Sixers Holiday Challenge Week 6!!

Replies

• nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    I gained, but oh well, I know why and that's all that matters. Kristen I've already been thinking about goals for 2009. I'm really hoping it will be a great year for me.

Katy ~ SW 183.2 / GW 174 / CW 174.6/ Progress -8.6lbs
    Cathy ~ SW 210.8 / GW 199 / CW 209.6 / Progress: -1.2
    Kristin ~ SW 159 / GW 155 / CW 157 / Progress: -2.0
    Deb ~ SW 201.4 / GW 197 / CW 203.4 / Progress +2.0
    Shanell ~ SW 211 / GW 201 / CW 212 / Progress +1

Lauryn ~ SW 161 / GW 157 / CW 156 / Progress -5.0
    Connie ~ SW 266 / GW 255/ CW 264/ Progress -2.0
    Tammara ~ SW 224 / GW 214 / CW 218 / Progress -6.0
    AmyLou ~ SW 155.6 / GW 150 / CW 152.0 / Progress: -3.6
    Robin ~ SW 194 / GW 185 / CW 191.5 / Progress -2.5
    Rhiannon ~ SW 174.0 / GW 167.2 / CW 170.4/ Progress -3.6
    Becky ~ SW151 / GW 141 / CW 146 Progress -5
    Amy ~ SW 194 / GW 182.2 / CW 193 / Progress -1.0
    Cass ~ SW 189.8 / GW 179.8 / CW 185.2 / Progress -4.6
    Allie ~ SW 178.4 / GW 171 / CW 177.6 / Progress -0.8
    Tan ~ SW 295 / GW 275 / CW 297 / Progress +2.0
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Ummm Deb...I GAINED over Christmas! And yes...I am TOTALLY looking forward to a new challenge! How about "Sixers Valentines Challenge"?? It will take us through February 17th (right after Valentines Day!!!) Let me know what you ladies think! And maybe another percent of our remaining weight! I have some added motivation...my husband and I are heading to Texas and Mexico on February 6th for a week! His grandparents winter there, so we go visit almost every year...it's SUCH a good vacation! So...I'm all about losing before that...it will be shy of the six weeks, but I think I can do great!

Well...off to eat lunch! And no worries Cathy...I am staying FAR away from the treat plate!!!:wink::laugh:

Hey Kristen,

I was referring to the overall picture for this challenge so far and it looks like you are down there.

I'm glad you are planning your valentines day challenge. Sounds great to me. I hope to really try my best for that one. Having a trip planned sounds like great motivation. Sounds like fun too.

Have a great day.:happy:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    boy, kistin got me thinking of my goals for new years.....i don't want just the lose weight thing again. don't need the quit smoking done that. so......

2009 goals:
    meet my final goal
    learn not to spend so much
    start growing a savings
    find my new home (large enough this time)
    not to be so hard on myself
    to lighten up when things don't go my way. i am not in charge.....
    to get my health in better order and have the surgery on my hand done.....

i think that is the main things......
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    GOOD morning ladies!!!!:flowerforyou: It's a BRAND NEW DAY!!!!!!!:bigsmile:

Last night was good for me! I went to the gym and had a WONDERFUL workout burning over 700 calories! Then home and made some yummy chicken and dumplings (and low calorie!) My husband and I watched some tv and then got to bed nice and early! Woke up feeling GREAT!

Today I will go over...I know I will. The gym closes at 4 today and I won't really have time anyway. We are meeting my sister for an early dinner (not sure where we are going yet) and then to a friends house for a New Years party. I tried to plan good meals for the first part of today, but I will still go over with the lack of exercise calories! Here's the plan:

Breakfast
    One A Day - Womens Multi Vitamin, 1 tablet 0
    Multi Grain Cheerios & Banana, 1 meal 255
    Old Orchard - Healthy Balance Pomegranate Cranberry, 8 FL OZ 29
    Total breakfast 284

AM snacks
    Coffee - ground, 2 cup 0
    Nestle Coffee Mate - Coffee Creamer (Sugar Free Vanilla Caramel), 2 tbsp 30
    Ocean Spray - 100 Calorie Pack Craisens, 1 pack 100
    Total AM snacks 130

