Mission Slimpossible Group - start sept 2.nd

Options
124»

Replies

• fit_healthy
    fit_healthy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!! Where is everybody??!!

I got on the scale on yesterday ready to report my progress and was exteremly shocked to see that i had gained nearly half the the total of weight i lost so far :( Can you imagine how i felt? Really sad to start and then extrememly mad with myself after that. I have to confess i had one extreeeeemly bad day this week but i didn't think it was bad enought to put on a whole 7lbs in one week!! I'm not sure what's going on. Could it be something to do with fasting in Ramadan and then getting back to normal routine? It's not my TOM yet, so that excuse is out of the question..........?? The base point is that i feel so bad and am wondering whether it's worth it because all i seem to do is think about food and calories and exercise!! I'm fed-up!

I think for now i need to concentrate really hard on just keeping my calories under control. The problem is i just feel so down now and noticed i;'m feeling hungrier too!

Anyway, i'd like to hear if anyone is having any success and more importantly would like to know the key to that success.

I'm still here, i have two more days to fast and then i am done :)

I havn't really stayed on target, but im hoping after next week i will be back on target.

Hunny - whats your water intake like? Sometimes we feel hungrier but its actually the body being dehydrated.

When you feel fed up, just keep reminding yourself why your trying to lose weight. Always have your goals insight to keep you motivated :)
  • hunny73
    hunny73 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

After last weeks shock horror 7lb gained i am now nearly back to the weight i was prior to that particular weigh in at 209.8! As you all suggested it probably was not weight gained but just water retention for some unknown reason probably, dehydration high sodium etc. I just drank more water than i normally do and tried to keep within my calorie allowance (although some of the food choice were not very healthy and i did go over a bit once or twice) and went to the gym 3 days during week. Previously in a similar situation i would have just given up gained more weight and reached sqaure one again. After this times fall i am glad i was able to get straight back up, dust myself off and get back on the wagon!! And that's thanks to you all and my friends on mfp. Thank you.

Apart from that i must say i was in agony for 2 days after my kickboxing class!! But i really needed it. It helps to relieve all that pent up frustration :) Only problem is i feel so hungry after a good workout.

This week my goal is to keep my sweet tooth on a leash and try and burn 3500.

Thank you all once again for the support. Look forward to reading everyones updates!! :wink:
  • concealedpearl
    Options
    That's good hunny...keep at it.

Last week and this week I'm trying to get rid of my 5lb TOM weight, it usually falls off the week after but for some reason this time its taking too long. I am not sure what is going on. I did start a new workout (TAEBO) maybe it's causing me to have water retention in my muscles, who knows. But my 8lb September loss is now where near possible, but I'll keep at it and hope for the best.

Before the end of the year I want to lose 20lb...that's 3months so it is achievable without plateaus and any other bumps on the way.
    I also want to keep fasting monday and thursdays, I think this will help...the days I fast will be my rest days.

Where is everyone else?
  • thinthought
    thinthought Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hı everyone --
    I am here but on holıdays and have no regular ınternet-- thıs has to be quıck

Hunny -- try not to worry-- maybe ıt was water weıght. Watch your sodıum and keep us posted!

I have not been loggıng ın...exercısıng... or eatıng well. Dont thınk I wıll reach the goal thıs month. Bummer

I hope to have ınternet regularly by tonıght. Lookıng forward to catchıng up--
    Mıss my MFP crew
  • hunny73
    Options
    Thinthought - you are on holiday so don't worry about it for now. we'll get you back on track in no time. Looking forward to having you back.

