Healthy protein rich breakfast ideas!!!

Options
Does anyone have any healthy protein rich breakfast ideas? I keep experimenting with different options but there is always something wrong. Bacon and Egg sandwich (high calorie and sat fat), cereal (high sugar and no protein), steak (flipping expensive and time consuming to cook and eat)............

I'm hoping theres something out there that i can throw together easily enough and get a boost. My next option will be protein powder in a smoothie.......

Any ideas?

Replies

• leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Crumpet and poached egg :)
  • ROBP5
    ROBP5 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Eggs and Nuts, cheap and easy!
  • Wolf_Girl
    Wolf_Girl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Maybe nuts? They are rich in protein.You can make some homemade healthy energy bars with them.
  • cheekyimp
    cheekyimp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Why don't you try an egg white omelette with say some philly light cheese as the filling, the egg whites are pure protein, no fat and no cholestrol and if you can't be bothered separating eggs you can buy two chicks liquid egg white in a carton at various shops including sainsburys, check out their website twochicks.co.uk for stockists and other recipe suggestions
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    You eat steak for breaky!?? woah!

Anything with eggs. Omelette, scrambled eggs etc :-)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    eggs! not all cereal is very high in sugar, you just need to shop around.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Have dinner leftovers! This morning I had a half-portion of leftover chicken stir-fry I made last night with roast chicken and tons of vegetables from my friends' allotment, bunged it in the 'wave for two minutes and voila!
  • Klbryce1
    Options
    egg whites all the way, i scramble them with a bit of tabasco :)
  • bitterbrownie
    Options
    Bacon and Egg sandwich (high calorie and sat fat)

i buy reduced fat bacon which has only 2g sat fat in 3 rashers...try that? and 32.5 calories in each rasher (65 per 2 rasher serving)

i don't eat much other sat fat so this works for me :)
  • MoonShadow_1au
    MoonShadow_1au Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Plain Oatmeal 3/4 cup milk and a scoop of Protien powder (C 34 / P 45 / F 9 / Sugar 13)
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Frozen fruit - make into a smoothie with a scoop of protein powder & some plain yoghurt/kwark
    Bagel and banana with cinnamon & honey
    Bagel with baked beans & bacon
    Wholewheat toast with baked beans & grilled tomato
    Yoghurt/kwark with fruit & linseeds or with a bit of muesli but be careful which you buy
    Omelette or frittata
    Scrambled eggs
    Oatmeal porridge
    Peanut butter & apple
    Rice & beans
  • ringmaster389
    Options
    eggs always work, and I like to use a few ounces of Boars Head low sodium turkey breast or chicken to make an omelet out of
  • deisha
    deisha Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    BUMP! I need some new breakfast ideas too!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Scrambled egg with smoked salmon... quick, easy and protein rich :tongue:
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Also, if you look up 'vegetarian protein combining' on google you'll find lots of options. Vegetarians have to be careful how they combine foods to get all the amino acids they need, so they tend to have much more variety in their meals which is much more interesting to eat than just having meat, eggs or dairy all the time.
  • liza001
    Options
    Crossfit - bodybuilder group recommends cottage cheese for breakfast.. I add pineapple or apple sauce...
  • T_William
    T_William Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    3 egg scrambled lil pepper, sorted! No need for bread :)
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    I've recently started having oatmeal with protein powder mixed in - use the instant oats then mix in some BSN lean dessert protein. Really yummy and it keeps me full which is a miracle for me!
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I put a quarter or half measure of protein powder in my muesli or porridge.
  • sheepiegail
    sheepiegail Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt and then add in some fruit or granola.