Lunch
    Diet Coke - Soft Drink, 6 fl. oz. 0
    Carrots - Baby, 14 pieces 35
    Ae Yo-Lite Yogurt - Yogurt, 6 oz 80
    Campbell's Select Harvest - Light Italian-Style Vegetable Soup, 1 container (2 cups ea.) 100
    Jell-O - Sugar Free Fat Free Instant Pudding Lemon Flavor, 1/2 cup prepared with fat free milk 70
    Cool Whip - Whipped Topping - Free, 2 tbsp 15
    Total lunch 300

Afternoon snacks
    Apples - Raw, with skin, 1 medium (2-3/4" dia) (approx 3 per lb) 72
    Kashi - TLC Crunchy Granola Bars - Roasted Almond Crunch, 2 bars 180
    Total afternoon snacks 252

Dinner
    Wherever we end up going out for dinner...really NO idea yet. Depends on how busy things are. Hopefully AppleBees...our favorite and I LOVE their WW menu!!

PM snacks
    Oh...a few drinks I'm sure...it IS New Years Eve!!!! :wink: :laugh:

Total: 966
    Your Daily Goal: 1,200
    Remaining: 234

SO...with only 234 calories remaining, no dinner planned yet, and surely a few beverages this evening to celebrate, I WILL go over...but it's OKAY! I WILL survive!

Deb...Thank you!:flowerforyou: I guess looking at it overall, I HAVE lost...and it was throughout the holiday season...so yes, YAY for me!

Shanell...Yes...2009 WILL be a GREAT year for you! I can feel it!!!!!:drinker:

Cathy...you've got some good goals for 2009! And I KNOW you can acheive them all!!!

Wow...we are missing quite a few people this week...I hope they are just busy and still on board with us! WE LOVE YOU GALS!!!!!:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:

So...let's talk about goals for 2009! Here are mine:

1. Learn to control my sweet cravings...this is a big problem for me. I LOVE sweets and I'd really like to learn how to just say NO!

2. Build up and maintain a savings account...my husband and I have been BAD about this. I want this to be the year we start...it will be a slow process as we are paying things off, but I'd like to put a little money away every pay check!

3. Pay off our personal loans...we have two and I'd like to get them paid off this year!

4. Learn to accept the faults in myself and the people around we...we are only human and sometimes I think that I forget we can't all be perfect and tend to take it out on those closest to me (my hubby).

5. Get certified to teach fitness classes at my gym...I SO want to do this and have talked with one instructor I am friends with and figured out what I need to do. I'm on the emailing list for the next time a spin instruction class comes to my area, and I want to get in a little better shape before trying to get certified for BodyPump. The other would be a Step class which my friend said she would work one on one with me. So...the goal is to do it this year!!!

6. Home renovations...there are some things we want to do in our home that I'd like to get taken care of this year. It's hard for me to push my husband to get on them, but I know if I start, he will work on them with me. They are all small things, but should get taken care of!

7. Run a 10K...I ran my first 5K this year, and I'd LOVE to build up the endurance to run a 10K this year! Then it will be onto a marathon!!!!

8. I have a very personal goal that I won't share at this time, but it is one that is very dear to my heart and I so hope to accomplish this year. Maybe I will share at some point, but I'm not ready yet.

So...these are the goals for the upcoming year! I have full confidence that I can acheive them and am going to work VERY hard at them! I would love to hear what you all are challenging yourselves to accomplish this year...and remember...NO "to lose weight" allowed!!!:wink:
  • kistinbee
    Updated...

Lauryn ~ SW 161 / GW 157 / CW 160 / Progress -1.0

AmyLou ~ SW 155.6 / GW 150 / CW 152.0 / Progress: -3.6
  • DebLaf
    Hi all,

Kristen, You have a great list of goals; you are so organized, I just love it. You're also very inspiring. I hope you do them all and the first step is putting it down on paper, so you're off to a great start. How exciting about becoming a fitness instructor. Good luck and have a great New Year!!!:drinker:

Have a safe and happy New Year everyone!:happy:
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Hi ladies!!!

