Eurybe Warriors - Week 1 (Closed Group)

Options
Hello ladies!!! I hope you're ready to kick some serious butt this month. So a few housekeeping things. Bear with me, it's kinda long, but important.

1. I learned a lot from the August challenge. I will not be chasing down teammates this month for diary, water, daily exercise, daily challenges, weights. If you do not notify me of any of the above by Sunday evening at 8 p.m. EST, you will receive a zero for that week, which in turn, hurts the team as a whole.

2. Starting weights MUST be Private Messaged to me no later than tomorrow (Monday 8/1). All Sunday weigh-in's will also need to be Private Messaged to me going forward.

3. In August, we were doing daily recaps in the forum. For this month, I'm asking that weekly recaps are posted on Sunday in the forum. I WILL CREATE A NEW FORUM EACH WEEK. Please post in the appropriate week.

4. I understand that some people may not have internet access at home, and strictly utilize MFP through another computer during the week. IF this is the case, please notify me of this ASAP so we can address how to post your recaps prior to Sunday.

5. In August we had a total of 21 team members, 6 of which actually finished out the challenge. Including me. I can't even begin to explain how this impacted our team. Therefore, if I do not have a weigh in or a weekly recap by Wednesday, I will be forced to replace you. Even though your points wouldn't be counted for the week prior, if you miss a recap/weigh in on Sunday, please follow up with me and let me know you're still "here". Again, I will not let my team as a whole and teammates individually suffer due to lack of participation of others.
(I'm hoping I don't sound like I'm preaching and I don't want to come across as a "crazy" person, but August was rough
for all who were left doing the challenge, and it isn't fair to the team.)

6. We will have 6 days of workouts. You can take your "rest" day whichever day you choose. It doesn't have to be Sunday. Just tell me that all 6 days were completed for the exercise/challenge portion as well as the water/diary/calorie portion.

7. Points are awarded as follows:
* 1 point for each team member who does their daily exercise challenge (1 point per member)
* 1 point for the other weekly challenges (water intake, staying under calories etc.) Each week different challenge per member
* Daily Exercise – If every team member logs the daily exercise as doing it for all 6 days our TEAM will be awarded an extra 5
points. These 5 points are BONUS and can ONLY be accomplished if the WHOLE TEAM LOGS ALL 6 DAYS
* Weekly Challenges – If every team member logs the weekly challenge as doing it for all 6 days, our TEAM will be awarded
an extra 5 points. Again, these 5 points are BONUS and can ONLY be accomplished if the WHOLE TEAM LOGS ALL 6
DAYS
**The above 2 bullets are why it is so important that we all remain a TEAM. If we loose just one person, we will have no way of gaining the bonus points.

8. There will be 2 levels of challenges. A basic low impact workout and an advanced (BUSHMEN) high impact workout. I encourage you to mix and match if you choose.

9. As you can tell, September 1st falls on a Thursday, which means the first "week" of the challenge will be 3 days of workouts and Sunday as a "rest" day. We will begin our 6 days of hard core *kitten* kicking on Monday the 5th!!

10. Last but not least, I'll be posting the exercises tonight. Stay tuned and stay focused!

Replies

• lukybug
    lukybug Posts: 209
    Options
    THESE ARE THE BASIC EXERCISES for Week 1.

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE

WEEK 1 – PYGMY SERIES

This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement!

Week One Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point. If all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.

WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #1 YOU ARE A PYGMY WARRIOR!

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 30 Squat Kicks* and 50 Jumping Jacks
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo)

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses* + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs)
    *You may use cans of soup, tomato juice or bottles of water if u don’t have weights

Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches + 20 Mountain Climbers*
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4)

Day 4 Rest! You deserve it!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise! *********

Week One Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.
  • Charlie175
    Charlie175 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Didnt Gary post a revised wk 1 due to it only being 3 days? You posted the 7 day. .
  • Amanda_Runs
    Amanda_Runs Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    YEAH! I am so excited to start tomorrow~
  • lukybug
    Options
    THESE ARE THE ADVANCED EXERCISES!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE

WEEK 1 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)

Week One Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.

Welcome to Week 1. You will do 6 exercises at 50 reps as quickly as possible 3 times this week. These are not to be broken up into segments. You are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself!

Day 1 - 50 Squat Kicks*, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers**, 50 Wood Chops*** and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps****!
    *(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo)
    **(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4)
    ***(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PmiUB7e8Uc)
    ****(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG9tTm3wdjE)

Day 2 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)

Day 3 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!

