TEAM CHISULO FF-CLOSED GROUP SEPT WEEK ONE

Options
Alright...here we are with the first week of challenges. Please note that there are two sets of challenges...one for those who are starting off slow and one for those who are in FULL BEAST MODE! If you choose to mix the two (like I will), you must complete one of the daily challenges. For instant, I will complete the basic challenge and then incorporate some of the more advanced challenge exercises into my day as well until I am able to go ALL ADVANCED. Here goes...if you have ANY questions or concerns, inbox me...

MsMonique0919 (Captain) - Monique
VeMaddox (Co-Captain) -Ginny
EmSwanson - Emily
Ivygirl328 - Kim
PrettyPrPro - Toya
Kapeluza - Julie
MoonChild - Cristie
Arieltheincredible - Ariel
IrisT9975 -Iris
Fitmommy2012- Kirsty

******************** BASIC CHALLENGE ****************************
WEEK 1 – PYGMY SERIES
This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement!
Week One Daily Exercise Challenge. Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 30 Squat Kicks* and 50 Jumping Jacks
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup, tomato juice or bottles of water if u don’t have weights

Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches* + 20 Mountain Climbers
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )

Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights) + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) The video is a little long sorry.

Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 50 Crunches + 50 Toe Touches
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiDNLfNKBYA&playnext=1&list=PL41F287FEDA882B18 )

Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches + 2 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks

Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

*************************** ADVANCED CHALLENGE **********************************
WEEK 1 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)
Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
Welcome to 300 Week You will do 6 exercises at 50 reps as quickly as possible 3 times this week. These are not to be broken up into segments. You are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself!
Day 1 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
Day 2 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)
Day 3 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)

Day 5 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)

Day 7 - Rest! You deserve it!

************************ ALL MEMBERS **************************

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise! *********
Week One Weekly Team Challenge
Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.
*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

Replies

• cindy0716
    cindy0716 Posts: 135
    Options
    bump
  • IRIST9975
    IRIST9975 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Looks like September is going to be a challenge, Kind of scared me a bit but I am looking forward to seeing what I can do. I am so happy with the results that I have gotten in the August challenge. We can do this ladies. Lets kick September's *kitten*!!!
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I'm excited!!!!
  • msmonique0919
    Options
    Em, I see that you are VERY close to your swim goal??? CONGRATS!!! Ladies, I go to the doctor tomorrow. I checked my heart rate yesterday using my Polar and it was 59-60. That is normal...but I have to be cleared by the doctor. Unfortunately, the side effect of the new medicine is a HEADACHE and between that and sinuses, my head has been banging! Send a prayer up for me for tomorrow because I want to start September right. Meanwhile, I will not be much help for the August weigh in but I wont hurt either. I know you ladies will rock it out though!!!!! Thanks so much for sticking with me!
  • ivygirl328
    ivygirl328 Posts: 121
    Options
    Thinking of you! Good luck tomorrow!!

I'm ready to kick September in the teeth!
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Yeah I am ready to do EVEN better in September than I did in August! =]

So my question is, do we weigh in on Thursdays now or is Sunday still our weigh in day ? Also...do you want us to submit our new weight to you tomorrow morning ? Just trying to get this transition down...and yeah I realized that I was doing the globe jumps wrong...HAHA! Septemeber IS going to be a killer for sure, but I am excited!! :wink:
  • fitmommy2012
    Options
    Em, I see that you are VERY close to your swim goal??? CONGRATS!!! Ladies, I go to the doctor tomorrow. I checked my heart rate yesterday using my Polar and it was 59-60. That is normal...but I have to be cleared by the doctor. Unfortunately, the side effect of the new medicine is a HEADACHE and between that and sinuses, my head has been banging! Send a prayer up for me for tomorrow because I want to start September right. Meanwhile, I will not be much help for the August weigh in but I wont hurt either. I know you ladies will rock it out though!!!!! Thanks so much for sticking with me!

