September Shred - RED TEAM! **CLOSED GROUP**

Options

Replies

• ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Remember to get your starting weights in by Thursday! :)

**If you don't want your weight on here, please let me know!

StartingWeights.jpg

My starting weight is 263.0
  • See_Jenn_Run
    Options
    Hey folks! I'm excited to start this challenge, particularly the weekly goals to get me pumped up!

My name is Jenn, I'm 24 and going back to school full time this fall to finish a bachelor's degree I've been working on for about 3 years part-time. My starting weight is 165. I'd be happy to see 145ish because that's about where I was when I was training for a half marathon I finished in April 2011 and I looked awesome!

Looking forward to getting to know and supporting all of ya!

-Jenn
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    How do I join? Is it too late?
  • kelleman1
    kelleman1 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Here are the weights I have so far, don't hesitate to let me know if I've gotten something wrong!

StartingWeights-1.jpg
  • kelleman1
    Options
    How do I join? Is it too late?

Sorry, our group is closed :( There are a few open groups for September out and about. I hope you find one!
  • skinygirl2b
    Options
    kelleman, I followed the directions for the ticker, so I am hoping it worked. Is there a way to bookmark this thread or add it to a favorites list? I have done little with topics, blogs, etc. Thanks! Maria
  • kelleman1
    Options
    If you look above the topic name for this thread, you'll see "My Topics"

There you can find your most recent 25 topics :smile:
  • klsnell1981
    klsnell1981 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    my starting weight is 251 :( would LOVE to see 240 by the end of Sept!!!
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    kelleman, I followed the directions for the ticker, so I am hoping it worked. Is there a way to bookmark this thread or add it to a favorites list? I have done little with topics, blogs, etc. Thanks! Maria

You can add it toyour favorite in Internet explorer - that's how I keep up with threads I find interesting saves me from having to search for it OR go back through my updates. If you need help adding it just let me know :)
  • Tanya761
    Options
    I will post my starting weight first thing tomorrow morning. I haven't weighed for nearly a week, and it is the end of the day so I want it to be accurate. Excited for this challenge!!!
  • kelleman1
    Options
    I will post my starting weight first thing tomorrow morning. I haven't weighed for nearly a week, and it is the end of the day so I want it to be accurate. Excited for this challenge!!!

I'll be weighing in tomorrow, too :)
  • kelleman1
    Options
    :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses:

HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our first weekly challenge is to work out AT LEAST 5 times this week for a minimum of 30 minutes each time. We can't forget to doing resistance training/ toning so we need to make at least 2 of those workouts resistance/weight training or toning exercises. (If you are already doing this then your challenge is to maintain the time while increasing your effort!)

The second part of the challenge is to drink at least 8 glasses of water each day. When you increase your exercise your muscles will try to retain water. Making sure you are hydrated will help counteract that!

Good luck everyone! :)
  • kelleman1
    Options

Are you trying to get a MFP ticker in your signature?
  • klsnell1981
    klsnell1981 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    this goal should be a breeze--- I already do 5 wrkouts a wk with strength/resistance training!!! Yay!!!
  • Tanya761
    Options
    Start weight is 198.4!!!
  • kelleman1
    Options
    What kind of toning exercises are you all going to be doing? I'm kind of lost there...
  • kelleman1
    Options
    A few people still need to get their starting weights in!

StartingWeights-2.jpg
  • See_Jenn_Run
    Options
    What kind of toning exercises are you all going to be doing? I'm kind of lost there...

Kelleman1,

I don't know if you're a member of a gym or not, but if you are, I'd start with the weight machines. You can do 2-3 exercises for each muscle group for a total body workout, taking at least 60 seconds rest between sets and about a minute and a half rest between muscle groups. If a total-body seems overwhelming, concentrate your sessions on one muscle group at a time. I have a trustworthy diet & exercise book that suggests breaking your sessions into upper body (chest, shoulders, back, triceps, biceps) and lower body (quadriceps, hamstrings, calves), then doing core exercises after your lower body segment.

If you're not a member of a gym, I'd recommend doing calisthenic-type stuff like push-ups, tricep bench dips, crunches, etc. The forums around here contain a lot of different exercises to get you going. Good luck and this challenge is going to be great! Thanks for hosting.

See_Jenn_Run
  • Kaycurrier
    Options
    startign weight for todat officially sept. 1 is . . .259.3, three pounds down from a couple days ago! So excited for the first new challenge, I don't use weights because I work with my own body weight (that alone is like lifting weights) but I do toning exercise with my own body weight, can't wait to meet this first challenge of 5X a week! Big change from my 3X a week. good luck, hope everyone is losers!
  • Kaycurrier
    Options
    oops I mean it is 259.6