for you.
    · 1 point for each % lost per team member
    · 1 point for each team member who does their daily exercise challenge (1 point per member per day)
    · 1 point for other weekly challenges (water intake, staying under calories etc.) Each week a different challenge will be outlined. For this week it is to drink 64+ oz of water and stay under your calories.
    (If it changes for next week I will let you know)

· BONUS POINTS
    o Daily Exercise – If EVERY team member does the daily exercise for ALL 6 days Mon – Sat., the TEAM gets an extra 5 points
    o Weekly Challenges – if EVERY team member does the weekly challenge for ALL 6 days Mon – Sat, the TEAM gets an extra 5 points
    (don't get hung up on the mon-sat bit, that's just to keep us in sync as best as possible.
    if you miss a day, use that as your rest day, or double up on a different day)

Let's make sure we log all the points we can!
    I wanna see us getting the bonus every week!

Jackiej26 and slybaby - i still need your initial weight please
  • vjohnso3
    vjohnso3 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just need a little clarification on the "weekly challenge" points... This week the challenge is to drink at least 64oz of water per day, as well as stay under your calories (for 6 days of the week, whether it's Monday-Saturday or not). Does this mean that theoretically you can have one day where you go over your calories and/or don't drink 64oz of water? Not that I plan on having many cheat days, but they happen every once in a while and I just want to be absolutely sure!
  • slybaby
    slybaby Posts: 125
    Options
    Hi team!:happy:

My starting weight for this challenge is 147,1lbs. I'm hoping to loose 1-1,5lbs per week. Wishing you all the best in your weight loss journey! :heart:
  • ShaeDetermined
    Options
    Just need a little clarification on the "weekly challenge" points... This week the challenge is to drink at least 64oz of water per day, as well as stay under your calories (for 6 days of the week, whether it's Monday-Saturday or not). Does this mean that theoretically you can have one day where you go over your calories and/or don't drink 64oz of water? Not that I plan on having many cheat days, but they happen every once in a while and I just want to be absolutely sure!
    Never thought about it that way, but yes, you seem to be correct.
    You are allowed 1 rest day and in essence I guess that rest day can also be a cheat day, since ion the "scoring grid" there it only accounts for 6 days.