Going grocery shopping today... what to get

Options
agugino
agugino Posts: 119
Hubby and I are going grocery shopping tonight so I need some quick, easy meal ideas? We aren't huge veggie eaters, we like just a few, lettuce, broccoli, asparagus, zucchini, green beans. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• allycaturban
    Options
    coconut water ...yummmmm
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Chicken!
    its extremely versatile.
    Chicken sandwiches, chicken w/ pasta and veggies, chicken wraps....
  • jennadaniele
    jennadaniele Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Putting (cooking) soy sauce on broccoli and carrots tastes good! Last week we did-Roast beef, broccoli and carrot mix and potatoes (boiled). The sauce from the roast was great on the potatoes.

The easy way is just on the side with a meat, I always eat them together, fork a piece of meat and a piece of veggie haha, I like veggies, but not crazy for them!

Hope that helps?
  • agugino
    Options
    That sounds awesome. Makes me think of the hibachi style with carrots, onion, zucchini and broccoli. That's always SOOO Good.
  • toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    If you like spicy, you should try these soft shell burritos - They're from the Better Homes and Gardens Dieter's Cookbook (and plus you can nix what you don't like in them and they're still amazing!)

From start to finish: 35 minutes
    Oven: 350F // Makes 6 servings

Nutrition per serving:
    252 cals, 7g total fat (3g sat fat), 42 mg chol, 532mg sodium, 29g carb, 2g fiber, 16g protein
    ----
    Daily Values:
    14% vitamin A, 38% vitamin C, 9% calcium, 14% iron
    6 - 8" fat free flour tortillas
    12 oz extra lean ground beef (I use 92 rather than like 80/20)
    1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium onion)
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1/2 cup chopped green pepper (1 small)
    1/2 cup bottled salsa or picante sauce
    2 tsp dried mexican seasoning
    1.5 cups shredded lettuce
    1 cup chopped tomatoes (2 medium) - we usually nix this
    1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar or monterey jack cheese (2 oz)

Wrap tortillas in foil and bake in 350 oven for 10 minutes until warmed.
    Meanwhile, in large skilley cook ground beef, onion, garlic over med-high heat until meat is brown & onion tender, then drain off fat. Stir in sweet pepper, 1/2 cup salsa (or picante) and mex seasoning. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
    Place tortilla with about 1/2 cup of meat mixture and some lettuce and tomatoes. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Fold-in sides and roll up. Cut in half to serve. If desired, sprinkle with addt'l cheese or salsa.

It's so delicious!
  • agugino
    Options
    Sounds great! We love spicy. That's going on for the weekend! :) Thanks
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'd vote for fruits and lean meat. Fruits are good short term energy, meat protein is good for long term. If you're feeling particularly culinary, a mix of the two like Orange Glazed Chicken.
  • chermariew
    Options
    I sell Epicure Selections which is what I use on my veggies, next to no calories and the great part is they don't use sodium like other name brands.

Let me know if you are interested.....
    Here is the website: www.epicureselections.com
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Chicken breasts+jar of salsa+taco seasoning in crockpot for 4 hours on high= shredded chicken for tacos