"Do I eat my exercise calories?"

Options

Replies

• bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    My opinion is to NOT eat the exercise calories if you can help it. Your daily calorie level should be where if you didn't exercise, you would still slowly lose weight. The exercise calories are a bonus to the weight loss effort. Since you have to burn 3500 extra calories to lose one (that's right 1!) pound, I do my best to not consume by exercise calories. However, not always good at that and will sometimes eat some of them; but always aim to have calories left over if possible.

If you don't eat them....

SuicidalKitten.jpg

is it bad if I just switched my way of thinking all because of that?
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    My opinion is to NOT eat the exercise calories if you can help it. Your daily calorie level should be where if you didn't exercise, you would still slowly lose weight. The exercise calories are a bonus to the weight loss effort. Since you have to burn 3500 extra calories to lose one (that's right 1!) pound, I do my best to not consume by exercise calories. However, not always good at that and will sometimes eat some of them; but always aim to have calories left over if possible.

O.o you have fun with that.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    How about now?

STILL YES.

Thank you for that website, you genius. By the way, I doubt you've noticed, but I apologize for deleting you off of my friends list. You're a cool guy, and pretty funny, but dammit your fan club is ridiculous! lol

We are NOT ridiculous. Take that back!!!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    What if I ask in 6.5 hours, and then ask AGAIN in 4 days.. ?

Then you instantly reach your goal weight, but it has to be exactly 6.5 hours hours and at the exact same time in 4 days when you ask again.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    What if my exercise calories would make me eat more than 1200 calories?
    Absolutely not...everybody knows 1200 calories is the magic number!
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    i say no

well you are out voted

so there :tongue:
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    How about now?

STILL YES.

Thank you for that website, you genius. By the way, I doubt you've noticed, but I apologize for deleting you off of my friends list. You're a cool guy, and pretty funny, but dammit your fan club is ridiculous! lol

We are NOT ridiculous. Take that back!!!

Okay okay, sorry. I am a fan too. There were just certain people that were ridiculous and the comments were always clogging up my feed. I feel like a **** for deleting him because of his friends, but it really got irksome O.o
  • keola64
    keola64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    To give you an accurate answer it helps to see your diary,and also how accurate your calories burned are! If you burned less calories than you have added ( unknowingly ) because of accuracy being an issue with exercise,you can intact be cheating your diet in a weight loss plan. That being said if you are lean and trying to gain muscle and not worry about losing fat than yes eat them for sure and see where it takes you,but if weight loss is the goal than you want to be care full as to what you eat mixed with the type of exercise you do,if you are on a very low calorie diet ,supplement your diet with something like WHEY ISOLATE PROTEIN SHAKE MIXES,keeping a high protein intake without the excess fats plus the benefits of amino acids to heal worked muscles will help burn fat without the side effect of losing muscle mass which is very common with low mal diets,intact eating the wrong type's of calories,and exercise can burn fat & muscle almost equally,in the end if your fat% far exceeded your lean muscle mass you may lose weight but have the wrong ratio of loss,you only want to burn fat! Not lose muscle!,keep this all in mind as I speak from success within my own diet and am at the point of maintenance & building strength,good luck ,hope I helped a little and ALOHA to you - Keola......my profile is open you can see I was 263 pounds hit my goal within 7 months
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Options

f6e6a_funny-pictures-this-pig-is-wearing-boots-your-argument-is-invalid.jpg
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    To give you an accurate answer it helps to see your diary,and also how accurate your calories burned are! If you burned less calories than you have added ( unknowingly ) because of accuracy being an issue with exercise,you can intact be cheating your diet in a weight loss plan. That being said if you are lean and trying to gain muscle and not worry about losing fat than yes eat them for sure and see where it takes you,but if weight loss is the goal than you want to be care full as to what you eat mixed with the type of exercise you do,if you are on a very low calorie diet ,supplement your diet with something like WHEY ISOLATE PROTEIN SHAKE MIXES,keeping a high protein intake without the excess fats plus the benefits of amino acids to heal worked muscles will help burn fat without the side effect of losing muscle mass which is very common with low mal diets,intact eating the wrong type's of calories,and exercise can burn fat & muscle almost equally,in the end if your fat% far exceeded your lean muscle mass you may lose weight but have the wrong ratio of loss,you only want to burn fat! Not lose muscle!,keep this all in mind as I speak from success within my own diet and am at the point of maintenance & building strength,good luck ,hope I helped a little and ALOHA to you - Keola......my profile is open you can see I was 263 pounds hit my goal within 7 months

Somebody only read the title. Thanks for the "advice" there buddy, even though it was clearly empty since you didn't read what I had to say lol
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options

lmao, ^^this. I love you.
  • cm2two
    cm2two Posts: 194
    Options

SuicidalKitten.jpg

OHMY****INGGOD....cant....breathe...pissed own pants....laughing too hard....
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    this might be why i wasn't losing weight over the summer. I was doing intense work outs, burning 500 calories a day and I didn't eat them back.
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Exercise cals no no no.....why the hell would i eat them back.....really
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options

SuicidalKitten.jpg

NNNNNNOOOOOOOO let the kitty live..............
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options

Disagree. You should be *netting* at least 1200 or you're going to p*ss off your body and defeat the purpose. If you eat 1200 calories and burn 1000, you're netting 200. Bad news bears, my friend.

Bottom line to all Exercise Calorie Non-Consumers: Do what you want, but don't come crying when you work your *kitten* off at the gym and don't drop a pound or inch in 3 months.
  • becca3211
    becca3211 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    NO.....THEY ARE EXTRA CALORIES BURNED TO GET OFF WEIGHT. JUST EAT YOUR NORMAL CALORIES AND ANYTHING EXTRA SHOULD BE WEIGHT LOST...:wink:
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    NO.....THEY ARE EXTRA CALORIES BURNED TO GET OFF WEIGHT. JUST EAT YOUR NORMAL CALORIES AND ANYTHING EXTRA SHOULD BE WEIGHT LOST...:wink:

WHAT?
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Options

God, I hope the wink means you are being sarcastic

... why do I even bother
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options

Oh my gosh I love pigs. This is soo awesome!!!!!!!

& I think after like 69 days you can stop eating your exercise cals back. But just to be safe, make it 42.