You are more fit, are you attracted to "fit people" more so

Options

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    My superficial side got to me yesterday as I was admiring a personal trainer... His arms, his back, his traps........ then I realized... oh yea I'm sitting in the probation and parole office (waiting for my ex to get done) FAIL..... bahahaha, I mean sure he's probably a nice guy and all... but I can't seem to find a single one without a record lately :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You allude to a good issue Compatible Habits.
    Yes short term attraction can apply to anyone and those tastes change, but for a long term relationship, people need compatible habits, whether it applies to eating, exercise or obeying the law.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I'm to the place in my life where what's inside matters way more than what the container looks like. But this is a chicken/egg issue for me.

What I look for on the inside is that the person is taking care of themselves: mentally and spiritually, financially, physically. If they are HAPPILY taking care of themselves, they are eating right, spending within their means, living within their morality, not sabotaging their own goals, dreams, hopes, desires. Because that's how I am living, and I expect that of a potential partner.

So, I ask rhetorically, a person with that viewpoint, how do you believe they would look? Pretty good on the outside too.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'm still attracted to big, lumberjack looking guys :)

I don't think I could ever be attracted to a thin or extremely "ripped" guy.
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Nah, I've always been judgmental, it wasn't just something that happened with weightloss ;-)
    BWAHAHAHA!!!!!!
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    I have always liked guys who are over 6 foot and slender/athletic. mmm 6ft 3 and 190 or less is ideal! lol

Well hello there .... umm you meant someone in the right age range also :tongue:

I usually like folks who are attracted to me and roughly in the same workout level as me. but the type of person I like has not changed due to my workout/fitness level.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I can't commit myself to only liking certain types, and it has never changed with weight gain or loss. Nothing wrong with a fit woman with nice tone legs, but on the other hand, a bigger butt is also a favorite. Too many types to choose from, but I have my favorites. But what really turns me on is a woman's personality (sounds lame, right) Sure, if I am being a pig, I'll bang some good looking chick with a carboard personality. But 100% of the time, I'm more turned on by an above average woman who is smart and knows how to flirt than a arrogant snob. And I find the sex is better with personality chemistry rather then the purely physical.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I was always more attracted to peoples' lifestyle choices, rather than their outer appearances. They dont have to be thin or in amazing shape, but they should like to go outdoors and share a cleaner lifestyle, and be able to keep up with me. My SO doesn't run or workout with me, but we go outside and share hiking and horseback riding interests, and that's definitely a must.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I am trying to become thinner, since I am already a healthy weight (I just want to get a bit smaller because my thighs/arms are very large, have some stomach still >_<)...but I am attracted to thin guys. The guy in my pic below is an exception to what I usually like.

So for me, I think its true.
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I've always been more attracted to a man that makes me laugh than a man that makes me wet.

Bahahaha!
  • Amysgetnfit
    Options
    I've always been more attracted to a man that makes me laugh than a man that makes me wet. BUT, my boyfriend is quite good looking and reasonbly fit (more fit and good looking than my ex, or most any guys I dated before), and since spending more time taking care of ME, I am more attracted to people (in general) that are fit. I mean, I definitely have a thing for muscular guys now, regardless of what their personality is like (not that it matters, really, because the boyfriend is the total package)... But I still look!!

And same goes for friends - I like spending time with people that share the same interest in taking care of themselves and being active. Didn't always care, but now I do.
    I want someone who makes me laugh & wet!
    What's wrong with that? (Oh &I don't mean pee myself!)

I think like minded people are drawn together.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    It's understandable to be attracted to a certain type of person but not to forget where YOU once were. Do you not remember how you felt when you were at your worst and the feeling of insecurity from how people looked at you? I'm not saying to force yourself onto someone you aren't attracted to but I'm starting to see this pattern or people who are now becomine superficial or shallow after losing a significant amount of weight. Then there are people on here who really don't need to lose weight but are extremely insecure and shallow to begin with. ...
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    It's understandable to be attracted to a certain type of person but not to forget where YOU once were. Do you not remember how you felt when you were at your worst and the feeling of insecurity from how people looked at you? I'm not saying to force yourself onto someone you aren't attracted to but I'm starting to see this pattern or people who are now becomine superficial or shallow after losing a significant amount of weight. Then there are people on here who really don't need to lose weight but are extremely insecure and shallow to begin with. ...