OH, I am so sorry to hear that! I suffer from freaking AWFUL migraines, so I know how miserable headaches can be...I would NEVER wish that on anyone! Hope that you feel much better soon and can start September giving it your all! :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • fitmommy2012
    Options
    Oh and one more thing (sorry I am posting so much) I think that if you do the "BUSHMAN" challenge all 6 days you should be awarded MORE points than if you just do the "basic" challenge each day...like a bushman day should be worth at least an extra 1/2 point....I mean it IS going to be A LOT harder than the basic...I dont know...thats just me though.....:ohwell:
  • msmonique0919
    Options
    Alright ladies...the challenges have been modified to keep us on a Monday to Saturday week. Please note that I do not mind you taking one rest day during the week if you cannot make it to Sunday, but note that this is a challenge and we only get ONE. Please be honest because at the end of the day, you not only hurt yourself, but you hurt the team as well. So, here goes....

******* BASIC EXERCISES *******

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE WEEK 1 – PYGMY SERIES

This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement!

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup, tomato juice or bottles of water if u don’t have weights

Day 4 REST YOU DESERVE IT!

******* ADVANCED CHALLENGES *******

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE WEEK 1 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)

Welcome to 300 Week You will do 6 exercises at 50 reps as quickly as possible 3 times this week. These are not to be broken up into segments. You are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself!

Day 1 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!

Day 2 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)

Day 3 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!

Day 4 - REST YOU DESERVE IT!

******************** THE FOLLOWING APPLIES TO EVERYONE ********************

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all LOG EVERY DAY and NOT GO OVER TARGET CALORIES and log AT LEAST 64 OZ OF WATER each day. If each team member does this all 6 DAYS your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points. *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.
  • msmonique0919
    Options
    I agree, but here is the problem with that. Everyone is not physically able to do those challenges and some captains and members are REALLY competitive. I mean, we have experienced that in our group with the young lady who was transferred from the group because she felt as if we were not "going hard enough" like another group. Some people would be passed over or shunned, quite possibly because of their inability to do the Bushmen Series and if not, you would have folk lying saying that they were doing it and that is not what we want, you know? I do agree with you. I think Gary is trying things out to see how they work and as we go along with the challenges, we will tweak. So, as your Captain, I will bring that up to him for future consideration.
    Oh and one more thing (sorry I am posting so much) I think that if you do the "BUSHMAN" challenge all 6 days you should be awarded MORE points than if you just do the "basic" challenge each day...like a bushman day should be worth at least an extra 1/2 point....I mean it IS going to be A LOT harder than the basic...I dont know...thats just me though.....:ohwell:
  • msmonique0919
    Options
    Oh and post as muich as you need to! That was a valid point and it is my job to go to him as captain and bring these things to light so that we can make our challenges better!
  • fitmommy2012
    Options
    I agree, but here is the problem with that. Everyone is not physically able to do those challenges and some captains and members are REALLY competitive. I mean, we have experienced that in our group with the young lady who was transferred from the group because she felt as if we were not "going hard enough" like another group. Some people would be passed over or shunned, quite possibly because of their inability to do the Bushmen Series and if not, you would have folk lying saying that they were doing it and that is not what we want, you know? I do agree with you. I think Gary is trying things out to see how they work and as we go along with the challenges, we will tweak. So, as your Captain, I will bring that up to him for future consideration.

Oh yeah...I hadnt thought of it that way...though it had crossed my mind that people would lie..but I HIGHLY doubt that anyone on our team would do that...just because I think that we all have a good grasp that this is for US and that we are ONLY hurting OURSELVES by lying...but I know that other teams may not be as honest as we would be...so yeah that makes plenty of sense...I was only asking because I am sure that most of us will attempt to do the Bushman on at least 1 day a week....and for as hard as it is..you would think we would get a little extra something...but thats just me tallking, LOL.... :tongue: Thanks for taking the time to respond to that Monique! :heart:
  • msmonique0919
    Options
    No problem...:wink: If you all have any concerns, you can always inbox me or post it and I will investigate. Like I say all of the time, this is not just a challenge, it's our health! The better the understanding we have...the better we feel about doing it....the better we feel, the more we will put into it and the more we will get out of it! As a captain, I want to make the challenges better and better!

