Work-Out Clothes

Options
Just a quick question for the ladies and of course men if you're willing to chime in :)

Does anyone actually "get ready" for the gym? Meaning ... do the hair, put make-up on, get the cute lil work-out outfits on?? I heard it motivates and helps you with a more productive work-out. I'm not sure. Thoughts??

Replies

• NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I would say I kind of do that. I bought some really nice Champian outfits at Target that are made of Duo Dry material-it wicks away the sweat. I have 5 or 6 matching outfits that make me feel better working out, i.e. I don't look like I rolled out of the laundry hamper! Other than that I just take off all my jewelry and put my hair in a ponytail! If I have makeup on already, it stays. I say, do what makes you feel best!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    No. I look really ugly at the gym.
  • Ann_Marie_76
    Ann_Marie_76 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Um...NO!! I throw my hair in a pony tail and depending on what I am doing for a workout, I usually just wear yoga capris and a t-shirt or running capris and a running t-shirt. As for make up, I actually wipe my face before a workout to get most of my make up off!!
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Yes and no. Makeup is already on from work. Hair goes up in a ponytail but I do like cute outfits. I used to wear really frumpy stuff when I first started and my trainer told me " you will feel better about yourself if you wear cute stuff when you come". Its true!!! I dont feel like a slob. I stick to stuff that matches and fits well.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I don't do my hair or makeup (short of thowing my hair in a pony tail), but my friends laugh at me because my workout outfits always match. I just can't stand going out for a run and not having things 'go' together. I generally match my pony holder too! :)
  • ukhennin
    ukhennin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I can understand wearing an outfit that matches but the hair and makeup thing is ridiculous. You should be working hard enough at the gym that it would screw up hair and makeup.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    ummm.....NOPE ! I do like cute workout cloths but i have to silently laugh
    at the people who show up ready for the clubs :noway:
    I can see me now sweat dripping mascara runnig :embarassed: lol
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    No. I look really ugly at the gym.

Me too lol
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I look ugly at the gym too. I'm not trying to impress anyone. I'm there for a reason and the reason is to get fit. I love it when someone says to me "you clean up nice". That lets me know the hard work is paying off and it makes me feel beautiful.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    That's stupid. You're just going to sweat all the make up off and mess up your hair anyways.

At least that SHOULD happen! Or you need to push it HARDER!!!!!
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Umm...well not really, I need to purchase some new "gym" clothes...but for the most part I just throw on some elastic shorts and a baggy tshirt, pull up my hair and head out...I am usually wearing make up, so unless it is EARLY in the morning, I will go with my make up on! :tongue: I figure I am not there to impress anyone, so who cares, LOL:laugh:
  • Angelamu77
    Options
    make-up---no way! If your working out you shouldn't look pretty after! Same for the hair, I pull it in a ponytail or up do.

But I do have 'cute' workout clothes because I decided I do feel better when I wear cute clothes when I workout.
  • EMc4452
    EMc4452 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I like to wear nice workout clothes that I feel comfortable in and that I think I look good in. I think good clothes for the gym are important, bc you dont want clothing distracting you from your workout. Big tshirts are hard to run in, and dont absorb sweat very well, which can be embarassing and/or uncomfortable. As far as makeup and hair...not way. I dont really get that....if you are working out like you should, you're going to look horrible by the end anyway!
  • hooma
    hooma Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I would not do your hair or makeup - you'll hopefully get really sweaty and it will get all messed up! But DO invest in some cute workout clothes if you can - I'm definitely not skipping a visit to the gym if I have new clothes I want to wear! And once you start going, it becomes habit!
  • anhaab
    anhaab Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I wear the cute outfits (I think I'm obsessed with buying workout clothes - love Champion stuff at Target or things from the Nike Outlet or even sporting goods store if on sale/clearance) but definitely do not look cute...I pull my hair in a ponytail and if I happen to have worn makeup that day then I take it off before I workout.
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Guilty as charged. I do not do my hair though, it's always in a hat. I have full makeup on though. I'm always afraid of who I'll run into. I wear compression tights or shorts to run in, with a tank usually.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Of course I don't wear make up nor have hair! But I see nothing wrong with females getting dressed up for the gym. I always make sure I am shaved, clothes are clean and neat etc before I go anywhere. Don't see why a gym should be any different!
  • LLaDonna
    LLaDonna Posts: 126
    Options
    I love the way cute workout clothes look...I'm just too cheap to purchase 'em. I workout in whatever is clean and dry.
  • NatalieWiley
    NatalieWiley Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Depends on how I feel. Sometimes I remove all my makeup and sometimes I go with full makeup. Sometimes I will take a shower before and sometimes I wont. Just depends what kind of mood I am in and what time of day.

I always have my LUCY pants on. I own one pair and wash them almost daily. I have owned them for 2 years and they are still like the day i bought them. I wear a sports bra, a tank top with a built in shelf bra and then just wahtever tshirt is clean. Sometimes i wear shirts to get attention. I have one shirt that says I hope they serve beer in hell, one that says this hoe works hard, and another that says Kiss my democratic *kitten*
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I'd rather see a woman sweating it out for an hour at the gym with no makeup and hairdo than see one all dolled up working out just 15 minutes because it took her too long to get ready and she doesn't have enough time for a longer workout....or is too worried about her look getting ruined to truly burn it up at the gym.

On the workout outfits though... Quality gear does make a difference for both men and gals. The best most comfortable thing to do is get some good shoes, shorts, and tops.