Wow I haven't been on in a while! I did weigh in yesterday. up 2 lbs. over the holidays!! yikes!! but hopefully now that most of the food is in the past I can get back on track. I love the idea for the new challenge and will need to think a bit on my 2009 goals. Here is my update!

AmyLou ~ SW 155.6 / GW 150 / CW 154.0 / Progress: -1.6

• kistinbee
    Deb...thank you! Thank you! :flowerforyou: It means a lot to me to be able to inspire someone...that's exactly what I want to do! So thanks! You TOTALLY made my day!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • chipper15173
    well went to see endrocologist today. i spoke to him about my diet. was wondering if i should continue with the calorie counting or go back to carb counting (whick is what diabetics do) and he said if my numbers were good and i was losing weight, either would do fine. i told him i just wasn't losing weight as fast as i did with the carb counting. he said to go back to that and see what happens. he didn't think it would change. so i am changing things around this week to see what happens.
    he had made a comment on my weight which really hurt my feelings. he said it didn't look like i need much food anyway. i am thinking hey dude watch what you say i just lost 77 #s. very unsenitive doctor. other wise he said everything was looking good and no worries. wanted to know this from a diabeties doctor. he is testing my adrenaline gland. said it should be fine, he would be surprised if it came back abnormal.

well, off to take a short nap before my party tonight. hope everyone has a safe and happy new year.
    see you next year.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Happy New Year!! We've still got 3 hours but it's 2009 in a few minutes for most of you lovely ladies!!! Ready for a new and rocking year??? I sure am! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • chipper15173
    party was ok, it was nothing but his coworkers wow all 3 of them. so of course it was work talk most of the night. then when everyone was good and drunk, the hot tub was open. no thank you not with a bunch of drunk people and we are all over 50 LOL LOL LOL LOL:laugh: :laugh: i didn't drink anything so to me it wasn't a pretty sight. so we left than.
    i am so tired. the ___dog just woke me up to go outside. so i got a total of 4 1/2 hours sleep and it wasn't very restful either. so going to go lay down on the couch for a few.
    happy new year all.
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Happy New Year to everyone. Hope it rocked. I went down a pound to 211, my starting weight. Yay!! My weight fluntuates so much. Even hubby is under 200 againd, prick!:laugh:

Well hope everyone has a wonderful day. Later.
  • DebLaf
    Happy New Year All,

I hope we all have many great successes in our weight loss journey this year!!

Kristen, Glad I could make your day. You're such a sweetie:flowerforyou:
    Cathy, That Doctor sounds like a jerk. He should be complimenting your great job on the pounds you have already lost. He must not be in touch with the reality of how hard it is to lose this weight.
    Amy, Glad to see your back.
    Shenell, Wow thats great to be down at this time of the year.
    Pedal, I'm ready too!!!

Have a great day ladies:happy:
  • PedalHound
    Hellooooo everyone!

Here's the plan for tomorrow:

1: pumpkin pie oatmeal w/ vanilla protein powder (1/4 serving)
    2: scrambled egg whites
    3: gala apple
    4: 1/2 sprouted grain bagel w/ homemade cilantro hummus, spinach, alfalfa sprouts & tomato, 10 almonds & a chocolate protein shake made w/ skim milk
    5: baked salmon fillet (3 oz), 1/3 cup cooked brown basmati rice, 1 cup steamed broccoli
    6: protein shake after work out (bosu class)
    7: steamed veggies (broc, kale, peppers, carrots) w/ brown rice, tofu & peanut sauce
    8: gala apple & 1/2 cup skim milk before bed

I'm so excited to get back to the gym tomorrow!! And I haven't done bosu but for the one time in September so it will feel fresh. There's also a 1.5 hour master class on Saturday where all of the different classes offered feature a 10 minute demo.

