"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options
1475476477478479481»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Hey gang!

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and long day.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, preacher curls, cable curls 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Panera for dinner.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,802 Member
    Options
    Due to some hip tightness, I'm only going to do a single leg day each week for a few weeks. Due to failing to set my alarm properly last night, I failed to wake up in time to hit the gym today. Will need to decide whether to do upper body Thursday like always with legs Friday, or legs tomorrow so I at least alternate.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Due to some hip tightness, I'm only going to do a single leg day each week for a few weeks. Due to failing to set my alarm properly last night, I failed to wake up in time to hit the gym today. Will need to decide whether to do upper body Thursday like always with legs Friday, or legs tomorrow so I at least alternate.
    It happens.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and class today. Ugh, so our owner changed our music system from Pandora to Spotify and disallowed us from controlling the playlist. So what we used to choose for music genre is no longer under our control. I'm gonna miss my 80's and 90;s funk and hip hop.

Cardio: Walk/jog- 260 calories

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, pullovers 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pizza for dinner and banana cream pie for dessert.

• nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Upper Body

Bench Press 3x10
    DB Bench Press 3x10
    BB Row 4x10 (2 sets pronated, 2 sets supinated)
    Pulldown 3x10 (1 set each hands over, under, neutral-grip)
    Face Pull 3x10
    DB Upright Row 3x10
    DB Shrugs 3x10
    Preacher Curl 3x10 (3-second negatives)
    Cable Pushdown 3x10 (5-second negatives)
    Perloff Press 3x15sec

Analysis: Ultimately went with the upper body today, since tomorrow I'll have the time to soak in the hot tub after. It's a mandatory part of recuperation, ask any real lifter over the age of 40. Turns out a good thing anyway, as my energy level slipped somewhat halfway through the workout, and I was doing 10% below max weights just to close it out. Better to do that with relatively lighter weights on upper body than the larger weights I use with lower body.

Life: My little girl (ok, she's 16 and a high school junior, so maybe not so little anymore) has been dealing with knee pain for several years now, impacting her ability to fully commit to her school sports teams. Various therapies and medications never solved the issue, so we finally got an MRI done. Her doctor saw some growths and extra fat deposits sitting behind the kneecap causing pressure, figured that was what was causing the pain, so today was arthroscopic surgery to remove all the junk and look around for anything else which may be to blame. Everything went perfectly, my daughter's been more bothered by the stiffness of the bandages than any residual pain from the procedure, but I'm the one troubled... Doc said she found signs of an old ACL partial tear which had mostly healed, if a bit off since it was natural not surgical. Her date estimates put it back to when my daughter was running track, and I do recall her complaining about knee pain then, but being a track veteran myself I never imagined an ACL tear from simply running, not even jumping or hurdling. Now I feel guilty that I didn't pursue this more strongly before when she was younger, perhaps saved her years of pain.

Food: Dinner tonight was sweet and sour pork with rice.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Weights: Upper Body

Bench Press 3x10
    DB Bench Press 3x10
    BB Row 4x10 (2 sets pronated, 2 sets supinated)
    Pulldown 3x10 (1 set each hands over, under, neutral-grip)
    Face Pull 3x10
    DB Upright Row 3x10
    DB Shrugs 3x10
    Preacher Curl 3x10 (3-second negatives)
    Cable Pushdown 3x10 (5-second negatives)
    Perloff Press 3x15sec

Analysis: Ultimately went with the upper body today, since tomorrow I'll have the time to soak in the hot tub after. It's a mandatory part of recuperation, ask any real lifter over the age of 40. Turns out a good thing anyway, as my energy level slipped somewhat halfway through the workout, and I was doing 10% below max weights just to close it out. Better to do that with relatively lighter weights on upper body than the larger weights I use with lower body.

Life: My little girl (ok, she's 16 and a high school junior, so maybe not so little anymore) has been dealing with knee pain for several years now, impacting her ability to fully commit to her school sports teams. Various therapies and medications never solved the issue, so we finally got an MRI done. Her doctor saw some growths and extra fat deposits sitting behind the kneecap causing pressure, figured that was what was causing the pain, so today was arthroscopic surgery to remove all the junk and look around for anything else which may be to blame. Everything went perfectly, my daughter's been more bothered by the stiffness of the bandages than any residual pain from the procedure, but I'm the one troubled... Doc said she found signs of an old ACL partial tear which had mostly healed, if a bit off since it was natural not surgical. Her date estimates put it back to when my daughter was running track, and I do recall her complaining about knee pain then, but being a track veteran myself I never imagined an ACL tear from simply running, not even jumping or hurdling. Now I feel guilty that I didn't pursue this more strongly before when she was younger, perhaps saved her years of pain.

Food: Dinner tonight was sweet and sour pork with rice.
    With it eventually subsiding, you likely just felt it was just injury from exercise and because they are so young, it's not unusual to just think she's fine now. Don't fret. At least the issue is resolved at this point. But I would try to get her on a strength training program to help ensure it doesn't happen again.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. I am looking forward to just finishing this week.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- rope pressdowns, overhead tricep extensions, dips, lying tricep extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment Popeye's chicken sandwich for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Lower Body

Squats 5x10
    Rack Pull 4x10
    Leg Press 4x10 <<superset>> Leg Press Calf Raise 4x15
    Cable Crunch 4x10, 15, 20, 25

Analysis: Hip felt great, still took it easy on the squats, but by the time I was at the rack pull it was all systems go. Maybe my hip just wants to stick to a single leg day per week, which I'll stick with for the month of July and see how things go.

Daughter: She has physical therapy scheduled with a "Post-ACL Tear" emphasis, which will hopefully help strengthen the joint back up to snuff. Not sure if she'd be interested in starting a regular lifting regimen with her old man coaching her, will have to ask.