What's your favorite cardio?

I like running a few miles, but I'm trying to do different things to prevent joint injury. I have a stationary bike as well but I'm not real excited about that. I need help! What are some favorite videos/activities for cardio?

Replies

• JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Sex
  • Elliptical and Bike trainers, 'nuff said. :bigsmile:

Elliptical is very easy on the knees as is the bike.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Aside from the obvious (^^eyeroll^^), swimming. Like, for sure.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    spin!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,324 Member
    I love badminton !! burns major calories, also leslie sansone walk at home and ramp
    dvd's
  • If you can, try out swimming, one of the best exercises you can do, works your entire body and is a great way to get a nice toned body one of the best exercises i have ever done, burns a ton of calories as well.

My favorite though, i would have to say is boxing being you can get out all your unwanted stress or anger in day from work,kids, drama or what ever you have going on in your life and take it out on a bag plus 17 minutes of boxing burns about 150 calories so it's not a bad exercise either.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    I honestly was dreading the stationary bike for MONTHS but I've put it back into my regular rotation and I'm starting to like it better! If you do 3 minutes-3 minutes-4 minutes on varying levels, you can get a decent burn and work your muscles great in 30 minutes. I started with levels 3-5-7 and I'm up to 5-7-9 so I do:

0-3:00 level 5
    3:01-6:00 level 7
    6:01-10:00 level 9
    10:01-13:00 level 7
    13:01-16:00 level 5
    16:01-20:00 level 7
    20:01-23:00 level 9
    23:01-26:00 level 7
    26:01-30:00 level 5

I try to keep the same RPM for all levels just so I don't bust a knee or something, haha. I always feel accomplished when I get done. Try to stay between 75-85RPM. I also am trying to improve my time for 1 mile so I can work on my time for 5k... right now I'm at 10:05 ... so I've been running 1 mile with a 5 minute cooldown, then 30 minutes on CrossRamp (kind of like an elliptical but no hands and it's more of a slidy track than just free swings). I do stationary bike typically on a strength training day. Hope this helps!
  • chorgi
    chorgi Posts: 221
    I run, too, but my favorite is hiking. Much easier on the knees. Martial arts, kayaking, and cycling are great ways to exercise, too.
  • JENIFER_AZ
    JENIFER_AZ Posts: 235 Member
    Zumba
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    Hiking and Squash....no clocks on these two babies...and major caloried burners!!
  • KetoKris
    KetoKris Posts: 78 Member
    Definitly the eliptical machine......it's very low impact......to mix it up i'll switch between going forward and backward every 3 minutes........ it burns aroud 400 calories every 30 minutes depending on your speed etc.

I ALSO EAT MY CALORIES!!!
  • KyleJCooper
    KyleJCooper Posts: 44 Member
    Stairmaster, Road Biking, Stationary Cycling, and Running. Elliptical if I'm looking for something totally different for a day.

I like to change it up as frequently as possible, but I definitely always fall back on my trusty bike and stairs. :)
  • Liquid741
    Liquid741 Posts: 292 Member
    addicted to running on the treadmill while watching baseball or recently my fav. sport football. ill run 4miles before i know it and feel great...followed up, hopefully by a lot of fun in bed with my wife....

best day ever!
  • April9393
    April9393 Posts: 33 Member
    Jazzercise and more Jazercise!!
  • arhzon
    arhzon Posts: 150
    Plyometrics all the way! Burpees, knee tuck jumps, mountain climbers, mountain jumpers, squat jumps, alternate lunges, mule kicks... anything like calisthenics but more explosive is a great cardio workout, and they are my favorites!

Also I jump rope. ;-)
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Zumba or in general....DANCING!!! :wink:
  • joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    Lately, heavy bag, kettlebell, and rowing.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    I love dancing so I've been using my Wii - Michael Jackson the Experience and Just Dance II. Tomorrow I get to go to my first Zumba class. I cant wait!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    The shortest one I can find!!!!

HIIT take 20 minutes

do wonder I turned to strenght training!!!!
  • phlumpet
    phlumpet Posts: 106 Member
    I honestly was dreading the stationary bike for MONTHS but I've put it back into my regular rotation and I'm starting to like it better! If you do 3 minutes-3 minutes-4 minutes on varying levels, you can get a decent burn and work your muscles great in 30 minutes. I started with levels 3-5-7 and I'm up to 5-7-9 so I do:

0-3:00 level 5
    3:01-6:00 level 7
    6:01-10:00 level 9
    10:01-13:00 level 7
    13:01-16:00 level 5
    16:01-20:00 level 7
    20:01-23:00 level 9
    23:01-26:00 level 7
    26:01-30:00 level 5

I try to keep the same RPM for all levels just so I don't bust a knee or something, haha. I always feel accomplished when I get done. Try to stay between 75-85RPM. I also am trying to improve my time for 1 mile so I can work on my time for 5k... right now I'm at 10:05 ... so I've been running 1 mile with a 5 minute cooldown, then 30 minutes on CrossRamp (kind of like an elliptical but no hands and it's more of a slidy track than just free swings). I do stationary bike typically on a strength training day. Hope this helps!

Thanks! This does help. I honestly mostly just watch the clock on the bike waiting for it to end. I'll try to keep my RPMs up and make it a challenge!