Yup, it would be a shame to polish your outer beauty only to unleash the inner ugly.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    What is with this stereotype that fit and ripped guys are boring and jerks?? I've met plenty of obese boring jerks..... I've seen it multiple times on this site from the ladies and I don't get it. I never associate them being ripped with being an *kitten* hole, if they are an *kitten* they are going to be an *kitten* regardless of what their body looks like.... I think that's a bit unfair to the guys!!!

It's the same stereotype that fit women are b!tiches and superficial... I don't like it either. My exH was 5'7", 260+ .. he was not fit ... and he was a completely fu@king *kitten*. My boyfriend now, on the other hand, is quite fit, tall, and handsome, and also the most sweet and perfect man a girl could ask for.

Looks don't make the personality...

That being said, I think people who are proud of their fitness and don't BS about the hard work it takes get pegged as jerks. I will probably be a smug fit person, because I know how hard it was to get there, and I know anyone can do it. So, don't call me lucky or act like you can't do it, or I might be smug about my achievements. If that makes me a b!tch, I suppose that's the way it's gotta be.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Nah, I've always been judgmental, it wasn't just something that happened with weightloss ;-)

+1
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    That being said, I think people who are proud of their fitness and don't BS about the hard work it takes get pegged as jerks. I will probably be a smug fit person, because I know how hard it was to get there, and I know anyone can do it. So, don't call me lucky or act like you can't do it, or I might be smug about my achievements. If that makes me a b!tch, I suppose that's the way it's gotta be.

Very true. My brother and sister are both this way because when we were kids, they were always tall and slender and beautiful, and I was short and chubby. Now, the tables have turned. I'm in the best shape of my life, and they are both overweight. While I think they are both proud of me deep down, there is also a level of resentment in both of them.
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Rarely do I look at a guy and go "OMG HE'S SO HOT AMG AMG AMG DO ME NOW!!" That's just not me. I'm much more attracted to intelligence, humor, and personality. I don't have a "type" that I look for. I've dated guys significantly skinner than me, significantly larger than me, guys with some muscles, guys with bellies.

My current boyfriend is a bit smaller than me, but he's not into fitness. That's cool. He works 50-60 hours a week at a pretty physically demanding job. I've got P90X coming in the mail. If he wants to do that with me, fantastic. If not, that's fine too. I'm not going to dump him because he doesn't have a 6pack.

Despite what my body may become, I'm still that same quirky, chubby girl on the inside.
    Yup, it would be a shame to polish your outer beauty only to unleash the inner ugly.

So, so true.
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have a thing for James Gandolfini (Tony in Sopranos) and now my own bear, 6ft 2 and was kind of chunky with lovehandles and a little belly, is getting fit.

What will I do...........................? :P
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    i'm not all that hung up on appearance- i've liked some guys i found ugly at first glance, i just had to warm up to them and then i found them attractive as anything.
    physically, i'm drawn to guys with a certain body type- not thin and athletic, but a little pudgy/stocky. no idea why. i can't imagine this changing as i change physically, but who knows!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    What is with this stereotype that fit and ripped guys are boring and jerks?? I've met plenty of obese boring jerks..... I've seen it multiple times on this site from the ladies and I don't get it. I never associate them being ripped with being an *kitten* hole, if they are an *kitten* they are going to be an *kitten* regardless of what their body looks like.... I think that's a bit unfair to the guys!!!

I totally agree with this!!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Its natural for us to find leaner people more attractive than the overweight ones. I happened to have a boyfriend who is very good-looking but not that muscular at 5'8 & only has 65 kilos. Although I would appreciate it very much if he would start to build muscles but nevertheless I'm still very much in love of him no matter if he stays that way or become fit or overweight. I don't really believe in love at first sight.