Sixers Holiday Challenge Week 6!!

Options

Replies

• pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    Good morning and Happy 2009 Sixers!

I am so looking forward to what this year has to bring. I think, looking back on last year in retrospect....I was not ready to loose the weight. I was still dealing with the great losses I suffered in 2007. I though that all was good when 2008 began but I really have changed my mind about that. As some of you know my father died suddenly in his sleep of a heart attack at the young age of 55. 2 months later my Aunt, his baby sister, at age 50 died of cancer.

This year my goals are as follows.....

1. learn to like myself
    2. fit into my maid of honor dress for my BFF wedding
    3. feel healthy( I dont feel anywhere near that right now)
    4. organize my house and life

I think all of these things are huge! Its going to be a big challenge but I am there!

And when we start this new challenge , you all better watch out because I am going to loose lots with this one!
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Here are my resolutions for the New Year of 2009.:flowerforyou:

1- Of course lose weight and be at goal.
    2- Organize my house and keep it cleaner than usual.
    3- Pay my bills better and get on better track with money.
    4- Do some renovations around the house that have been needing to be done.

I think that's it. Same one's as every year.

Later.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Amy :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: I really do understand. Good for you for recognizing what your personal obstacles might be, and for allowing yourself a fresh start with renewed optimism. I don't love the fact that I'm finishing this challenge at the same weight I started it at, but I'm gung-ho for a new challenge and to see what I can accomplish :happy:

Shanell, good luck with your resolutions too!!

Mine are:
    - to take my power back. I allow things to get to me that shouldn't. I give too much power to grouchy people and I need to keep my power in my own hands.
    - to achieve my initial goal with my body. I would like to move on to more serious training for muscle sculpting (the term bodybuilding for women doesn't conjure the right images. I'm not talking the steroid-induced man muscles...) and I'll move on to that level along with body fat % goals once I reach my general weight-loss goals.
    - to progress gracefully through the bankruptcy we'll be declaring in the next few months due to my business. Sadly, our personal finances and business finances weren't separate so it's what we've got to do :frown: But we rent our house, we don't have tons and tons of "stuff" so we won't technically LOSE anything, it's just the financial process. Still a rough one but not the catastrophic event it can be for people who have homes and cars!!

Those are my general goals :smile:

So, I HAVE TO share this recipe. Made it today and it is truly divine!! It's a raw chocolate fondue and it's incredibly healthy (it's from a great book / cook book I own called 'The Healthiest Meals on Earth'). We chopped up banana, kiwi and mango but I'd replace the banana for apples or strawberries for a healthier meal. The nutrition stats are only for the dip, not the cut up fruit.
    1 very ripe banana
    1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1/4 cup almond butter
    2 tbsp agave (or maple) syrup
    3 tbsp best quality pure cocoa powder
    1 tsp vanilla extract or almond extract or orange extract or grand marnier.

combine all ingredients in blender or food processor, blend well & serve! Serves 6.

Calories
    Total Fat
    6.7g
    10%
    Saturated Fat
    0.8g
    4%
    Cholesterol
    0mg
    0%
    Sodium
    10mg
    0%
    Total Carbohydrates
    12.8g
    4%
    Dietary Fiber
    1.7g
    7%
    Sugars
    6.5g
    Protein
    2.3g
    Vitamin A 1% • Vitamin C 3%
    Calcium 4% • Iron 5% ... this is in the database under Rhiannon raw chocolate fondue!

Okay, off to get my guy down for his nap :happy:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Final weigh in for me. I lost 2lbs in 6 weeks. I'm cool. 2lbs lost is 2lbs lost, amIright? :wink:

Katy ~ SW 183.2 / GW 174 / CW 174.6/ Progress -8.6lbs
    Cathy ~ SW 210.8 / GW 199 / CW 209.6 / Progress: -1.2
    Kristin ~ SW 159 / GW 155 / CW 157 / Progress: -2.0
    Deb ~ SW 201.4 / GW 197 / CW 203.4 / Progress +2.0
    Shanell ~ SW 211 / GW 201 / CW 212 / Progress +1
    Lauryn ~ SW 161 / GW 157 / CW 159 / Progress -2.0
    AmyLou ~ SW 155.6 / GW 150 / CW 154.0 / Progress: -1.6
    Robin ~ SW 194 / GW 185 / CW 194 / Progress 0

