Nutella?

Options

Replies

• Eve1972
    Eve1972 Posts: 297
    Options
    I eat half a tablespoon of Nutella with almond butter on my toasts every morning, love it!
  • Evette7
    Evette7 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I have a serious love affair with nuttela! I will eat it and eat it and eat it so I limit it for that reason. BUT I do have it for breakfast regularly on either a banana or toast.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    food of the gods
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    When im having a super bad day, this is the first thing i go and buy from the shop! I will sit at home at probably munch thro the whole jar!! As bad as it sounds as its probaby waay over 3000 cals! But i do, this is ONLY when i have a mega breakdown and just feel full on ****! (mind my french).. Lucky it doesnt happen very often!!!
  • mazza2marilyn
    Options
    i don't eat it but my son loves it on crumpets, i prefere ice cream.
  • DebbPBear
    Options
    I live in Guam. We eat it with just about anything! Inside crepes with bananas or cherries. A nutella sandwich. On on pancakes or waffles. Mixed with icecream, I make muffins with it. Anything you would or could imagine using peanut butter for, you can use Nutella for, but a whole lot yummier!
  • runnergirljaime
    runnergirljaime Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan, but definitely in moderation. I have it on toast, crackers...if you want to splurge you can make nutella cookies or even a nutella pizza (think pizza dough with nutella and chocolate chips lol)! Definitely a splurge but VERY yummy. I began really loving it when I started using Giada De Laurentiis' recipes...she uses it a lot:-)
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i have it on an english muffin for breakfast before a run. I does have a lot of calories, so i make sure i can burn it off during the day
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    less cals than PB
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Also look into Dark Chocolate Dreams by PB & Co, it's a choc/pb mixture and awesome
  • princessbrattycake
    Options
    I dip about 3-5 mini pretzels in it when I have a chocolate craving. It works for me :)
  • spyork
    spyork Posts: 187
    Options
    200 calories per serving
    3g protein
    1g fiber
    for those stats I'd stay away..besides it so yummy you'll eat more but it's great on whole wheat toast

....Nutella is 86 calories per serving (15g = 1 table spoon) At least in England it is.

Good in moderation, i have it on toast for a treat or just after a bike ride. Go for it, just dont eat the whole tub!
  • jessicarn76
    jessicarn76 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I make it into a snack using an idea from another MFP member- I put 1 tsp into a wanton wrapper with a slice of banana- wrap it up and bake for 10-15min. YUMMY!!!! Although I've had to move it to the back of my pantry so it's not so accessible to me- I sometimes come home from work and I'm hungry and I'll grab a spoon and the nutella!!!!
  • karyngrace
    karyngrace Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    oh i love nutella!!! but it is strictly an occasional food for me!!! I eat it with a spoon straight outta the jar!! lol!
  • veronicastelo
    Options
    I LOVE NUTELLA!! It's one of those things that I take a big spoon full and stick it in my gob. If you haven't tried it, stay away. It may take decades to kick the habbit.
  • prettywhitty
    prettywhitty Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Nutella is awesome goodness. I have to stay away though. I will go through a whole jar in a few days.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Also look into Dark Chocolate Dreams by PB & Co, it's a choc/pb mixture and awesome

Also known as Heaven in a Jar.
  • NewMeg2011
    Options
    I eat it with a whole grain plain rice cake. I spread about a tablespoon and a half or so of peanut butter then about 1 -2 tsp of Nutella. It reminds me of a peanut butter patty. I need water to eat it and it looks big cuz of the rice cake - it's very mental but satisfies a sugar craving with minimal true damage...
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    200 calories per serving
    3g protein
    1g fiber
    for those stats I'd stay away..besides it so yummy you'll eat more but it's great on whole wheat toast

....Nutella is 86 calories per serving (15g = 1 table spoon) At least in England it is.

It's different in the US. For starters, they consider a serving size to be 2 table spoons (37 grams). The breakdown here is:
    200 calories
    11 grams Fat
    22 grams Carbs (21 from Sugar)
    3 grams Protein
    15 mg Sodium

http://www.nutellausa.com/nutrition-facts.htm

I think it's a little too sweet for me, probably because of all of the sugar. I always choose peanut butter over Nutella because it's higher in protein and has a lot less sugar.
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    Nutella is delicious...

Very high in sugar...

I eat it when I need extra calories...

I have it on toast w/ bananas...

If you want to be really bad... melt it down w/ milk and have it as a hot chocolate.