September Move Your @SS Challenge

Options
bluiz13
bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
here's the new thread for the September move your *kitten* challenge.....welcome to the newbies, welcome back to the oldies...

set your goal, make your ticker or add your goal and current miles moved into your signature and get moving starting tomorrow 9/1...please do not post any AUGUST miles here...dinos will update our AUGUST spreadsheet shortly.....only add September goals/miles here....welcome to all - new and old.....have a great month challenging yourself....

we have been moving our @sses with measurable distances since november as a group of people here on MFP....several have been doing it since the beginnning some come new in each month and some drop off after joining....the goal is to set a distance goal KM or Miles and track your distance for the month...you are challenging yourself, not competing against anyone else.....the miles can be on a treadmill, the stairmaster, the elliptical, the bike, rollerblades, walking, running, biking, hiking, swimming (if you can measure).....just set a goal and do the work...report to the thread often to keep dinos updated because he tracks our info on a spreadsheet so you can see how you are doing compared to the group but not to compete with them.....the idea is to set your goal and reach it before the end of the month...welcome and good luck if you decide to join us...

Replies

• lyknscribe
    Options
    I'm brand new to this and have not a clue about the trackers and stuff you just mentioned - I'm excited to find something like this since everything else has 200 posts and I'm conufsed lol, so walk me through it please?
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I can't believe it's September already!! Well, last month I bumped up my goal miles to 50. I ended up going to the gym far less than the previous month. So with my starting school again (tonight) I think I will set my gal @ 30 miles.
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join for September - think I'll just set a smaller goal of 30 miles for the month. I'll try for more of course! :smile:
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Since tomorrow is Sept. 1st, Can I still join today?

I will set my goal at 50 miles.
  • beckylou0813
    beckylou0813 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am just gettin started but would love to join this for sept. my goal is 60 sense i plan to walk a mile up and a mile back each day
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join if I can. I'll set my goal at 50 miles as well.
  • bregalad5
    Options
    How do we do the ticker for it? I can only find the weight loss one...
  • TracyMT
    TracyMT Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm in again and I'm upping my goal this month. I just joined a gym so between walking the dog and now the treadmill at the gym I hope to do 90 miles this month instead of 50. It is supposed to be a challenge, right?
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    I think I'm gonna jump back in this for September. We'll see how it works out! Let's go with 50 miles.
  • fit2sit
    fit2sit Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join. But I have bad knees, so I swim. Can I put the distance to reflect the time in the pool vs what you guys do on the road? Thanks!
  • bregalad5
    Options
    How do we do the ticker for it? I can only find the weight loss one...

figured it out
  • Quierstina
    Quierstina Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted to be apart of this challenge. Put me down for 65 miles for the month of September!
  • bregalad5
    Options
    I'd like to join. But I have bad knees, so I swim. Can I put the distance to reflect the time in the pool vs what you guys do on the road? Thanks!

figure out how many laps in the pool = one mile. I think it's 32 for my pool (I have bad knees as well, so my exercise is mostly walking/swimming). They should know there.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options

figure out how many laps in the pool = one mile. I think it's 32 for my pool (I have bad knees as well, so my exercise is mostly walking/swimming). They should know there.

One mile is 1760 yards - so if you swim in a pool w/ a 25 yrd length, then one mile = 70.4 laps
  • jvinmill
    jvinmill Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm in for round 2. Trying to beat last month. Good luck to the newbies and the oldies :)
  • bregalad5
    Options

One mile is 1760 yards - so if you swim in a pool w/ a 25 yrd length, then one mile = 70.4 laps

Yeah, when I was on swim team, down/back was a lap, rather than just one length, which our coach just called a length. Sorry for the semantic confusion :P
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I tore it up last month, but I think my husband may kill me if I have to ride every morning again this month. I was late to work every day. :happy: And I'm adding some running this month. I will have to sit down and think about my mileage for the month. Also have two long distance rides coming up. 50 miles on the 17th I think and 100 miles on Oct.1, which, thanks to last month's challenge I plan on rockin.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Back for another month of running, with a goal of 60 miles.
  • c00ncc
    c00ncc Posts: 55
    Options
    I plan on keeping myself motivated, this should be no problem for me if i work out like i should. 110 is my goal! :D
  • lisab64
    lisab64 Posts: 26
    Options
    Count me in.... I'll be walking my miles.