"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,464 Member
    Options
    Weights: Upper Hypertrophy

Incline Bench Press 3x10
    DB Bench Press 3x10
    BB Row 4x10
    Pulldown 3x10 (1 set each hands over, under, neutral-grip)
    Face Pull 3x10
    Cable Lateral Raise 3x10
    Preacher Curl 3x10 (3-second negatives)
    Cable Pushdown 3x10 (5-second negatives)
    Perloff Press 3x15sec

Analysis: I'm debating swapping the incline bench press for incline DB press, something about the incline bench hasn't felt right on my shoulder the last couple sessions, not sure if it's the bar or the angle being steeper than I'd prefer.

Food: Dinner was a burger burn with DQ blizzards for dessert to celebrate my daughter getting hired for her first job after graduation
  • justgirl81
    justgirl81 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Hard core! lol

lol. Why play around, right? #GetItDone :D
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Wednesday
    Workout: 8 mile crosstrainer
    Weigh In: 109.0lbs (ugh)
    Nutrition: Coconut oil 3tsp plus one fishoil. Turkey Rhubarb was a NO.

Goals:
    1. Reach 104.0 lbs by 3/1/24
    2. Punch in 30 minutes early every day (be an Outstanding employee).
    3. Read entire Bible in order (Old and New Testaments). min 1 chapter/day. (Today Matt 19)
    4. Transition to 100% paleo: veggies, protein, fats
  • justgirl81
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Weights: Upper Hypertrophy

Analysis: I'm debating swapping the incline bench press for incline DB press, something about the incline bench hasn't felt right on my shoulder the last couple sessions, not sure if it's the bar or the angle being steeper than I'd prefer.

Food: Dinner was a burger burn with DQ blizzards for dessert to celebrate my daughter getting hired for her first job after graduation

The older I get, the more I avoid injury. Good for you for being mindful.
    Congrats on your daughter's job! Good parenting paid off. :smile:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. I've been having anxiety pretty much the whole week over the 9ers. Everyday at work I'm doing my best to defend the 9ers against naysayers and how Mahomes is going to carve us up.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- rope pressdowns, overhead tricep extensions, dips, lying tricep extensions 4x15

Assessment Popeye's chicken sandwich for dinner.

• nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Lower Hypertrophy

Squats 4x15
    BB Step-Ups 3x12
    Leg Extension 3x12
    Lying Leg Curl 3x12
    Calves Extend 4x15 <superset> Cable Crunch 4x10

Analysis: Last week's light-squat day was just what the doctor ordered, as today I felt like a beast and got after it all day long. But even that felt like it paled in comparison to a dude I met at the gym, knocking out a 50-rep set of cable crunches at age 75!!!

Food: Dinner was Hamburger Helper stroganoff. Tonight will be homemade ribs with mashed potatoes.
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Thursday
    Workout: 5 mile walk
    Weigh In: no weigh in
    Nutrition: last day of coconut oil. it seems to be making me super bloated and backed up (sorry tmi) so I'm calling it quits. I think it's just not for me at this time.

Friday
    Workout: 8 mile run
    Weigh In: 106.8 lbs
    Nutrition: six fishoil. Digestion and bloating seem much better. knock on wood.

Goals:
    3. Read entire Bible in order (Old and New Testaments). min 1 chapter/day. (Today Matt 20)
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Just clean the house and do laundry today. My anxiety is still here, but hopefully the 9ers win tommorrow and I'll be normal again. :D

Cardio: Walk/jog- 260 calories

Strength: quads- linear leg press, Smith machine squats, bulgarian squats, leg extensions 4x15

Assessment: Panera Napa Almond chicken sandwich for dinner.

• justgirl81
    Options
    Saturday
    Workout: 10 mile run
    Weigh In: 107.8 lbs
    Nutrition: six fishoil. 1tsp coconut oil (last time; lesson learned. causes bloating)

Goals:
    3. Read entire Bible in order (Old and New Testaments). min 1 chapter/day. (Today Matt 21)
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Full schedule. Laundry to finish this weekend. Well today is the day!!! Superbowl Sunday and as soon I'm done, I'm picking up a pizza and then just going to watch the 9ers hopefully win their 6th ring!!!! 49er Faithful forever!!!!

