"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

Krav Maga class tonight.

Strength: barbell Jefferson deadlift 4x8; barbell hip thrust 3x12 5 second ISO hold every 3rd rep; 4 sets of 20 double kettlebell swings immediately followed by 10 kettlebell plank rows; TRX push-ups 3 x 7.

Assessment: 2 eggs, potato & veg for dinner. Didn't have time to make anything else before Krav. Supplemented with protein powder after my Krav class to meet my daily macro goals.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

Been slacking Monday and Tuesday. Back to it today.

Strength training:

Bench Press: 3x5x77.5lb (new weight)
    OHP: 3x5x52.5lb
    Pendlay Row: 3x5x77.5lb (new weight)

Food: Been eating too many things that bother my stomach past few days. Feeling it. Also up a few pounds. Got to get myself under control.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Thursday! 4 clients this morning and then 3 tonight. Get my TB read today and then I have to finish the employment package to get the position of yard duty for my DD's school.

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: back- pullups, bent over rows, seated cable rows, pullovers. 12,10,8,6 x 4 sets

Assessment: Brats yesterday for lunch and dinner.
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    My workouts have been super boring since the dogs came back. All running all hiking all day every day. Yesterday I finally got some climbing and boxing in too!
    1) 60 minute beach run
    2) 1 hr hike (1/2 carrying sand bag uphill on my shoulder)
    3) 1 hr light hiking no weight
    4) 30 minutes sparring and shadow boxing... Beating up the boys
    5) 60 minute boxing conditioning. He threw in everything... TRX bands, tons of squat and push-up variations, challenging
    6) 30 minute bouldering session

I might have overdone it. My arms feel torn up today. I'd like to get some strength back for rock climbing because I'm planning a trip to Joshua Tree next month. Oh, and kayaking trip next week.

So much work to do.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    So it looks like my little injury isn't hamstring but gluteous maximus.....LOL, a much better place to pull something IMO. It feels pretty good after icing it for two days and I did a light strength/core/arm workout and swam this morning. I'll probably repeat that for the next week or so but I really think it'll be fine after that. When I start back up with squats, deads and leg press I'll start light to see how it feels before going up again. I think I got lucky this time though....... B)

Today: 20 min core warmup including uneven pushups, bridges, forearm planks, extended planks, side planks, reverse planks, hip flexion, gluteal stretch, incline crunch twists, decline situps and crunch machine. 40 min strength training including Bench Press <2X8 w/65 lbs, 5X5 w/85 lbs>, 3X10 incline single arm chest press w/22.5 lbs, 3X 8 single arm bench bent over row w/42.5 lbs, 3X 8 overhead tricep extension w/17.5/17.5 lbs, 3X 8 single arm bicep curls w/17.5 lbs and 3X 10 inner thigh w/110. 35 min swim.

Food: Around 1700 today since my workout seemed fairly strenuous. I lost another pound so I'm so close to maintenance that I probably need to start upping but think I'll wait until I'm sure the injury is well healed and I can get back to my normal routine.

It's almost Friday........stay strong everyone!!!!
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Same old beach run hiking. Skipping gym to go to dinner tonight. Crab shack... So crab obviously. Been so sloppy with food since my backpacking trip. Over every day so basically ataintensnce. One day turned into 2... Then a week...Need to get back in my groove.
  • ltworide
    Options
    Friday tomorrow yeah bring on the weekend.

Cardio: did a step class today for the heck of it. Burned 350 calories. Treadmill walk @4. Mph for 2 miles.

Strength: 20 mins AMRAP (completed 9 rounds Yahoo) of:

3 barbell front squats @ 75 lbs. (Side note: duh stupid me read my journal wrong I mixed up my 1RM goal of 75% as 75 lbs... bottom line missed the mark on the weight I should have squatted. I should have racked the bar at 95 lbs.)
    6 parallel grip pull-ups
    12 hand release push-ups

Due to my hair brained moment I decided to add in one additional pyramid set of barbell front squats... Did 1x10 @ 85 lbs; 1 x 8 @ 95 lbs; 1 x 6 @ 100 lbs; 1 x 4 @ 105 lbs; 1 x 2 @ 110 lbs. NEW PR @ 110 lbs...

