Can exercise and dieting delay your period?

Options
2»

Replies

• TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have not had a normal period since May, finally went to the doctors am not pregnant but have low estrogen so they are running a heap of tests to find out why, hope that your doctors appointment goes well.
  • Chrissieneave
    Chrissieneave Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have not had a normal period since May, finally went to the doctors am not pregnant but have low estrogen so they are running a heap of tests to find out why, hope that your doctors appointment goes well.

Thank You :) - hoping i have a period before i go :/
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    The first month i started working out and dieting every day I got my TOM like a week earlier than normal (even on BC to keep it regular). This month it was back to normal so yes it can totally fool with it. If you keep going without it definitely see a dr. though to make sure nothing else to account for!
  • Chrissieneave
    Chrissieneave Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Well, seems like i can canel by Dr's appointment!! So yes, i have missed a month and I say its def down to exercise and diet, i just presume my body is going through changes, and hopefully for the better :)
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    yes it can...any change in your body, be it a gain/loss of wt, or stress can affect your hormones and your cycle. as a matter of fact mine has become regular within the last 2 months...i now have a 27 day cycle due to exercising regularly and i had TWO, count them TWO cycles this month....not common but i started the 1st and the 28th.....i have noticed that mine is not as heavy, sorry if this is too much info..hehe.....hope this helps
  • lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    bump