What's your favorite cardio?

2»

Replies

• I bought a Mountain Bike at walmart for 135.00, created a playlist on Ipod and I bike for 45 to 50 minutes through the schools and subdivisions connected to my subdivision. Couple of great hills! Great cardio and burns a ton of calories! Plus it does not hurt my knees.

I used to have a stationary bike but it collected clothes. With a real bike you cannot get off and go to another room to watch tv. I actually have to keep exercising to get home!

I normally come in cool down, my neighbor actually starting biking a year ago (he rides with teams and he has dropped 60 pounds just biking. But he goes out for hours and on major roads.

I wish I had someone to bike with. Would make it go by quicker.
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    RRRRRROOOOOLLLLEEERRRRR SKATING! :laugh:
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Tennis & Kenpo...
  • I joined a fitness bootcamp, 1hr a day, 5 days a week and I love it. Always a different workout.
  • I prefer the wind blowing through my hair myself... so I've been riding a bike all Summer. Right now its out of commission, so to keep the cardio going, I've been hiking in the woods on the hill behind my house. This might not be as easy to do if you live in a metro area, but I've been pleasantly surprised by the workout. I'm feeling soreness in many muscles in my core that I've apparently not been working on the bike (or otherwise). I will probably keep doing that once a week when I get the bike back in the mix. :)
  • Dancing and swimming are my favorite. Since i just started working out I suck at walking/running and riding my bike but find it boring along with going to the gym. I need to fix that if i want to get in shape, lol.
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Spin class!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    DDR for me. It's the only thing that's had my heart rate up beyond what should be my maximum! Its also way over the 100 cal/10 mins marker too, and its great fun as well!
  • vikesfanmb
    vikesfanmb Posts: 291 Member
    Swiimming and water aerobics! :smile: It works out your entire body all at once!
  • Kittu125
    Kittu125 Posts: 360 Member
    By far it's zumba and I love biking on road and turbo kick too
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    I really love Step Aerobics... it really gets your heart rate up and keeps it there. I love taking the classes at my local gym, but it doesn't always fit into my schedule!:-( My house doesn't have a big enough floorplan to do a video at home, either.

Shannon
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Tennis & Kenpo...

What is Kenpo?
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    I found my bike boring unroll I found a routine that ups your metabolism. I sprint longer than the one i found. Warm up for 10 mins then sprint for 10sec rest for 20 repeat until you have done it 8 times then cool down. You are meant to do it on the third resistance setting (unless you have a bike like my mother is laws which only has four and her forth is like my second) it seriously kicks your bum!

I also use my bike when I watch a movie instead of sitting on the couch

Otherwise I stripper dance which is great for you thighs, bum and stomach. If you don't know how I liked the strip to fit videos.

I love swimming but currently I'm confined to where I can take the kids
  • Zumba!!!!!!!!:smile:
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    I love step aerobics i have alot of dvds to workout to it is convenient because if i have to i can do it at night or in morning or when ever i can. You can do so much on a step plus the cathe friedrich one i get are very motivating because of the music and she i not annoying or boring.

You can use the step to tone butt and legs, cardio, use it as a bench to do wieights with. Alot of veriaty.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Tae Bo
  • Zumba and spin!!!!!!!!!
  • Peschuntz
    Peschuntz Posts: 270 Member
    Kickboxing and NordicTrack ski machine.