What do you eat it with?

Replies

• QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    200 calories per serving
    3g protein
    1g fiber
    for those stats I'd stay away..besides it so yummy you'll eat more but it's great on whole wheat toast
  • jkd1214
    jkd1214 Posts: 27
    Options
    I LOVE it!!! I eat it on graham crackers and on bananas.
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    When I have calories left I will use it for a dessert. I have done it on graham crackers. Been wanting to try it on a banana too. I try not to use it too often but it is a nice treat.
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    200 calories per serving
    3g protein
    1g fiber
    for those stats I'd stay away..besides it so yummy you'll eat more but it's great on whole wheat toast

....Nutella is 86 calories per serving (15g = 1 table spoon) At least in England it is.
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it!!! I eat it on graham crackers and on bananas.

Glad you said that cause I have been wanting to try it on bananas.
  • BRISAjustAltered
    BRISAjustAltered Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I was hooked on it when I went to Germany. Love it! I eat it on my bananas. But my step kids, who eat crap all the time (not their fault though) love it on bread. So I put it on whole grain or wheat bread for them.
  • Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I save it as a treat. I love it on a graham cracker. I only have about 1/2 tbsp.(only 50 calories) thats plenty to satisfy my chocolate desires!
  • Angiebug1969
    Options
    Only as a treat... on rare occasions! My kiddos LOVE when I make fresh crepes, spread with a little Nutella, sliced bananas & sprinkled with powdered sugar. NOT a "healthy" breakfast... like I said, only as a rare treat! But oh so yummy! :)
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    My mom and bf eat it on bread with bananas like pb banana sandwich. I have heard of people eating it on apples or putting on pancakes. I like to dip big rod pretzels in it, mmmm.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Nutella is a great treat. I eat about a tablespoon and I put it on top of strawberries. Yum:)
  • Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I save it as a treat. I love it on a graham cracker. I only have about 1/2 tbsp.(only 50 calories) thats plenty to satisfy my chocolate desires!

I take one graham cracker, break in half, spread about a tsp(not tbsp) of nutella on one half and the same amount of natural peanut butter on the other half. Its a scrumptious little dessert and still only about 150 calories. Portion control is key for me. Even though the label says 2 tbsp is a serving, it doesnt mean I have to have all that! Right?
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Nutella but just plain can't have it in the house - it's one of those foods I just can't keep my knife, spoon, finger, tongue, etc. out of....
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I love nutella and still eat it a few times a week. I usually eat it on graham crackers or whole wheat toast. Sometimes I also add a little peanut butter.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I stay away from it, because I cannot control myself, I could sit and eat half the jar before realizing it. I use to dip pretzels in it..... so yummy but just can't do it.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Nutella is considered a treat at my house and not standard fare. I do make my own so it's not as bad as the store bought stuff (good chocolate and hazelnuts in the blender is the easiest version but you can do it with cocoa powder and stevia too if you don't want the sugar. Just google homemade nutella recipes.)

I do have to say that if you core strawberries and fill them up with homemade Nutella it's about the most delicious thing ever to hit planet earth! And you don't have to feel super bad about it. :)
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Nutella but just plain can't have it in the house - it's one of those foods I just can't keep my knife, spoon, finger, tongue, etc. out of....

Same here :ohwell:
  • sandywack
    sandywack Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks I never tried it but after the comments I'll just use it as a treat.
  • mpbfmom
    mpbfmom Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just read an article about Nutella on a Food Network website. It's not the greatest choice but saying that I do love it. I am going to cut back on it especially since the 2nd ingredient is palm oil. When I have a chocolate craving I'm going to go with a Hershey kiss or something similar. I used to spread it on Coco-Pop this popped corn/wheat thing that our local grocery chain, Wegmans, makes. They are only 18 calories each and pretty tasty. I also spray Pam on it and sprinkle a little cinnamon sugar for a different treat.
  • ibunnie
    ibunnie Posts: 14
    Options
    I only eat Nutella when I have to make a dessert for a party. It's pretty easy; has lots of fruit for, so I get at least some nutrition value and fiber; and only has 267 calories per serving. It helps me stay away from other desserts, especially those with ice cream!

It's pretty simple. You need several kinds of fruit, graham crackers, two bowls of Cool Whip, and 1 jar of Nutella. (I use fresh pineapple, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and oranges.) Cut the fruit into smallish pieces and set aside. Break the graham crackers into squares, cover each square with a light layer of Nutella, and then cover the bottom of a flat container with the "frosted" grahams. Add a layer of fruit, and cover with Cool Whip. Then, repeat all three layers. Serve cold.

To make it 267 calories per serving, use an 11X13 pan and divide into 20 servings. To reduce the calories even more, use fat-free Cool Whip and skip the pineapple. (My guys would never let me get away with fat-free Cool Whip!)

We've had a record-hot summer where we live, and this is a really refreshing dessert that isn't too sweet and doesn't weigh you down.
  • jtcleveland
    Options
    it's fine if you don't eat too much! I put just one tablespoon on toast, yummy!