yet another TOM post...

Options
13»

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    These posts all make me laugh.. I mean really.. your 21 yrs old, if you haven't figured out how to deal with it by now, there's an issue.

Go to your doc.. there is birth control that will help with all those symptoms.

I'm on Loestrin and I get zero cramps, zero fatigue, but bloating and a lil bit of moodiness.. starts on a tuesday, ends on a thursday.. it's glorious.

I think you're very lucky to have found something that works for you-that doesn't mean there's something wrong with everyone else who hasn't been so fortunate. You are the exception, not the rule. Many women suffer and many of us can't take any kind of birth control.

I saw your eariler post, and you say you tried the pill and the shot.. there are many pills and many options. Sometimes it takes more then one(a few months to see if it works) before you know.

I know I'm lucky to find what works for me. and I feel other women could too, if they would actually try instead of saying oh it doesn't work right away wah, that must mean it's not working and I'm doomed to suffer.
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    If water weight gain is excessive with TOM like it is for me, i take 2 diuretics, water pills, at the height of my water retention like when it gets to the point that my hands are swollen, and it helps release some of the excess. I wouldnt take any more than that but a little releif helps alot.
  • fortysixpounds
    fortysixpounds Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    These posts all make me laugh.. I mean really.. your 21 yrs old, if you haven't figured out how to deal with it by now, there's an issue.

I'm on Loestrin and I get zero cramps, zero fatigue, but bloating and a lil bit of moodiness.. starts on a tuesday, ends on a thursday.. it's glorious.

I think you're very lucky to have found something that works for you-that doesn't mean there's something wrong with everyone else who hasn't been so fortunate. You are the exception, not the rule. Many women suffer and many of us can't take any kind of birth control.

I saw your eariler post, and you say you tried the pill and the shot.. there are many pills and many options. Sometimes it takes more then one(a few months to see if it works) before you know.

I know I'm lucky to find what works for me. and I feel other women could too, if they would actually try instead of saying oh it doesn't work right away wah, that must mean it's not working and I'm doomed to suffer.

Yes I did try the pill and the injection but both went horribly wrong. I get severe angioedema and I can't try anything new. Even things that used to be fine are now very dangerous for me. .I am not allowed anything, not even paracetemol. Believe me, it's not fun I just had my tonsils out in July without any painkillers and it was awful. I'm not alone in this, there's a lot of people with allergies. They can't just try new things til they find something that works either. Also many birth controls interfere with important medications, another reason why many people are not suitable candidates to take birth control. There's tons of of reasons why women can't take the pill or swap around til they find one that works.

So yea well done you that you don't have to suffer. Unfortunately some of us don't have the same options open to us.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Yes, I get them a week before. I just deal with it. I try to do a little more exercise to help with the symptoms.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options

I completely agree that some people try a few things for a short period of time, think they don't work - and maybe they don't, but they stil haven't given it enough time to really know - and then gripe about things not working and can sometimes play the victim. However, it is true that variations of hormonal birth control do not work for every woman, particularly in terms of reducing cycle symptoms. Beyond that, not everyone wants to medicate everything, so to tell someone to take this or that pill may not solve the problem for everyone. I do not take hormonal birth control, I did for years and then decided it was not something I wanted to do anymore for various reasons. That obviously puts me in the minority, but it is still a valid choice to find natural alternatives to remedy symptoms. But, it's good for people to ask so they can get your opinion and the opinions of others and maybe find a solution that they haven't tried or thought of.
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options

I mean, are you on your period right now? 'Cause you have some serious attitude, girl! I really can't ask a question without a debbie downer giving their rude input.