Connie ~ SW 266 / GW 255/ CW 264/ Progress -2.0
    Tammara ~ SW 224 / GW 214 / CW 218 / Progress -6.0
    Rhiannon ~ SW 174.0 / GW 167.2 / CW 170.4/ Progress -3.6
    Becky ~ SW151 / GW 141 / CW 146 Progress -5
    Amy ~ SW 194 / GW 182.2 / CW 193 / Progress -1.0
    Cass ~ SW 189.8 / GW 179.8 / CW 185.2 / Progress -4.6
    Allie ~ SW 178.4 / GW 171 / CW 177.6 / Progress -0.8
    Tan ~ SW 295 / GW 275 / CW 297 / Progress +2.0
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Lauryn, I think the final weigh in is on Tuesday. This was just the Friday extra weigh in for those of us who do poorly over the weekend:laugh:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Well, it feels REALLY good to have a perfect day again, let me tell you!! And tomorrow morning is the Master Class at my gym that I'm looking SO forward to!

Here are the meals for tomorrow!

1: homemade oatmeal w/ pumpkin, apple slices, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, cinnamon & agave nectar (1 tbsp), 3 scrambled egg whites w/ 1 tbsp salsa
    2: protein drink after workout
    3: WW tortilla w/ alfalfa sprouts, red pepper, broccoli, carrot, zucchini & skim milk cheese
    4: 1 apple w/ 1 serving raw chocolate fondue
    5: protein shake, 3 cups air-popped popcorn, 12 almonds
    6: 3oz baked salmon fillet, 1.5 cups steamed broccoli, 1/2 cup black japonica rice, 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
    7: 1 cup skim milk, 12g 71% cocoa dark chocolate

workout: 1.5 hr Master Class & possibly some weigh training at home later.

Enjoy the last weekend of this challenge ladies!! Looking forward to a new start in a few days?? I think we're really going to SHINE!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    good morning.
    DH woke me up early. he got up early and had made pedal's pumpkin oatmeal for me this morning. we had gone to the sore last night to get steel cut oats. he had to change the recipe some to use them. it was good. i like the lower carbs.
    not much planned for today. sore throat, and a little stuffy still. it comes and goes. hope i can hold it off, what ever i am trying to get.
    well, off to get something to drink and just sit here and watch some shows taped last night.
    back later, cathy
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Cathy, glad you like it! I love steel cut oats too.. I had pumpkin oatmeal this morning also but added an apple sliced up. DELICIOUS!

I had the BEST work out this morning. It was the Master Class and it was so much fun!!! I'm really sore right now. Burned over 700 cals in an hour which is a really tough feat for me in a class these days. My weight is also creeping back down a teensy bit (I've peeked) so that's a good feeling.

Well, on with the day with my wonder monkeys :laugh:
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Good Morning All,

Lauryn, Congrats on losing over the holidays. That is an awesome thing to be able to do.

Cathy, It was so sweet of your DH to make the pumpkin oatmeal. How did it turn out?

Pedal, Glad to hear you enjoyed your workout so much. The fondue recipe sounds great. I only need to get the almond butter to make it. I think I will finally make that pumpkin oatmeal tomorrow. How well does it store in the fridge? So sorry to hear about your bankruptcy; times are very hard right now. :cry: Sounds like you have a good handle on things though. I can't wait for things to start turning around for the better.:happy: Hopefully, this will be the year they do.

I got my exercise on the tredmill in this morning. DH is back to work tomorrow and things will start getting back to normal.

I'm taking my HESI test Thursday to try to get into a nursing program, it is very competitive in this area. 1,000 applicants for 120 spots. I won't find out if I make it until April.

On Tuesday should we be looking for the "Sixers Valentines Day Challenge"?

Have a great day everyone!
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Good morning folks!

Deb, good luck on your exam!! And thanks for the support. I'm just trying to keep my eye on the long run.

Pumpkin pie oatmeal w/ apples is about ready so I'm off for breakfast. Just wanted to say hi!! :bigsmile:
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Im up for the Sixers Valentine Challenge :) Count me in!!! Maybe I will have a special Valentine by then :tongue:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Ha Ha Ha.... So, I finally, on Friday, admitted a gain. And today, I stepped on the scale, and am back down to the pre Christmas weight. lol... I do need to keep up my daily weighing... I had noticed the gain, and stayed away from the scale for a while. Then the next time I was on the scale the weight was still there. And then I stayed away from the scale again for a while. The next time I was on the scale, I was up a bit more even, and that was when I changed my ticker and posted on here.

