Starting Insanity Monday, September 5th

Options
We were alternating workout programs every two weeks. This past week we started Turbo Fire and we haven't worked out as much as we should. My boyfriend is just not feeling it. He doesn't like doing the girlie workout program. I guess I can see it but still a little frustrated because I've sucked it up thru the other programs, including Supreme 90 Day, which I do not like. Anyway. So I've been working out by myself lately, which is fine, doesn't bother me since I like working out. But because of the lack of commitment we've had lately I decided I wanted to complete one of the workout programs straight thru. If Josh didn't want to join me, I would do Turbo Fire. But we discussed it and he wants to complete a round of one of the programs with me so we decided on Insanity. I can't wait! Next week will be my last week of C25K which is part of the reason why we are waiting until next week to start. The first couple of weeks of Insanity just kills our legs. And I don't want to workout my legs so much that it's hard to get out of bed and/or walk.

Anyone else interested in starting Insanity Monday???

Replies

• lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Insanity since January!! Love it!! I mix it up with spinning and weights, but usually do it 3x a week!! It is awesome!! Good luck and DIG DEEPER!!!
  • lolomichelle13
    lolomichelle13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am definitely interested! My boyfriend just got it and I am looking forward to trying it out. Hopefully the pain doesn't scare me away too quickly!
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Good Luck to you! I just fininshed it up about a month ago!

You will get killer results, trust me!

DIG DEEP!
  • lolomichelle13
    lolomichelle13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options

DIG DEEP!

What kept you motivated to stick with it? From what I hear it is really intense, and I feel like if it's just me doing it I'll have an easy time giving up. Also... I play softball on Thursday nights... would you recommend only doing Insanity between Friday and Monday so I am not in pain on game days?
  • LittleD311
    Options

DIG DEEP!

What kept you motivated to stick with it? From what I hear it is really intense, and I feel like if it's just me doing it I'll have an easy time giving up. Also... I play softball on Thursday nights... would you recommend only doing Insanity between Friday and Monday so I am not in pain on game days?

I finished my first round of P90X in May, and then instantanly ordered insanity thinking it would be easy since i did complete p90x, and then after my first workout, i was like OMG, i am still not in shape! I just kept pushing play, and it eventually got easier, but, you have to keep in mind, that everyone that is in the videos, are all pretty fit, and make it look easy, and that sorta makes you want to keep up with them, but then you gotta do what you gotta do! I have very weak knees, so i had to really modify all the power jumping, and high impact knee movements! I really, just kept myself motivated by keeping goals, talking to other people, and really, just wanted to prove to myself that i can do this. I wouldnt suggest insanity for beginners, but, you do follow a schedule with insanity, so if you wanna try to incoporate it with your softball, that would be a good idea. I lost 4lbs, but a total of 16.4 inches throughout my entire body!
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    LittleD,

We finished our first round of P90X in March and then started to do our first round of Insanity in May. We thought the exact same thing!!! That is would be easy, we got this. Nope, apparently we didn't know what being in shape means. And we let life get in the way and didn't finish. :0( But this time, no excuses!!!

Congratulations for sticking with it and for digging deep!!! 16.4 inches that's Awesome!!! What are you going to do now? Another round of P90X or Insanity or a hybrid or something else?
  • LittleD311
    Options
    LittleD,

We finished our first round of P90X in March and then started to do our first round of Insanity in May. We thought the exact same thing!!! That is would be easy, we got this. Nope, apparently we didn't know what being in shape means. And we let life get in the way and didn't finish. :0( But this time, no excuses!!!

Congratulations for sticking with it and for digging deep!!! 16.4 inches that's Awesome!!! What are you going to do now? Another round of P90X or Insanity or a hybrid or something else?

I actually started doin a p90x/insanity hybrid like 4 days after i completed insanity, and i just wasnt sticking to it, so i stopped, and restarted again, and then things got really crazy, so i stopped, so i just restarted doing p90x this monday, so today is day 3 of my 2nd round. I figure since p90x2 is coming out, i'll get prepared! I will be doing insanity again, but it is very hard, and i just would dread doing the workouts! LOL Good Luck to you!
  • mcg6242
    mcg6242 Posts: 84
    Options
    On week 3 of insanity and love it!
  • Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm also starting insanity on monday...i'd love to talk to someone who is doing it at the same time.
  • LittleD311
    Options
    Good luck for all of you doing Insanity! Dig Deeper and you'll get amazing results!!!!!! =D
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    Everyone ready to start Insanity on Monday??? I am!!!

Even if you have already started Insanity recently or will be starting really soon, feel free to post on this thread. It is not a closed group, just people looking to give and receive motivation from others.
  • cheri03
    cheri03 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I love it! Next week is my last week!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm starting monday too.

Been trying to find an Insanity support thread and seem to have found 2 now, although the other one has already started.

Are you going to post your stats before you start and post your fit test results on here?
  • elksy
    elksy Posts: 45
    Options
    I did the fitness test yesterday! Is it okay if I post here even if I'm a couple days ahead?

Also, I'm kind of worried about doing this in an apartment. I know my downstairs neighbour and he teases me about my exercise being loud... I hope it's just teasing and he's not actually annoyed.
  • BCxBonnie
    Options
    Awesome!! Working out together using online communities is awesome!! Good luck to everyone!! For those of you who can't afford a workout program BCx Boot Camp is a free online program - http://www.fitstudio.com/programs/bcx :) I hope that helps! Insanity, P90x & RushFit are all great programs too! The key is just making it happen and holding each other accountable here!

Good luck everyone!! :wink:
  • BCxBonnie
    Options
    If you are ready to try something new, we have a gang doing BCx Boot Camp online at FitStudio.com - it's totally free & intense :)http://www.fitstudio.com/programs/bcx

DIG DEEP!
  • Tampa45
    Options
    Hi - I'm also starting tomorrow.This is my first time trying out an online community and I'm hoping it will help keep me accountable and motivated. I started Insanity a few months ago and only lasted about 2 weeks before letting life get in the way. Determined to complete the whole program this time!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I did the fitness test yesterday! Is it okay if I post here even if I'm a couple days ahead?

Also, I'm kind of worried about doing this in an apartment. I know my downstairs neighbour and he teases me about my exercise being loud... I hope it's just teasing and he's not actually annoyed.

How have you found it so far? How did you get on with the fit test?

Lol at your neighbour, I'm sure he understands...as long as you're not working out at 3am!!
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options

Of course it's okay!
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    It's Monday!!! Let the Insanity begin!!!