I have less than 20 pounds to lose, but it's proving difficu

Options
2»

Replies

• albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    You need ot mix it up. I lost 10lbs in my first two months, then 2 more but I kept gaining and losing those 2. I finally had a week with no exercise because I was too busy. That's change #1. Then I upped my calories for a week. Change #2. Then I cut my calories back to my weight loss level. change #3 and then I changed my cardio from 20 minutes twice a day to 50-60 minutes once a day. change #4. I finally managed to keep the 2lbs off and another one to boot all in one week.
    This is so encouraging. At first glance I thought it was me talking...LOL Thank you for sharing the experience. I should retake my stragegy and try out your method.
  • albayin
    Options
    To kndlindsey: when you said "upped calories" how much more did you bump up? A lot, or just a couple of hundreds? Just curious. Thanks!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you have your weight loss goal set at, but being you have only 15 pounds to lose you shouldn't have it any higher than 1 pound per week. You may want to go lower than that even. I would suggest setting your goal at 1 pound per week if it is higher than that right now. If you have it at 1 pound per week maybe drop it a little lower than that even. This will increase your calories.
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I had been eating at 1200 religiously and I upped my base calories to 1390 and ate back exercise calories some of the time, usually exercise 200-300 calories a day so I upped to a minimum of 1400 and a max of 1700, for one week. I did gain 1.5 during that week but as soon as I dropped my calories back to 1200 it came right back off. I think it was a combination of changing the calories and the exercise routine too. Now I am back to 1200 calories and have the same exercise but plan on changing the exercise up in another 2 weeks. good luck!
  • albayin
    Options
    I had been eating at 1200 religiously and I upped my base calories to 1390 and ate back exercise calories some of the time, usually exercise 200-300 calories a day so I upped to a minimum of 1400 and a max of 1700, for one week. I did gain 1.5 during that week but as soon as I dropped my calories back to 1200 it came right back off. I think it was a combination of changing the calories and the exercise routine too. Now I am back to 1200 calories and have the same exercise but plan on changing the exercise up in another 2 weeks. good luck!
    Many thanks. :)