But... Yesterday I was down a bit, and now today, back to where I've been for the last 2 or 3 weeks. Yahoo... Daily weighing, then I'll know if it's a true gain, or sodium. Or the hot oil fondue that we had two days in a row.... lol

Sorry I'm babbling...
  • chipper15173
    Options
    i will most likely have a gain on tues. no biggie. sorting some things out after seeing the doctor last week. changing things around. boy, i hate doing this. it seems somethng is always in my way. i guess because i haven't figured it out yet for me. twisting and turning things around is what gets it right for you.
    off to finish some laundry and make some more fabric softner.
  • PedalHound
    Options
    YEAHOO!! I was out today and there were HUGE sales at my favourite store. I ended up buying some things for my next size down as well as a couple of things that work now. Get this... I got 1 pair of jeans, a super cute skirt, 2 long sleeve shirts, a warm-up jacket, a camisole, a lovely summer shirt, 2 pair of socks and 2 headbands for UNDER $45!!!! :noway: :noway: :noway: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I was able to get in to all the stuff I bought but the jeans, skirt, cami & summer shirt were all bought small. I was amazed that I could get into them, even having them fit tight because the jeans were a size 29, the skirt was a size 7, the cami and shirt were medium and I've always been unable to fit into XLs in tops because my chest has been so big. It's shrinking now though!! What a haul. I'm totally on a shopping high. NICE :laugh: :tongue: :bigsmile:

Just had to share.
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Rhiannon - I LOVE the feeling of a shopper's high!! Sounds like you found some great things!!!

I'm very excited for the next challenge because needless to say I've gotten a little off track. But I'm hoping to finish this one out strong on Tuesday and hopefully stay on track during the next one.

Haven't had a chance to really sit down and figure out my 2009 goals this week. I need to do that. This week has been kind of stressful here at home. I would go into it more but just am not ready to sort through all the emotional this and that. I have been dying to go on a jog outside this week to just sort out my head but unfortunately frigid wind chills haven't allowed me to do that. :frown:

I've done pretty well today foodwise. I find when I'm home instead of little meals with snacks in between to keep me going I tend to do a little bit bigger meals and am never hungry for snacks much anymore. My mom (a teacher) goes back to work tomorrow after break so we'll see how I do when left to my own devices here at home. I don't start class again until the 20th so I will be back home for a little while longer yet. It's nice but I'm starting to run out of things to do!!! And while I should be using all my free time for exercise, that really isn't happening.

Sorry to lay this all out there at once, but I think I'm just a little frustrated with myself right now in more ways than one. Thanks for listening and hope you all have a good evening!!
    :heart:
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Amylou- I totally understand what you are saying. I know you will be back to normal when you are back to your surroundings. :) Wishing you the best!

To everyone else: Happy New Year!

I know I have been missing for a little while. I am back in VA. deciding if I really can handle living here. I did have a nice trip this time though. I stayed on in Virginia Beach at the Wyndam w/ my boyfriend and we had a great time. It was his first flight and his first time to the beach.

I will be home on the 8th and then I will have time to analyze my goals for this new year. Just have lots on my mind right now. Thanks for always being a listening or reading ear!! I am so happy to have met you all. I haven't been on the scale but I will when I return home. I have been working out and trying to monitor my food. I am ready to face the results and move w/ baby steps forward.

I love the idea of the love yourself challenge. Sounds great to me. Miss you all and Again happy new year. I hope it brings us all the joy we desire! :)

Tamm
  • rlh0614
    rlh0614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I hope I can find you guys for the Sixers Valentine Challenge.... I had a computer crash issue during the xmas break, and wasn't at work... so - I am sorry I have been MIA. I am ready to get back on track!
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. :flowerforyou: It's back to work and back on track. :wink: I hate getting thrown off course. But today starts anew. I'm going to reach my weight goal this year. I am in high spirits and ready to get out of the rut I've been in since the holidays. :happy: I am so looking forward to the Valentine challenge. I love these because they are short goals and we all keep each other going.

Goal today is water, water, and water.
    Plus, stay within calories, and get in some sort of exercise.

Hope you ladies have a wonderful day. Later.:flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I will post more late. Small gain over New Years but it's okay. Had some personal things going on.

I will hopefully start a post for the Sixers Love Yourself Challenge later as well as final weigh in for this!

Have a great morning!!!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    quicky check in this morning......busy day today.....
    7:30 gym....check done
    9:45 shower/dress......check done
    10:15 pack lunch......check done.... waiting 30 mins to leave.....
    11:00 stop by sons trailer drop off key....
    11:30 take son to hospital......
    2:00 son surgery.....
    3:30 settle son down, straighten up house.......
    5:00 fix dinner.......

hope everyone has a good day. normal has returned in my little world. so glad.
    back later....