Oh yeah...I hadnt thought of it that way...though it had crossed my mind that people would lie..but I HIGHLY doubt that anyone on our team would do that...just because I think that we all have a good grasp that this is for US and that we are ONLY hurting OURSELVES by lying...but I know that other teams may not be as honest as we would be...so yeah that makes plenty of sense...I was only asking because I am sure that most of us will attempt to do the Bushman on at least 1 day a week....and for as hard as it is..you would think we would get a little extra something...but thats just me tallking, LOL.... :tongue: Thanks for taking the time to respond to that Monique! :heart:
  • prettyprpro
    prettyprpro Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I have to read over all of this. But I do see myself doing some of both. Does this challenge start on Sept 1st or tomorrow, Aug 31st? Let me know!!! :)

Alright...here we are with the first week of challenges. Please note that there are two sets of challenges...one for those who are starting off slow and one for those who are in FULL BEAST MODE! If you choose to mix the two (like I will), you must complete one of the daily challenges. For instant, I will complete the basic challenge and then incorporate some of the more advanced challenge exercises into my day as well until I am able to go ALL ADVANCED. Here goes...if you have ANY questions or concerns, inbox me...

EmSwanson - Emily
    Ivygirl328 - Kim
    PrettyPrPro - Toya
    Kapeluza - Julie
    MoonChild - Cristie
    IrisT9975 -Iris
    Fitmommy2012- Kirsty

WEEK 1 – PYGMY SERIES
    Week One Daily Exercise Challenge. Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.

Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights) + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run.

Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 50 Crunches + 50 Toe Touches
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiDNLfNKBYA&playnext=1&list=PL41F287FEDA882B18 )

*************************** ADVANCED CHALLENGE **********************************
    Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)

Day 5 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise! *********
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.
    *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.
  • IRIST9975
    IRIST9975 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I have to read over all of this. But I do see myself doing some of both. Does this challenge start on Sept 1st or tomorrow, Aug 31st? Let me know!!! :)

EmSwanson - Emily
    Ivygirl328 - Kim
    PrettyPrPro - Toya
    Kapeluza - Julie
    MoonChild - Cristie
    IrisT9975 -Iris
    Fitmommy2012- Kirsty

WEEK 1 – PYGMY SERIES

We begin on september 1st.
  • fitmommy2012
    Options
    Yeah I get that! :bigsmile: You are doing a great job Monique! I will keep in touch, especially if I have questions or concerns...thanks again! :heart: :smile:

No problem...:wink: If you all have any concerns, you can always inbox me or post it and I will investigate. Like I say all of the time, this is not just a challenge, it's our health! The better the understanding we have...the better we feel about doing it....the better we feel, the more we will put into it and the more we will get out of it! As a captain, I want to make the challenges better and better!

• msmonique0919
    Options
    Alright Ladies...ARE YOU READYYYYY? Cap got the OK from the DR to get back in full mode! All praises due to God and THANKS to you all for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers! I really appreciate it. So, let's get it started. My goal is 15 pounds this challenge...I hit that 10 so why not shoot for 15! Anyway, let's get our game plans together for the holiday! Remember, preparation is the key! Even if you have to do TWO workouts to eat some treats, let's get that together in our minds NOW! LOL WE START TOMORROW...so let's go! If you want me to use your weight from the last August weigh in, I can...otherwise please send your weight effective September 1st. Let's go ladies! I believe in you...

We CAN do it...We WILL do it...Consider it done!
  • fitmommy2012
    Options
    Alright Ladies...ARE YOU READYYYYY? Cap got the OK from the DR to get back in full mode! All praises due to God and THANKS to you all for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers! I really appreciate it. So, let's get it started. My goal is 15 pounds this challenge...I hit that 10 so why not shoot for 15! Anyway, let's get our game plans together for the holiday! Remember, preparation is the key! Even if you have to do TWO workouts to eat some treats, let's get that together in our minds NOW! LOL WE START TOMORROW...so let's go! If you want me to use your weight from the last August weigh in, I can...otherwise please send your weight effective September 1st. Let's go ladies! I believe in you...

We CAN do it...We WILL do it...Consider it done!

Yeah just go ahead and use my weight from the August challenge, it was 150.7 - and once again 5 pounds is my goal...so I want to weigh 145.7 by then of September...I will be doing backflips just to get to that number again, HAHAHAHA! Its been over a year since I weighed that little, and I will be SUPER psyched to be that weight again!! :bigsmile: So yeah I am SUPER ready to kick the heck out of September! :bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile: :heart:
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    testing signature
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Ok testing signature. Please let me know what you think of the new signature?