"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options
    Hey gang!

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Thursday! Just chilling after a 3 hour bus ride back to Cebu city.

Cardio: Walk/jog- 260 calories

Strength: back- pullups 4x15

Assessment: Pork barbecue and rice for dinner.

• NVR2OLD1961
    NVR2OLD1961 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    1/25/24 2:30AM WORKOUT

CARDIO:
    Stationary bike 5mi 0:21:37

CORE:
    Figure 8 5 X 20

STRENGTH:
    Face Pull 4 X 20
    Seated Military Press 4 X 15
    Lateral Dumbbell Raise 4 X 20
    Arnold Press 4 X 12

GOALS:
    Stay under 1,500 calories/day
    1/24/24 = 1,207

Lose 15 pounds - down 4

2024 workout 256 days = 70%
    January - 20 completed

NOTES:
    Worked out 1 hr earlier to adjust work schedule.
    Adjusted my workout goal to reflect entire year.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,871 Member
    Options
    Weights: Upper Hypertrophy

Incline Bench Press 3x10
    DB Bench Press 3x10
    BB Row 4x10
    Pulldown 3x10 (1 set each hands over, under, neutral-grip)
    Face Pull 3x10
    Cable Lateral Raise 3x10
    Preacher Curl 3x10 (3-second negatives)
    Cable Pushdown 3x10 (5-second negatives)
    Perloff Press 3x15sec

Food: Dinner was Little Caesar's pizza (forgot to thaw the pork for the planned meal)
  • justgirl81
    justgirl81 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Wednesday
    Workout: 8 mile crosstrainer
    Weigh In: 109.2 lbs :(
    Nutrition: My digestion has been horrible. (TMI warning: backed up terribly. I'm drinking tons. Lots of fiber. Magnesium citrate. Probiotic. I don't understand it.)

Goals:
    1. Reach 104.0lbs by 2/7/24
    2. Punch in 30 minutes early every day (be an Outstanding employee).
    3. Read entire Bible in order (Old and New Testaments). minimum 1 chapter daily (Today accomplished: Matt 10)
    4. Transition to 100% paleo: veggies, protein, fats
  • justgirl81
    Options
    NVR,
    I appreciate your compliment as well; I personally rely on the Bible and always want to understand God more accurately. I find daily study helps me stay grounded in this unstable world.
    I agree that empty carbs are definitely not helpful. I eliminated all processed sugar and flour years ago. I struggle with over-consumption of starchy vegetables; ridiculous but true. :(
  • justgirl81
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Glad to see BOTH of you still posting here! Keep it up! @ninerbuff had this thread going for years before I joined, several people have come and gone (both before and after I joined). Most of the time it's just the two of us posting (or just Niner on weekends, he's a beast lol). Be great if you kept up with us for the long haul!

I'm happy to be here Noff. :) I appreciate your warm welcome.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Lol, had to do a double-take when I saw you reply to "Noff" before I realized that was an attempt to make sense of my user ID. You can call me Noss if you like, that's what the military did.
  • ninerbuff
    edited January 25
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Last day here in Philippines.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- close grip pushups 4×15

Assessment Barbecue for dinner last night.

• NVR2OLD1961
    Options
    Safe travels back niner!!!

@ Noss, seems that pizza - pizza might be a common go to when we forget to prepare for the days meal. It happens here as well.

@justgirl81 WOW, you said it; unstable world for sure! I think being grounded in the Word is the highest priority a person can choose. Well done on purging the processes sugar and flour. I hope you’re able to find a good balance of starchy vegetables that will be best for you.
  • NVR2OLD1961
    Options
    1/26/24 4:00AM WORKOUT

CARDIO:
    Stationary bike 3mi 0:11:36

CORE:
    Cable Crunch 5 X 20

STRENGTH:
    Cable Straight Arm Pulldown 5 X 20
    Cable Crossover Ladder 9 X 12
    Tricep Extension 5 X 20

GOALS:
    1/25/24 = 1,322

Lose 15 pounds - down 4.4

January - 21 completed

NOTES:
  • nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Shoveling snow from driveway/sidewalk before I can even go to the gym - 30 minutes

Weights: Lower Hypertrophy

Squats 4x10, 11, 12, 15
    BB Step-Ups 3x12
    Leg Extension 3x12
    Lying Leg Curl 3x12
    Calves Extend 4x15
    Cable Crunch 4x10

Analysis: Finally increased squat weight enough to be a challenge again. Been doing 4x15 for months, even when increased weight, but today the first few sets were a surprise to the system. Set four proved I can do it, I just have to want to earn it.