I feel so lumpy and lethargic and flabby. I sure can see the lbs I gained!! :noway: But I sure know the road out of this mess and I am fine with walking it.
    More personals soon. I need to get back in the groove of things here :flowerforyou:
  • chipper15173
    morning girls....
    well, just a few more days and the "normal" begins again.....
    went out with family yesterday to try a new resturant (buffet golden corral). been to one before, it just opened here. i ate and ate. and paid, more and more for it. wasn't surprised at what all that food did to my body, just a reminder. i felt like crap and was in the bathroom many times:blushing: . i didn't eat much else for the rest of the day. snacked on nuts. DH felt the same way. we were discussing how it just made us feel tired, greasy, etc.
    both feeling much better today. now i think i got my DD's cold. thanks shanell :wink: .
    well, off to dress and head out. taking son to doc, than we are going to steve and berrys to find some more great deals. already there yesturday, but the bathroom kept calling, so going back and search some more. i am able to fit into the XL size of sara jessica parker's brand "bitten" cute clothes. was thrilled they fit. the 18 pants fit too, but were low rise, don't do them. so will look for different ones today.
    have a great day ladies.
    cathy
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Ok... So I'm finally ready to admit that I gained weight last week and this... lol... I was good for most of the holidays, and had actually lost weight, up until Christmas week... I don't think I've gone overboard, although I did eat some taco bell (and not fresco) one day with my son, and we had a hot oil fondue last night with my mom who is visiting this week and my boss and his family. So... Maybe part of this gain is due to the hot oil? lol I need to get back into my daily weighing, because when I'm only weighing once or twice a week, I'm not sure if it's water or true gain. It's actually driving me crazy! How do you girls do it?

AmyLou ~ SW 155.6 / GW 150 / CW 154.0 / Progress: -1.6
    Robin ~ SW 194 / GW 185 / CW 194 / Progress 0

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    *groans* Oh no, another weigh in.... This is the final one too, isn't it? :indifferent:

Gym this afternoon, we shall see how bad I've been this week :laugh: .

HAPPY FRIDAY, SIXERS!!
    I'm off for a well-deserved, long overdue girls weekend in the mountains, where I went to college.
  • DebLaf
    Good Morning Ladies,

I'm feeling pretty good today. I lost .2 lb. Not much, but it's better than going up. I got my exercise in right away today; I love getting it done first thing in the morning.

I am hosting a birthday party for my FIL today, so there will be cake and some fattening foods. I am glad the eating part of the holiday is coming to an end. I will be so glad to be back on track.

Also a reminder if anyone is interested in Oprah's show on Monday. It will be about losing weight. She usually has a pretty inspiring show when it comes to weight loss.

Have a great day everyone:happy:
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Hey Ladies!

Cant check in today, no scale here on vacation lol. Not even a walmart or anything within an hour or so drive otherwise I would be tempted to buy one!!

I havent did my jog/walk on the beach since Tuesday. I took Wednesday off bc we got up early and did the tourist thing then had New Years Eve..Yesterday was just waaaaay too cold the wind was blowing 30+mph!

Today we are getting a late start and just hanging out...going to leave when everyone is ready and go play in Hatteras Village for the afternoon.

I havent ate terrible, but it hasnt been the best!! I am "snacking" alot as well :grumble: There is also the wine we have drank.. I try to keep it at two glasses at the most..and the different imported yummy beer.... New Years Eve we drank 3 different kinds of wine..I had 3 glasses..one of each.. and 1/2 glass of bubbly! So that is good.

If we get back before the sun goes down I AM going for a jog on the beach..atleast 20 minutes. We leave in the morning, I am aiming to leave between 6-8am and its about an 8 or so hour drive home.

Cathy.. Yes there are only a few more days left..then back to the normal routine! I am SOO ready for it!!!

So when I get home tomorrow I will check my weight :frown:

I hope everyone had a great New Years and are doing well..

Good job on the -0.2lbs Deb!!! A loss is a loss!!!!

Okay will do more personals tomorrow or Sunday when I have more time... Have a great day ladies and make choices that make you feel good :)

:heart:

Katy
  • PedalHound
    Katy, Cathy, I totally agree - SO ready to get back to the routine!!

Good morning everyone! :happy: