Breastfeeding & cloth diapering mamas!

Options
rainunrefined
rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
I breastfeed my 15mo old and we also cloth diaper. I have always found wonderful friends among this community of women. Any cloth mamas out there?

Replies

• rachel1496
    Options
    We stopped breastfeeding a while ago but I have 2 in cloth (1 full time, 1 nights only). I love it, I'm sad I didn't go with cloth right from the start.
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I breastfed and cloth diapered all of my kids... but my youngests (twins) are 5.5 now. ;)

You can add me if you want!! :D
  • brittbergh
    brittbergh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Although both kids have weaned some months ago we still use cloth on my youngest since he isn;t totally potty using yet.
    Feel free to add me! I love like minded friends!
  • kerriknox
    kerriknox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    My kids are past that stage but I breastfed my first till he turned 2 and my second until I was forced to wean him at about 14 months. (I had some health issues and had no choice but to take some medication that I couldn't breastfeed on. Poor wee guy took it really hard going from 4 feed a day to none just overnight).

We tried cloth diapering with our oldest but he HATED them. We did it for a couple of months but as soon as summer hit I think they were too hot or something. We had to switch to disposables. I totally believe in the adverse effects of disposables though so we potty trained him ASAP. He was fully potty trained just after his 3rd b-day. Our youngest is just starting to get interested in the pot. He keeps pointing to the toilet and pulling at his diaper so I put him up there and he sits for a while, doing nothing then grabs some toilet paper wipes his penis and gets off. More times than not he then pees on the bathroom floor. lol But he is only 18 months so we've got lots of time.
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Whenever I get around to having kids, I'll be breastfeeding & cloth diapering. I'm looking forward to it!
  • rainunrefined
    Options
    Hi ladies! I have sent friend requests. One of my favorite cloth boards is on babycenter.com and they totally had to go and block me at work! I LOVED those ladies. Such a different breed of people if you ask me.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    What kind of cloth do you use? I never used then with my first but i want to in the future. I dont have any babies right now but when i do again i am going cloth and of course will be breast feeding again.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    That's us. DD is 3 and still nurses in the morning and at bedtime and still wears a cloth diaper at night.

I love cloth. I bought some pull-ups thinking they'd be easier for a recent trip. I hated those things. They leaked twice. Our prefolds never leak.
  • rainunrefined
    Options
    My kids are past that stage but I breastfed my first till he turned 2 and my second until I was forced to wean him at about 14 months. (I had some health issues and had no choice but to take some medication that I couldn't breastfeed on. Poor wee guy took it really hard going from 4 feed a day to none just overnight).

We tried cloth diapering with our oldest but he HATED them. We did it for a couple of months but as soon as summer hit I think they were too hot or something. We had to switch to disposables. I totally believe in the adverse effects of disposables though so we potty trained him ASAP. He was fully potty trained just after his 3rd b-day. Our youngest is just starting to get interested in the pot. He keeps pointing to the toilet and pulling at his diaper so I put him up there and he sits for a while, doing nothing then grabs some toilet paper wipes his penis and gets off. More times than not he then pees on the bathroom floor. lol But he is only 18 months so we've got lots of time.

lol, the peeing on the floor cracks me up. Sounds like my little one. DD is interested in the flushing part, but doesn't understand the toilet concept yet.
  • brittbergh
    brittbergh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Whenever I get around to having kids, I'll be breastfeeding & cloth diapering. I'm looking forward to it!

GOOD for you!!!! I didnt have this attitude when I was pregnant with my first. It was a bunch of online momma friends in a pregnancy due date group who changed my mind. I did a total 180 from what I thought I would do and what I ended up LOVING!

Our favorite cloth are flips! We had used BUmGenius pockets with our first but when #2 came along stuffing every single diaper after the wash was annoying to me and we had a surpluss of like 100 pockets. I found flips and sold all my pockets for those and we have used them since!
    I also love fitteds and a wool cover for overnights.
  • rainunrefined
    Options

I can talk cloth or breastfeeding until I'm blue in the face! msg me if you ever have any questions!
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Both my girls were breast fed and cloth diapered. They're 21 & 14, I made the decision to do that with my first because of money constraints, and with my second because it worked for the first. I applaud all mommy's who do what's best for their babies whatever that may be. Keep up the good work!
  • rainunrefined
    Options
    That's us. DD is 3 and still nurses in the morning and at bedtime and still wears a cloth diaper at night.

I love cloth. I bought some pull-ups thinking they'd be easier for a recent trip. I hated those things. They leaked twice. Our prefolds never leak.

Oldschool prefolds ROCK! My MIL keeps DD during the day and only uses unbleached PFs and Thirsties covers. AmAZing!
  • rainunrefined
    Options
    What kind of cloth do you use? I never used then with my first but i want to in the future. I dont have any babies right now but when i do again i am going cloth and of course will be breast feeding again.

Our main go-to diapers are Grovia All-in-2's - not the All-in-ones. We also use Fuzzibunz and prefolds with Thirsties covers as supplemental diapers. It's all about how they fit your baby. Bum Genius, Happy Heiny's, and Grovia All-in-one's just don't fit DDs little chicken legs!
  • rainunrefined
    Options
    Both my girls were breast fed and cloth diapered. They're 21 & 14, I made the decision to do that with my first because of money constraints, and with my second because it worked for the first. I applaud all mommy's who do what's best for their babies whatever that may be. Keep up the good work!

I agree!!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I did both with my daughter and would do it again if I had another (but I won't :wink:)

I found it incredibly satisfying... both the BFing and the ritual of diapering.

I miss the days of old fashioned wool soakers and colorful fleece ones! I did go the Mother-ease route, though. Best investment ever.
  • rainunrefined
    Options

GOOD for you!!!! I didnt have this attitude when I was pregnant with my first. It was a bunch of online momma friends in a pregnancy due date group who changed my mind. I did a total 180 from what I thought I would do and what I ended up LOVING!

Our favorite cloth are flips! We had used BUmGenius pockets with our first but when #2 came along stuffing every single diaper after the wash was annoying to me and we had a surpluss of like 100 pockets. I found flips and sold all my pockets for those and we have used them since!
    I also love fitteds and a wool cover for overnights.

I'm interested in wool, but haven't bit the bullet and ordered any. I HATE stuffing pockets too, we have abotu 10 BGs that we need to sell. I love the OS FBz though, so I can manage stuffing a few here and there. The resale on cloth is amazing! Great investment and chances are if they are maintained you can get up to 1/2 your original purchase price back if needed!
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options

Oldschool prefolds ROCK! My MIL keeps DD during the day and only uses unbleached PFs and Thirsties covers. AmAZing!

I use green mountain diapers' prefolds and thirsties are my favorite covers. I also have 3 BumGenius pocket diapers that I used when people other than DH or I changed her like at the church nursery.
  • rainunrefined
    Options
    I did both with my daughter and would do it again if I had another (but I won't :wink:)

I found it incredibly satisfying... both the BFing and the ritual of diapering.

I miss the days of old fashioned wool soakers and colorful fleece ones! I did go the Mother-ease route, though. Best investment ever.

satisfying is how I would sum it up too! I will miss the days of CDing and BFing when they are gone as well.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Don't know if you know but Babycenter.com has a HUGE BF/CD community. Might find a lot of support and info there. Don't get me wrong, pretty sure there are a lot of women here who do BF/CD but you might find more success there.