when could you tell a difference.

Options
so i went from 224ish possibly 225 down to 213 but seriously i cannot tell a difference....thats 11lbs gone...my goal weight is 160 but i may be satified at 180 once i hit it i dont even look like im 200 as it is now so i guess its good i carry my weight well....but for everyone else how much did you have to lose before you could actually see a difference?

Replies

• jennor8or
    jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    i've lots 12 lbs total since i started...i can now pull my pants down without unbuttoning them but the next size down will barely button at all (whats THAT about??..anyways) ... i can't tell a difference-- clearly there must be one, but i surely dont see it
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    if you haven't taken "before" pics yet, definitely do that! other than being able to tell in my pics, it probably took 20+ lbs to really notice a difference in looks. great job btw!
  • Happy0326
    Happy0326 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I lost 13 lbs. so far & NO ONE can tell the difference yet...NOT even me...LOL!! Well I could tell my clothes are fitting alot looser.
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    around 20lbs, then increasingly so for each 5 after that
  • kms450
    kms450 Posts: 5
    Options
    I started losing weight around 200 lbs but it wasn't until 180 that I started to notice a difference. Sometimes it takes a while to get down to a ponit where your body is small enough to notice changes. Now that I way less, I notice changes every couple of pounds. Stick with it - once you start seeing the changes, you won't want to stop seeing them!
  • howmyworldruns
    Options
    I started noticing at about 12 pounds, but barely. I did not take an actual "before" full body picture. I should have, I'm down now about 18 pounds and it's equating to 2 sizes. Also, I have lost inches more than anything, be sure and measure your waist, arms, hips, thighs, etc.
  • pipistrula
    Options
    I've done at least 10 lbs, I can tell when I wear my work clothes sometimes, because my shirt fits diff and my belt fits like 2 notches better, but I can't otherwise. My mom didn't see me for a month and was absolutely shocked when she saw me, so it must be there.
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    i have lost 22 and my cloths are alot bigger on me and my shirts seem alot longer, but when i look in the mirrow i dont see any change... wish i could would be even more motivation.. my sister also lost like 40-50 pounds i can tell on her. i asked her a couple days ago if she could tell, she said no... that sucks will we always see that bigger person in the mirror?
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i lost 35 lbs and noone really said anything about it until recently. i still can't see a difference in myself, but knowing that i went from a size 13 to a size 4-5 i definitely know there is. i can really see a change in myself when i look at pictures, or try on clothes that i could never fit into.
  • Bluejay789
    Bluejay789 Posts: 176
    Options
    I've gone from 190 to 172. I am 5'44 18 Pounds! I just receive a compliment yesterday someone at work asking me if I was loosing weight. Wow I had to loose 18 pounds for someone to notice???

It is sad to say but you have to loose a good amount of weight before people that see you everyday notice.

Now I did see a friend, I have not seen in 8 weeks and she told me I looked great.

Second thing. I am still in the size 12-14 clothes I was wearing 18 pounds ago. There are just loose.
    Do not give up! I was 11 pounds 5 weeks ago but then I have been in burn mode.... meaning that my body is actually burning fat but it is all over as I do cardio 3 -5 times a week 30 - 45 minutes a time depending on my mood.

You can do this. I never thought I would make it 18 pounds. I cannot weight to loose a size and be in a
  • litlpineapple
    litlpineapple Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for a little less than 2 months and I've lost about 15lbs since I started. My body is a little more compact, clothes fit looser, I've had people ask and say that I look like I've lost but, it's not like a complete change. I could probably drop down a clothing size (top & bottom) but it would be most likely be tight and unflattering. I like to think of every 10lbs as a nice little visible difference. :happy:
  • diana109
    diana109 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    For me it took losing 40lbs for me to notice the difference. The bad part for me was that I thought I looked good because I lost a lot of weight but then I would see a picture and it was not pretty. 40 lbs was the ticket for me!!
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    It was about 20lbs until someone said something!
  • Nichole90
    Nichole90 Posts: 118
    Options
    thank you ladies and gentlemen :)
  • zookeeperjess
    Options
    I'm 21 pounds down and right around 18 pounds is when I started to notice a difference. I take pictures each week to compare and that really shows the differences so I highly recommend that.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Lost 16 lbs and only see a minor difference. I can somewhat fit into old pants/skirts but they make my fat hangout (but hey, at least I can do up the buttons now!) I go to stores and it seems like I've increased in size though =/

I went bathing suit shopping the other day and only fit in DD tops, which is weird because in the winter I had a breast reduction from a DD to a C.... Must have been the shop though because I fit into all my old bras from when I was 14 haha.
  • abbysmommy7
    abbysmommy7 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you..be proud of your lose your deserve to be proud it is hard work!
    About 25lbs before I noticed and some people noticed along the way...but people are really starting to notice now...guess the secret's out of the bag. I wanted to keep it quiet in case I failed...but how could any of us go wrong with the help of MFP and all the supporters on it!
  • rococo11
    rococo11 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    General rule of thumb is it takes a 7-10% change in body weight for those who see you frequently to notice. Those who see you less frequently will notice sooner because there wasn't a gradual shift. But, that's just a general thing.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    General rule of thumb is it takes a 7-10% change in body weight for those who see you frequently to notice. Those who see you less frequently will notice sooner because there wasn't a gradual shift. But, that's just a general thing.

I thought the same thing, so I assumed when I went home after losing 38 lbs, people would notice. Not one person said a word to me. It was kind of a bummer, but that just makes me more determined to lose even more by xmas. I'm hoping to be down at least 60 lbs by then. Surely they'll notice at that point. lol
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    for me 10% would have been 15 pounds. I can tell and am buying new clothes but no one has really noticed a difference so far. Good thing I have another 20lbs to go until i'm at my goal weight!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!