Takeaway learned sometimes you can take your mistakes and turn them around into opportunities. I left the gym pumped tonight, bring it on!
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Thursday, all!

Cardio: 6 mile run, 1:06, mix of easy and moderate pace.

Food: I think okay, but ate out for dinner and didn't bother trying to figure that out.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options

Yesterday I took the day off and logged about 189 calories from walking

Today, I have hand surgery and will be out off workout commission for a while

Food: I changed my activity level which reduced the calories I'll be consuming.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Yesterday I took the day off and logged about 189 calories from walking

Food: I changed my activity level which reduced the calories I'll be consuming.
    Hopefully all goes well Jacqueline (love that name and was second choice for my DD's name).

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! 4 clients this morning. Been a good week overall. Looking forward to just kicking back today after work this morning.

Strength: biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Carl's Jr. last night.
  • luluinca
    Options
    @ Jacqueline............good luck with the surgery and hope you have a speedy recovery!

I had a good morning at the gym. Since my muscle is still a little tender I decided to go back to circuit training, which is where I began a little over 2 years ago. It's easy to find enough things to do that don't hurt and I got a great workout in. The only thing that hurt a little was the Good Mornings but I lowered the weight I normally do and they felt okay after that.

Today: 60 min circuit training including, 3 sets each of 15pushups, 20 wall squats w/physio ball, 10 renegade rows w/20 lbs, 3 min stair intervals, 2 min elevated leg plank, 15 decline situps w/10 lb plate, 10 lat raises w/10/10 lbs, 20 bridges, 60 sec reverse plank, 60 step single arm overhead KB walk w/25 lbs, 15 reps crunch machine @100 and 10 good mornings w/20/20lb dumbbells. 40 min swim including underwater lunges and squats.

Eating out tonight but probably having a turkey burger with half the bun so it shouldn't be too bad!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!
  • ltworide
    Options

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Happy Friday!

Cardio: led a tabata class. Burned 340 calories.

Krav Maga class tonight.

Assessment: calories on track steak & salmon for dinner tonight.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! No clients this morning, so just workout for me today and then tomorrow I go to my mom and dad's house to celebrate his 83rd birthday.

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Ribs last night.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Hope you're all having a great weekend!!!! I got the dog out for a 3.5 mile walk yesterday.....no running though until my muscle is healed.............which is getting there very quickly.

Today: 40 min circuit training including 3 sets each of 15 pushups, 2 min elevated leg plank, 1 min extended arm plank, 20 physio ball wall squats, 20 physio ball crunches w/25 lb plate, 15 decline situps w/10 lb plate and 3 min stair master intervals. 40 min weight lifting including 3X10 shrugs w/95 lbs, 3X10 upright rows w/45 lbs, 3X8 overhead cable tricep extensions and pull downs w/40, 3X 8 seated row w/85, 3X10 each leg glute master w/40, 2X10 lat arm raise w/10/10 lbs and 3X 10 inner thigh w/110. 10 min bike resistance 11/14 mph.

Had dinner out both Friday and Saturday but back to normal today. The scale didn't reflect any changes so I must have kept it pretty close to maintenance at least.

Wishing it was a 3 day weekend!!!!
  • ltworide
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Monday tomorrow, back to work :/

Saturday: managed about 18k steps. Food: went out for dinner, enjoyed pickerel for dinner! Yummy. About 500 cAlories over, no worries on this.

Today: did some shopping & yard raking. Nice day to be outside, 10 C with sun! Calories on track, hubby bought Popeyes chicken for dinner, honestly the deep fried chicken does nothing for me. I had leftover salmon instead
  • luluinca
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Monday tomorrow, back to work :/

I know right???

• luluinca
    Options
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Sunday, all!

I've been slacking. PMS hit me hard this month.

Cardio: 10 mile run, mixed pace. 1 hour, 55 minutes. Got my next half-marathon in a week!

Food: on target.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! 4 clients this morning then 4 tonight. My dad's b day yesterday, so hung out with family over the weekend.

Cardio: run/jog 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: quads- leg press, squat, leg extension 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Buffet for lunch and a hamburger for dinner.