Who wants taco cupcakes?

Options
2»

Replies

• RealMeSomeday
    Options
    I do! I just saw this recipe posted on facebook (through wholly guacamole) and it sounds delicious. It also sounds easy to adapt to specific tastes/dietary restrictions. Enjoy! http://www.emilybites.com/2011/08/taco-cupcakes.html

Thank you for posting and may I say CONGRATS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS!!!!!
    When I see this sort of thing, I think maybe I can do it too!
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • chassidynl
    Options
    *falls down and drowns in own drool*

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

LMAOOOO , I was thinking the same freaken thing.... hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ME TOO! Wow these look and sound AMAZING!!!!!
  • ksminor22
    Options
    I am going to try these tonight! Any idea how to put the calories and such in for the food diary? Also, I'm going to try it with lean ground turkey, since I don't have any beef!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    YUMMMMMMM-O!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    swoon
  • sare_sweetheart
    Options
    bump
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I don't think putting words "taco" and "cupcake" together sounds very appetizing.
    I just veganized it and I know my kids will love this! Here it is:

TACO CUPCAKES

Ingredients:

1 ½ t chili oil
    1 can black beans
    1 T taco seasoning
    1 can refried beans
    16 wonton wrappers
    1 c chunky salsa
    1 c Raw Cashew Cheeze (Daiya cheese optional)
    Directions:

1. Pre-heat the oven to 375. Lightly mist 8 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
    2. Heat chili oil in a sauté pan or large skillet over medium-high heat; add the black beans and taco seasoning, breaking it up with a spoon. Continue to cook for a few minutes until warm.
    3. Push a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each of the eight sprayed cups in the muffin tin. Spoon a teaspoon of cashew cheeze into each wonton wrapper and spread across the bottom. Follow by spooning refried beans and black bean mixture into each cup (using about half the total mixture) and then splitting ½ cup of the salsa evenly into each cup. Press another wonton wrapper on top and repeat the layering steps with the remaining ingredients.
    4. Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.

Yields 8 taco cupcakes

Sounds awesome! Thanks for posting the revision.
  • jennarandhayes
    Options
    I am going to try these tonight! Any idea how to put the calories and such in for the food diary? Also, I'm going to try it with lean ground turkey, since I don't have any beef!

Sorry, I just saw this post. Under the "Food" tab there is a "Recipes" tab, click it and look for "Recipe Calculator." You can add all of your personal recipes.
  • jennarandhayes
    Options
    I do! I just saw this recipe posted on facebook (through wholly guacamole) and it sounds delicious. It also sounds easy to adapt to specific tastes/dietary restrictions. Enjoy! http://www.emilybites.com/2011/08/taco-cupcakes.html

Thank you for posting and may I say CONGRATS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS!!!!!
    When I see this sort of thing, I think maybe I can do it too!

Thanks. You CAN do it! My journey has been a long one, I have stopped and started again many times, but I don't look at those times as set backs. I haven't let myself get back to my highest weight. I figure that I need to focus on my end goal and take it one day at a time. If you look at the whole process it becomes daunting, but it can be done. I have learned from so many wonderful MFPers, many of them don't even know that they were an inspiration to me. Stay online and stay focused, you will get there.
  • purple_orchid
    purple_orchid Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    going to try this!
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    Options
    at first, i was like wth... that does not sound good...then i saw the pic... looks yummy! will have to try this!
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • missgreen74_2003
    missgreen74_2003 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That looks soooooo good... I think I need to go shopping
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to make the lasagne cupcakes ...someone posted that recipe lately..and someone I just saw on the message board has, as their profile picture,something that looks like the taco cupcakes.....

BUT, I can't find the wonton wraps. Anyone ever bought them? Do you know if Walmart sells them and maybe I'm not looking in the right place? I've tried Walmart and our local grocery stores..no luck...

Any ideas?
  • ksminor22
    Options
    I found them at Kroger's in the produce section! I had to ask someone to help me find them, but sure enough, they had them! Not sure about walmart though. Hope that helps!
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to make the lasagne cupcakes ...someone posted that recipe lately..and someone I just saw on the message board has, as their profile picture,something that looks like the taco cupcakes.....

BUT, I can't find the wonton wraps. Anyone ever bought them? Do you know if Walmart sells them and maybe I'm not looking in the right place? I've tried Walmart and our local grocery stores..no luck...

Any ideas?

For many stores, the wonton wraps are generally in the produce section in a refrigerated case. They need to be kept refrigerated. I had trouble finding them and had to ask someone! I was looking on the shelves in the international food section, ha ha. :) I do not know if Walmart specifically carries them, but I don't see why they wouldn't!
  • jennarandhayes
    Options
    I think it's best to ask. Every store seems to have them in a different, non logical place. My store keeps them next to the pre-cut fruit bowls and salads!