Starting Insanity Monday, September 5th

Options

Replies

• Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    3 days of insanity done...was looking for to cardio recovery but after reading everyones posts about it, it doesnt seem like a recovery at all! everyone is doing great keep up the good work and DIG DEEPER!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I thought Cardio Recovery was ok -ish, it did really burn my legs during the lunges especially, but not what I was expecting, was quite nice not to do cardio!!

Starkle09 and trac30, how did you find it?
  • trac30
    trac30 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I thought Cardio Recovery was ok -ish, it did really burn my legs during the lunges especially, but not what I was expecting, was quite nice not to do cardio!!

It wasn't bad! I guess all the previous posts prepared me. I only had to take a few non-scheduled breaks. I did a LOT of yelling and sweated a lot. but only burned about 230 calories.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options

It wasn't bad! I guess all the previous posts prepared me. I only had to take a few non-scheduled breaks. I did a LOT of yelling and sweated a lot. but only burned about 230 calories.

I was really disappointed with my burn a paltry 108 calories :grumble:

Pure cardio tonight was hard. I just can't keep up anywhere near the pace on some things, like the jump down do push ups, run, jump up and then repeat. They were up and down before I could even think about it lol!!
  • elksy
    elksy Posts: 45
    Options
    Heya!

I decided to take my rest a day early because Thursday is my busiest day, so I didn't have anything to report yesterday. Today I did Plyometric Cardio Circuit... ugh. I think it's the hardest one! The ins and outs at the end... ugh. I got through it, but I was moving a lot slower than the rest of them! How did you guys find it?

Also, are you guys using heart rate monitors to track your calories?
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Heya!

I decided to take my rest a day early because Thursday is my busiest day, so I didn't have anything to report yesterday. Today I did Plyometric Cardio Circuit... ugh. I think it's the hardest one! The ins and outs at the end... ugh. I got through it, but I was moving a lot slower than the rest of them! How did you guys find it?

I've got plyometric tomorrow, that was the first workout and yeah that last bit is hard, my legs were like jelly!

I'm using a hrm....was wondering actually Shaun keeps saying check your heart rate, so I do and it's above my zone, so not sure what he means..I just keep going anyway. Am above the zone for all of the cardio really.
  • trac30
    Options
    Heya!

I'm using the heart rate monitor.
  • trac30
    Options
    Who's still working out??? ME ME ME. How are you guys doing??
  • avoisinet
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Do you mind if I join you all too? Starting up again this week. I made it through 6 weeks of this in March and then had some family issues that have put me behind, but I'M BACK and so glad. I never felt better in my life than when I did this, so I am looking forward to this. Good luck to everyone and I can't wait to see our progress.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Do you mind if I join you all too? Starting up again this week. I made it through 6 weeks of this in March and then had some family issues that have put me behind, but I'M BACK and so glad. I never felt better in my life than when I did this, so I am looking forward to this. Good luck to everyone and I can't wait to see our progress.

Hello, welcome and good luck!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options

I am and doing good so far!!:bigsmile:

How about you?

Got Pure Cardio tonight, must remember there's no breaks and he's only talking to individuals not me, so I mustn't keep stopping lol!!
  • trac30
    Options

I am and doing good so far!!:bigsmile:

How about you?

Got Pure Cardio tonight, must remember there's no breaks and he's only talking to individuals not me, so I mustn't keep stopping lol!!

Good! Glad to see you're still with me! Pure Cardio last night left me exhausted! But I can tell its getting easier (a little) as the days go by.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    I took a fall tonight after Shaun was shouting at me to go faster with the suicide drills so I did and ended up on the floor, oops :blushing:

Silly me:laugh:
  • trac30
    Options
    I took a fall tonight after Shaun was shouting at me to go faster with the suicide drills so I did and ended up on the floor, oops :blushing:

Silly me:laugh:

Uh oh!!! I hope you're ok. (I skip those drills heehee)
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    Within the first week of this challenge my bf and I decided to signup for the Tough Mudder (www.toughmudder.com) and we only have about 2 months to train for it. Doing only Insanity wouldn't be beneficial to us, we need strength training as well so we are doing an Insanity/P90X hybrid. I am still suffering with y'll but only 1/2 of the time. Last night was Cardio Power and Resistance, all the water breaks are a blessing compared to Pure Cardio.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Hello?

Anyone here?

Have you all given up or just not posting? lol!!

Did my 2nd fit test tonight and I'm pleased with my results:

switch kicks 58/60
    power jacks 62/65
    power knees 84/102
    power jumps 34/41
    globe jumps 10/11
    suicide jumps 13/17
    push up jacks 26/41
    low plank oblique 54/67

I wonder if this will be the last post on here??!
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    I did my first Bridge to 10K run earlier today. I was really glad to see that, that didn't hurt my fit test results today.

Switch Kicks: 110/116
    Power Jacks: 43/50
    Power Knees: 73/80
    Power Jumps: 54/80
    Globe Jumps: 11/11
    Suicide Jumps: 2020
    Push-up Jacks: 20/24
    Low Plank Oblique: 50/60
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    Hello?

Anyone here?

switch kicks 58/60
    power jacks 62/65
    power knees 84/102
    power jumps 34/41
    globe jumps 10/11
    suicide jumps 13/17
    push up jacks 26/41
    low plank oblique 54/67

Great results!!! Way to improve, especially the push up jacks!!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    I did my first Bridge to 10K run earlier today. I was really glad to see that, that didn't hurt my fit test results today.

Switch Kicks: 110/116
    Power Jacks: 43/50
    Power Knees: 73/80
    Power Jumps: 54/80
    Globe Jumps: 11/11
    Suicide Jumps: 2020
    Push-up Jacks: 20/24
    Low Plank Oblique: 50/60

Yay what a difference, well done you!!

I really, really, really hate suicide jumps, bleurgghh!!
  • trac30
    Options
    Hello?

Anyone here?

switch kicks 58/60
    power jacks 62/65
    power knees 84/102
    power jumps 34/41
    globe jumps 10/11
    suicide jumps 13/17
    push up jacks 26/41
    low plank oblique 54/67

I'm still here!! I did my fit test last night but my results are at home so i can't post them now. My least favorite are the switch kicks! UGHHHHH