Day 4 - Rest! You deserve it!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week One Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points. *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Bump...headed to church...gonna read all this when I get home
  • topaz2986
    topaz2986 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to go!
  • MissMom3
    MissMom3 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm ready!! Go Team!!
  • _Corinne_
    _Corinne_ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Super excited and ready to BRING IT!
  • _Corinne_
    Options
    Question: How do we count Globe Jumps? I've been counting each complete rotation (4 jumps) as 1 globe jump. Is that right or does each jump count as one globe jump? Thanks!
  • tbhoover
    Options
    Alright Ladies! I am ready to get started tomorrow. I am leaving to go out of town Friday evening and will be back Tuesday evening. I will do my best to complete the Pygmy series Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday while out of town. I am taking my computer with me so I can still check in with everyone and do my best to track my calories.

Looking at this weeks exercises...the Pygmy looks REALLY easy and I will probably do the Bushmen exercises once I get back in town. They look a little challenging and I definitely feel they will push me. The lazy side of me would like to do the Pygmy series...but thats not gonna push me to the weight and health goals I want.

My starting weight is 198.4 - My minimum goal is to get to 191 by the end of the challenge which would have me at overweight instead of obese.
  • tbhoover
    Options
    Question: How do we count Globe Jumps? I've been counting each complete rotation (4 jumps) as 1 globe jump. Is that right or does each jump count as one globe jump? Thanks!

Ive been counting the same as you...I cant imagine doing 50!!!!
  • lukybug
    Options
    One complete rotation is one globe jump. Gary has noted that these are to be completed at the same time and not to be broken into sets. These are tough and I'm kicking myself in the *kitten* for telling Gary about these monsters LOL I'll be honest, I was introduced to globe jumps when I first started doing Insanity at the end of last year. The most I've ever been able to push out is 12 globe jumps (12 complete rotations) in a minute. I just want to say regarding these, it is very important that you are tightening your core when you are in the squat (ending) position and touching the floor with your fingertips. This is going to help prevent strain on your lower back.

Please remember to keep proper form with these and go as slow as you need to to maintain proper form and to accomplish the 50 rotations. I'm thinking these are going to take me around 7 to 8 minutes to complete entire 50 rotations. If you need to break them into sets, I would suggest 5 sets of 10 rotations. We do this in Insanity and are timed for a minutes. Giving it my all in the beginning, I could get 8 out. So I think asking for 10 in a minute is doable yet still pushing myself and you guys. Which is what this is all about.

If you haven't Private Messaged me your starting weight, you need to do so ASAP today.

Have a great day ladies and let's rock it out!!!!
  • tbhoover
    Options
    AM i understanding correct that the points are the same regardless of the exercise program you choose?

This has got to be the most organized challenge. How awesome to have different levels of workouts!

I know that this is to be in addition to your regular workout routine but my regular workout routine = NOTHING lol. I am making sure to do the challenges and do some walking. Im working on fighting the lazy bug that bites me and start doing something else in addition. But im quite proud of myself :o) This is the first time I have ever introduced any form of workingout into my weightloss program and (thanks to these challenges) I have really been able to tell a difference in my body.

Thanks Lukybug for heading up our team. Love Ya Girlie!
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! lets do this!! I think this month is gonna be great!! Also could someone post the team signature so I can copy and paste it to my signature?
  • tbhoover
    Options
    Woohoo!! lets do this!! I think this month is gonna be great!! Also could someone post the team signature so I can copy and paste it to my signature?

FinalSeptember-2.jpg

Make sure you change the IMG at the beginning and end to lowercase img. Leave everything else alone.
  • tbhoover
    Options
    Ok Bushmen challenge done...except the dreaded globe jumps...time to "jump in" on those
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    alrighty just seeing if my signature worked, and then headed to the gym.
  • lukybug
    Options
    So I'm posting these pics to see if I'm having user issues, or the bogs. I can't post my pics in my blog, so I'm gonna try here LOL No comments needed :wink: Just checking to see if they will actually upload.

FrontDay1August.jpg

FrontSept1.jpg
  • _Corinne_
    Options
    Ok Bushmen challenge done...except the dreaded globe jumps...time to "jump in" on those

GRRRR - Globe Jumps! Well, we will be the better for it. Maybe I can jump away some of my bloat! LOL
  • tbhoover
    Options
    So I'm posting these pics to see if I'm having user issues, or the bogs. I can't post my pics in my blog, so I'm gonna try here LOL No comments needed :wink: Just checking to see if they will actually upload.

FrontDay1August.jpg

FrontSept1.jpg

I know you said no comments needed :o) But I can really see a difference...Way to Go!