Concealedpearl - i was thinking.....getting back to exercise might mean we are building muscle..........and of course muscle weighs more than fat.....hence the weight gains. is that possible? 20lbs in 3 months. That's 6.66llbs a month. i'm sure that's possible with solid committment and focus.
  • bosanka
    bosanka Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    first..

i admit - i was extremely - not serious this time - since ramadan i have not been really comitted or disciplined.

i'm not happy. with the situation. with my decissions. with my way of l ife. i'm simply not happy.

why am i than not changing it ?

i guess i'm numb. i'm not happy- but it's hard to get myself out of this hole.

i need to start getting out of this. i tried so many times.. than fall back down. each time it hurts more because i keep falling and hurting myself over and over again.. every time giving more strenght and giving more hope.. and than not achieving any goals.. is just painful. .. i start losing faith - in myself.. in my capabilities.. i used to be for years a ' motivator for others " on other websites.. but something is just not working in me at this moment..
    i'm like a broken record.. to myself.. i'm like a relationship that gets cheated on and promised everytime " this time it will be better " i mean how many broken promises can you take ? can you believe ? can you forgive ?
    i keep promising myself.. setting goals.. big and small.. motivating ideas .. i keep finding " new stuff " to keep me going.. and th an what ? i don't see results. and than what ? i get frustrated.. i start feeling the fear " oh .. i'm goint to fail again " and guess what i do. how do i get that out of my head ? how can i start believeing in myself ? i don't know i mean i know all the " phrases " and the mottos.. and the motivational speaches.. but how do yhou really start FEELING what you are saying " believe in myself - to the end " how ?? i need to achieve something to be happy .. to see a result.. to be able to see hope again.

september is almost over..

let's use the few last days to come up with a real serious team. It doesn't have to be a big number of members.. i'd rather have 5 members but commited.. serious. supportive- daily in touch, than having a large group that is as - inactive as this one at this moment..

what do you think ? who can " feel me ? " .. and who thinks can understand me ? who thinks this " small group " is for him/her .. ? think before you say " i'm in " .. i need real honest - serious support and motivation..
    how about a " closed group ? just few serious members ?
  • Shaz_74
    Shaz_74 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    uummm, I dunno ... I find that I get more than enough support and motivation just through the News Feed - must be my Facebook state of mind LOL
    I'd like to reserve a spot in the new group - although I'll only post 2-3x/week, not daily.
  • concealedpearl
    Options
    bosanka...everyone's biggest fear is failure that is why we don't do the things we want to do. We have to defeat our fear of failure and only then can we be successful. Honestly the only solution is FOCUS...whatever you focus on is what will happen, so don't focus on the fact that you keep failing but change your focus to the end result...who you want to be in the future and in sha Allah it will fall in to place.

Include me in this small group...Although I don't really need motivation I just want accountability and support and answers to any questions I may have.
  • hunny73
    Options
    I'm feeling you sister!! i'm up for a closed group if we can gather even 5 people. I can try and log everyday. Although i don't know if i'll have much to say.
  • fit_healthy
    fit_healthy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    bosanka...everyone's biggest fear is failure that is why we don't do the things we want to do. We have to defeat our fear of failure and only then can we be successful. Honestly the only solution is FOCUS...whatever you focus on is what will happen, so don't focus on the fact that you keep failing but change your focus to the end result...who you want to be in the future and in sha Allah it will fall in to place.

Include me in this small group...Although I don't really need motivation I just want accountability and support and answers to any questions I may have.

I agree too, its all to do with Focus.

I have not been focused at all this month, especially as i had no set goal to stick too. Plus i have been lazy too.

I don't mind joining the small group, but really need some goals to keep me motivated and focused. Each week we could have a set goal for the week,
    eg 3500 calories burned in a week
    30 minutes a day of core muscle activities
    300 burpees in a week
  • concealedpearl
    Options
    so are we forming the smaller group?
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Im in. last months i have using MFP as facebook but i have started my 90 day challenge tht is with myself. but i would like to check in and report.

today i did my fitness test, i used tests from p90x and insanity fit tests, but Im not very much impressed with results.
  • bosanka
    Options
    sorry i was not here - but i need to come back ..

will open a new october - topic and i hope you all will join..

thinking of our " october group - topic name ...

can't think of any thing fancy- i guess is not that important :)

will post a link when i open- please join .. and invite some others .. let's get really serious this month !
  • bosanka
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/357522-october-let-s-get-down-to-business-join-only-if-you-are-ser

meant to write in topic " join only if you are serios " but it didn't fit and now i can't change the topic..

anyways- thats the new topic.. hope you will join.. and ihope we will finally " wake up and get back to business " ..