Strength: hamstrings- seated leg curls, lying leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x15

Assessment: Panda Express for dinner last night.

• justgirl81
    Options
    day
    Weigh In: 107.2 lbs
    Nutrition: six fishoil. increased greek yogurt for probiotics.

Goals:
    3. Read entire Bible in order (Old and New Testaments). min 1 chapter/day. (Today Matt 22)
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Well not so happy anyway since the 9ers ended up losing the Superbowl and I direly wanted this one so bad. Now I have to hear all the BS at the gym for at least a week of how we blew it and couldn't beat the Chiefs. While it was a good game, I wish the outcome would have been different. Now I switch to the Warriors and see if I can get any solace for them.

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, rope face pulls, rear lateral raises, side lateral raises, single arm cable side laterals, shrugs with dumbbells 4x15

Assessment: Pizza for dinner. I'll have it for lunch tomorrow today too.

• nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Upper Power

Bench Press 5x5
    Cable Row 5x5
    Machine Decline Press 5x5
    Machine High Row 5x5
    Seated BB OHP 5x5
    Cable Woodchoppers 3x10 (High, Cross, Low)

Food: Last night was traditional Super Bowl fare of pizza and chicken wings

NFL: I didn't have a vested interest in either team during the Super Bowl (though would rather my division rival Chiefs NOT win), so I just tuned in hoping for an even contest with some good commercials. Very satisfied on both counts. Sorry, @ninerbuff about your boys. Reportedly, a coworker who is normally very boisterous about his team (49ers) was quite subdued during the graveyard shift last night. Really looking forward to next choir practice when one of the guys there (Chiefs fan) starts to crow, as did my pastor at the end of his sermon yesterday.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule and class today. I took a tongue thrashing yesterday from anti 9er fans, but all admitted it was so close that either team could have won and one of the best SB's ever to watch.

Cardio: Walking/jog- 260 calories

Strength: chest- Hammer incline bench, machine flat bench, dips, cable crossovers 4x15

Assessment: Steak and asparagus for dinner last night.
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Monday
    Weigh In: 108.4 lbs
    Nutrition: six fishoil. lots of Himalayan pink sea salt.

Goals:
    3. Read entire Bible in order (Old and New Testaments). min 1 chapter/day. (Today Matt 23)

Disappointed in weight gain.
  • justgirl81
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Well not so happy anyway since the 9ers ended up losing the Superbowl and I direly wanted this one so bad. Now I have to hear all the BS at the gym for at least a week of how we blew it and couldn't beat the Chiefs. While it was a good game, I wish the outcome would have been different. Now I switch to the Warriors and see if I can get any solace for them.

I'll cheer on the warriors with you bro! Love watching Curry crush LeBron.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Workout: No workout today. Right before I hit the 8-hr mark of day staff, one of the guys working shift fell violently ill, so I sent him home and took the rest of his shift (another 6 hours). Factoring in commute, and I didn't get home (or eat dinner) until almost midnight. Figured it would be best to not try hitting the gym after 4 hours sleep for a heavy-legs day.

Food: McDonald's drive-thru.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and long day. Rain today so I'll just chill inside on time off.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, preacher curls, cable curls 4x15

Assessment: Chicken adobo for dinner.

• nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Had to get my security access badge renewed, which involved a lot of walking from one building to another to a third and then a fourth, the last two for all of two seconds so somebody could update a single note on a computer file, because OF COURSE all these things couldn't be done in a single transaction.

Food: Homemade fried chicken with noodles last night. Normally we have sweet potato casserole, I tried something different, and my daughter told me in no uncertain terms how we would go back to our usual the next time we had this meal, OR ELSE.
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Tuesday
    Workout: 7 mile crosstrainer
    Weigh In: 108.6 lbs
    Nutrition: six fishoil. cutting out iron supplement to see if that helps.

Goals:
    3. Read entire Bible in order (Old and New Testaments). min 1 chapter/day. (Today Matt 24)