microwave apple crisp breakfast!

Options

Replies

• cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Ohh this used to be my favorite snack! I'm soo having this for breakfast!
  • mamamia05
    mamamia05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    great recipe...going to try it with my picky lil ones too! thanks!
  • akane1087
    Options
    That sounds soooo good! Definitly going to have to try that!
  • KatieWH
    KatieWH Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    not only is this super quick to make, but it is also keeps me full and satisfied for a long period of time, especially with a glass of water with it. heres what you need:

1 medium apple (my favorite is red delicious; super crispy)
    1 packet of plain oatmeal
    1pinch of powdered cinnamon
    1 pinch of sweetener, if you like it a lil sweet!! (the natural sugar in the apples is more than enough though!!)

*OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS
    -brown sugar
    -sugar free maple syrup
    -granola instead of plain oatmeal
    -maple sugar and cinnamon oatmeal instead of having to use cinnamon and sweetener (30 more cals than plain oatmeal)

POUR that plain oatmeal into a bowl, pour over water to cover it (just enough so you cant see the outlines of the oats) SHOVE that bowl into the microwave, put it in for 2 minutes!!!
    CHOP those apples into wedges, then chop the wedges into small lil triangle shapes. youd be amazed at how much apple youd get if you chop it this way!! this gives your hungry eyes the illusion that you are eating a lot more than a mere 80 cals
    TAKE that oatmeal outta the microwave and pour it over those apples, put on lots of cinnamon/sweetener to taste
    MICROWAVE that for 2 more minutes!! this makes all the flavors mix and blend better. take it out, mix it all around, and enjoy :D

RESULTS: warm and delicious apples, a house smelling like thanksgiving, and a nice full belly till lunch :) only for 180 cals, so you can even have a cup of lowfat milk with it if you like!!

Yumm! This sounds awesome - thanks!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lorjill
    lorjill Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    trying this one!!
  • GreenPharmD
    GreenPharmD Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    LOL your directions make me laugh, they're so enthusiastic, I love it!! Trying it tomorrow morning for sure! :)
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing! So simple, yet, so tasty and creative! Love it!
  • Jenyfur1
    Options
    Bump
  • kingkong123
    kingkong123 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    bump
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I do something like this but use steel cut oats, and when they are almost done I throw the sliced apple into the pot with them so the apples get warm and then sprinkle cinnamon in at the last minute! I also take some of the apple wedges and use my bullet to blend them up (and add a little water) then pour that into the oats as well, the sweetness from the "apple juice" is better than sugar!!!

And I agree-its delicious!!

Good idea, the sweetnes from the apple juice!! Another great purpose for my "Bullet"!
  • ccarpe
    ccarpe Posts: 118
    Options
    This was sooooo good !!! I made it for breakfast this morning, and you're right, my kitchen smelled amazing too. Thanks for the post.
  • jillyp22
    Options
    Yummy def wanna try this tomorrow:)
  • jpfrimmer
    Options
    Yummy, I will be buying apples tomorrow :)
  • ercarnes
    ercarnes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yum going to try this
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Bump. Sounds yummy and I don't even like oatmeal.
  • karensquiz
    Options
    sounds good - bump!
  • Soccer_chick916
    Soccer_chick916 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    not only is this super quick to make, but it is also keeps me full and satisfied for a long period of time, especially with a glass of water with it. heres what you need:

1 medium apple (my favorite is red delicious; super crispy)
    1 packet of plain oatmeal
    1pinch of powdered cinnamon
    1 pinch of sweetener, if you like it a lil sweet!! (the natural sugar in the apples is more than enough though!!)

*OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS
    -brown sugar
    -sugar free maple syrup
    -granola instead of plain oatmeal
    -maple sugar and cinnamon oatmeal instead of having to use cinnamon and sweetener (30 more cals than plain oatmeal)

POUR that plain oatmeal into a bowl, pour over water to cover it (just enough so you cant see the outlines of the oats) SHOVE that bowl into the microwave, put it in for 2 minutes!!!
    CHOP those apples into wedges, then chop the wedges into small lil triangle shapes. youd be amazed at how much apple youd get if you chop it this way!! this gives your hungry eyes the illusion that you are eating a lot more than a mere 80 cals
    TAKE that oatmeal outta the microwave and pour it over those apples, put on lots of cinnamon/sweetener to taste
    MICROWAVE that for 2 more minutes!! this makes all the flavors mix and blend better. take it out, mix it all around, and enjoy :D

RESULTS: warm and delicious apples, a house smelling like thanksgiving, and a nice full belly till lunch :) only for 180 cals, so you can even have a cup of lowfat milk with it if you like!!

Awesome recipe, Thanks for sharing!
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • jem728
    Options
    yummy