Work-Out Clothes

Options

Replies

• Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    My lounge is my gym, so Jillian M and co get to see me in my sports bra and whatever shorts I slept in! And no lippy either

I sweat so much make up would be a huge waste anyway..
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    That's stupid. You're just going to sweat all the make up off and mess up your hair anyways.

At least that SHOULD happen! Or you need to push it HARDER!!!!!

BINGO!!!

You are there to work out. Why go as if you are ready to go clubbing if all that effort is going to be wasted getting messed up from the work out? Why not put that effort into your work out instead?
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I always think I look cute going to the gym (I don't put on makeup unless it's already on), but within 5 minutes I catch a glimpse of myself and think I look hideous. Hair flying all over, face beet red.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Make up no

I put my hair in pigtails most the time (sideways fringe its much easier to manage in pigtails so doesnt get in my way!)

Matching outfit that helps keep you not as sweaty (nike dri fit, adidas climalite etc) cause you arent fussing over your clothes you can get further into your work out.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    I only wear makeup if I am leaving after work and already have makeup on.
    I am guilty of making sure my workout clothes are all matchy, right down to my headbands! haha
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Depends on how I feel. Sometimes I remove all my makeup and sometimes I go with full makeup. Sometimes I will take a shower before and sometimes I wont. Just depends what kind of mood I am in and what time of day.

I must ask....why would you take a shower BEFORE going to the gym?
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Definitely not. Throw on whatever workout clothes that are clean. Wash any makeup off my face so it doesn't get in my pores while I sweat. Throw my hair in a ponytail and head out the door. I am just going to sweat, why look good?
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I don't get all done up for work so I certainly wouldn't do it for the gym. I get most of my exercise riding horses and I usually end up sweaty and dirty and covered in hair, so again getting done up would be a gigantic waste of time.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I "do my hair" in the sense that I pull it back off my face and use a bit of hairspray so it stays out of my face.
    Makeup = I actually remove mine before working out so I don't sweat nasty brown stuff.
    Clothes = I put on what's clean.

So, in a sense, yes, I do "get ready".
  • hardatwork45
    hardatwork45 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    NO, but I did recently buy more workout outfits because I sweat a lot and I got clothes to fit the need but when I go to the gym I'm actually there to workout so I'm so sweaty and I have to wipe my face like 5-6 times to get the sweat off so it would be a waste but I agree sometimes the workout outfits make you look better but it doesn't make you workout better
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I buy running clothes that are cute and flattering. Then I wear them mismatched because I end up not caring that much at 5:30am.

For race day everything matches.

Oh, no make-up.
  • lpeacock06
    lpeacock06 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I sweat A LOT when exercising so no make up....hair is a mess too......not trying to impress anyone just doing it for ME!!!
  • MrsRadder
    MrsRadder Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    When I go to 5:30am fitness class everyone is there to work... But if I have to the 10:30 class the 'fancy soccer mom's' are there with their hair and makeup done. Cant stand those classes! I might just have a bad mind set for them because there are six of them and they always ***** about everything, the tracks to fast, it's to many reps, I don't like this one blah blah blah. If you don't want to be here.. go home! It's your fitness but come on!!!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I usually look all frumpy....I really need to invest in cuter work out attire! If it's a work day I have make up on from work...but Saturdays i used arrive at the gym with no make up, bed head, frumpy old t shirt and old sweat pants that I cut off below the knee to make them capri's.....I'm a scary sight!!!!!!
  • Amyding115
    Amyding115 Posts: 120
    Options
    I don't do hair or makeup. I wear things that make me comfortable to work out in. Cuteness doesn't hurt but it's not a must.
  • SarahElittlebit
    SarahElittlebit Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Since when I go to the gym I am working out with my students I do try to look put together with decent work out clothes. I either put my hair in a ponytail or braid it so it looks decent and is out of the face, but I don't bother with make-up. I work with college students, so I want to make sure I look presentable.

If I work out at home where no one is around...whatever I throw on I throw on...holes and all.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    If someone puts Make-up on, then they aren't there to sweat it out! I love putting on my color coordinated gym clothes though =)
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Don't wear makeup anyway unless there's an occasion, which is really, never. I do however believe in comfortable clothing, and loose is not comfortable. So I wear form fitting running capris and racer back tank thats I got at Costco, 2 sets, and wicking socks. Otherwise, I'm in my karate uniform which is the most UNCOMFORTABLE thing anyone could ever possibly imagine exercising in. UGH! Hair gets brushed and put up in a ponytail, but it's wrecked by the time I'm done! :) I do however have nice undies that I keep solely for working out because they have a good control and wicking feature.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Shorts, loose cut off t-shirt with sports bra underneath, hair in ponytail and I'm ready to roll. I do my workouts at home. My daughter is too busy on her comp, and my cat couldn't care less what I look like, lol. She just likes to casually stroll in front of me to tick me off, lol, the cat, not the kid.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Weird. I put my hair in pig tails, put on clothes made out primarily of lycra or spandex, and work out until the make up I put on that morning melts . . . I can't even imagine what a fresh face and hairspray would do in that situation.