Food: Dinner was homemade pizza (my daughter chose it as her Happy 16th Birthday meal...so pizza two nights in a row, plus leftovers today for lunch, plus leftovers for some work day next week...I'm about pizza'd out!)

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! I fly back today this morning. Then an 8 hour layover in Taipei. Ugh.

Strength: None

Assessment: Fried chicken for dinner.

• justgirl81
    Options
    Thursday
    Workout: 5 mile walk
    Weigh In: no weigh in
    Nutrition: bloated. too much magnesium

Friday
    Workout: 8 mile run
    Weigh In: 108.0 lbs
    Nutrition: Carb overload

Goals:
    1. Reach 104.0 lbs by 2/7/24
    3. Read entire Bible in order (Old and New Testaments). minimum 1 chapter daily (Today accomplished: Matt 11)

I need to make some drastic changes. I've been wallowing in depression and letting people down right and left. To make matters worse, I've been coping with the depression by smoking. I am ready to stop breaking plans and start showing up depressed and uncomfortable because that's what its going to take to grow and get past this. I went through a very hard breakup and it's time to let go and live.
  • justgirl81
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Lol, had to do a double-take when I saw you reply to "Noff" before I realized that was an attempt to make sense of my user ID. You can call me Noss if you like, that's what the military did.

lol. Omg, oops. I apologize Noss.
  • NVR2OLD1961
    Options
    1/27/24 10:30AM WORKOUT

CARDIO:
    Treadmill 20:00

CORE:
    Not today

STRENGTH:
    Arms
    Shoulders
    Back

GOALS:
    1/26/24 = 1,322

Lose 15 pounds - down 4.4

January - 22 completed

NOTES:
    Worked out at Planet Fitness using various machines that I don’t have any n my home gym.
  • NVR2OLD1961
    Options
    justgirl81 so sorry to hear you’re struggling. I can’t say I understand depression but I know it’s a powerful thing to deal with. My father struggled with it around retirement age and was never able to get through it he basically just gave up on life. I hope you find your way through it.
    As far as relationships, I’ve found that as I went through the break ups I wasn’t able to see the obvious positive signs until later on. Each one I thought of as a failure were actually preparing me to be ready to build a life with my best friend and wife of 38yrs. Had it not been for the heartaches and lessons learned I could have never committed myself to her like I have. Keep the faith and continue to press on and allow the trials of this life to develop you into the woman you were destined to be. 2 Cor 12:9&10
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Saturday
    Weigh In: 107.2 lbs
    Nutrition: Increased coconut oil to 3tsp

Goals:
    2. Punch in 30 minutes early every day (be an Outstanding employee. I love Tony Robbins).
    3. Read entire Bible in order (Old and New Testaments). minimum 1 chapter daily (Today accomplished: Matt 12)
  • justgirl81
    Options
    NVR,
    I appreciate your kindness, encouragement, and wisdom so much. I trust in Jesus; I know He can help me come out of this a stronger person. <3
  • ninerbuff
    edited January 28
    Options
    justgirl81 wrote: »
    Thursday
    Workout: 5 mile walk
    Weigh In: no weigh in
    Nutrition: bloated. too much magnesium

Friday
    Weigh In: 108.0 lbs
    Nutrition: Carb overload

Goals:
    3. Read entire Bible in order (Old and New Testaments). minimum 1 chapter daily (Today accomplished: Matt 11)

I need to make some drastic changes. I've been wallowing in depression and letting people down right and left. To make matters worse, I've been coping with the depression by smoking. I am ready to stop breaking plans and start showing up depressed and uncomfortable because that's what its going to take to grow and get past this. I went through a very hard breakup and it's time to let go and live.
    While I do say this all the time, it's pretty harsh but it is reality and sometimes people just need to hear it to pick themselves up.
    I was married 25 years and we're still good friends, but it's hard moving on once you've been with someone that long even though your connection faded.
    Life goes on WITH or WITHOUT you. The majority of the world really doesn't care what your situation is. So YOU have to the the guide that continues to make your life the way you want. Time does help to heal wounds, create forgiveness for what you may have failed at and again the reality is no one out there sees your pain, but look for what it is that helps to bring a smile to their face. When you can help people to smile and bring out the best in them, it really is much easier to start feeling good about you.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! I'm back!!!! NFL Championship weekend!!! I can't wait to hit the weights in my gym again! Let's *kitten* go 9ers and make it to the Superbowl!!!!

Strength: hamstrings- seated leg curls, lying leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x15

Assessment: Chicken and rice on the plane.