Pregnancy - September 2011

Options

Replies

• mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mommy2CnG and congratulations! As far as losing in the first trimester, it's generally okay. Many women do just because of morning sickness! Just make sure you listen to your body; sometimes you have to eat something to not be sick, and it's okay to do that! (chewing gum helped me, too), and not everyone can maintain exercise in the first trimester (though it's perfectly fine to maintain as long as you feel well enough and don't push yourself). Hoping you can find the right balance and keep your weight steady through the pregnancy and have a healthy baby!! :happy:
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone for your advice :) I have set MFP to maintainence but I'm still REALLY nervous! I guess it will take a bit of getting used to after the whole weight loss mind set. Doesn't help that I was on a low carb, no dairy, high protein diet before, and now I have to completely change everything!!

You need tons of protein when pregnant so you don't need to change too much.
  • DeliriousOwl
    Options

Sounds like ligament stretching. Ectopic will be a LOT of SHARP pain, which probably won't develop until 8 weeks IIRC from EMT class. I had similar pain through most of the first tri. At your first appointment, they'll probably to an internal ultrasound to see baby and you'll know it's in the right place. Risk factors for ectopic are having an IUD in place (and some other hormonal birth controls), history of previous ectopic, and maybe endometriosis. You mentioned you probably had endometriosis, but I don't think it's a much higher risk (and still much more common for a normal pregnancy than an ectopic).
    Call the doc if the pain gets really sharp and intense or if you start bleeding, especially bright red, but other than that, I don't think you really have to worry. You'll know for sure on friday!

p.s. - I always have that same panicky feeling, and this time I couldn't get in until I was 11 weeks, so I know what you're going through. Try to relax and stay calm, it's better for you and for baby, even if it's not easy!! :wink:

Thanks so much! its good to know other people have had similar things are survived! I am trying to stay calm. and also think positively.

AnneElise - Yes at least I can maintain my protein. I got the what to expect when your expecting book, which I really like because it has clear outlines of what and how much of everything you should eat. So I'm upping my dairy and carb consumption, but trying to stay really healthy with everything I eat still.

Circumsicion I think is a personal choice. I like the contrast to ear peicing for girls! Don't let others get to you or make the choice for you!
  • dmdaigle17
    Options
    So I recently mentioned the fact that my fiance' and i are considering circumcision for our son (just to discuss the logistics of where is best to get it done, cost etc.) and OMG did i get some intense backlash! not only from youtube watchers but also from my friends back home in NZ. I was accused of not caring at all about my sons right to his own body parts, of being barbaric etc etc. I can honestly say i did not expect this, and to be quite frank it was abit upsetting to be accused of such things.
    Our reasons for possibly circumcising are medical and its also the preference of my fiance', as he is also circumcised. I have done my research and understand the arguments for both sides, the main argument for the negative side seeming to be that it can cause some desensitization and is an unnecessary medical procedure. My brother even wrote me a message saying that he wish he hadnt been circumsised at birth. omg what to do now! any advice is welcome:ohwell:

Sorry for the reaction you got to this. I have always gone to board members here for pros/cons about this specific topic and have never received any backlash (With that being said- I probably would if we went to family with it though). You just need to do what you feel is best for YOUR baby. That is what it boils down to. If you feel having it done is what's best for him- then so be it. Many people forget that their opinion needs to be out of respect, not judgment.
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I'm so excited to join you ladies in this journey!
    Here's a little about me;
    My name is Kim, 27 and this is DH and my first. My DH and I had been (weird to say that in the past tense) for a year and a half after stopping the depo shot. This was our second round of clomid and according to my charts, our first Oing cycle. :happy: Fingers crossed, morning sickness has not showed, and all I really feel is crazy bloating! We are extremely excited! Any advise/tips for a newbie would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    My name is Kim, 27 and this is DH and my first. My DH and I had been (weird to say that in the past tense) for a year and a half after stopping the depo shot. This was our second round of clomid and according to my charts, our first Oing cycle. :happy: Fingers crossed, morning sickness has not showed, and all I really feel is crazy bloating! We are extremely excited! Any advise/tips for a newbie would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Yea!!!!!!! I’m so excited for you!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I still stalk the TTC thread, but I must have missed your announcement. Bloating is totally normal in the beginning. The best advice I can give you is to keep doing what you are and listen to your body. I had to drastically change my exercise routine because I was so dizzy that I couldn’t do anything without almost passing out, hopefully you won’t have that problem.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Julz – I’m really picky about hand me down things too. I love watching my belly jump when Kathryn moves. I can’t believe we only have 4 weeks until we’re due! :noway:

Delirious – I set my calories to maintain my weight when I found out I was pregnant. Congratulations! The cramping is probably just your stretching; I had A LOT of cramping my first 2 months.

Melissa – do not let anyone make you feel bad about circumcision. If I were having a boy he would be circumcised because my husband is and we didn’t want him to feel different. My husband does not remember being circumcised and has no problems with desensitization. I know it’s a hot topic for lots of people but the decision is untimely for you and your fiancé to make.

Mommy2CnG – lots of women lose weight during their pregnancy because of morning sickness. Definitely talk to your doctor, but listen to your body. I have some days where I’m starving and others where I don’t even want to look at food.

I ate my weight in cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory, it was fantastic. :embarassed: :laugh:

Kathryn’s room is almost 100% done but I still feel like we don’t have enough time to get everything ready until she’s here. I still haven’t even thought about packing my bag for the hospital yet.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

YEA! Congrats, I am so happy for you!
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Thanks!!:happy:
  • calcote05
    calcote05 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am 10 weeks with my second child (we have a 2 year old daughter) and am really excited, but have let myself go the past few weeks. It's as if I am allowing my pregnancy to be an excuse to eat what I want and lie on the couch!!! I am so mad at myself because I have worked so hard to lose the weight from my first pregnancy and I swore that this time I'd make healthier choices. I guess I hit bottom this weekend and have been back to logging calories today. My hubby and I are going to jog this afternoon (only 1 mile), but I don't want to go too far. I jogged regularly (3 times a week) up until the heat of the summer. Then it was too hot. Now that we are having some cooler weather I wanted to get back in the habit. Do you have any advice for me? I've already changed my caloric intake from weight loss to maintance, but what about exercise? I just don't want to over do it! :flowerforyou:
  • tabbycat2223
    Options
    I would like to join, I am trying to concieve we will find out next week if our last attempt worked, LOL!!
  • Caperfae
    Options
    Welcome to all the newly pregnant ladies. Congratulations!!!
    ____

I sent my 5 year old off on the bus today for the first day of school EVER! I held back the tears and was proud of myself. I will admit my eyes misted over though.
    After that I had a diabetic clinic appointment and then after that I had an OB appointment so my morning was filled up and I didn't have time to miss her.

I am now on a different insulin before breakfast and before supper and then taking the same insulin I've been taking at bedtime so I have 2 different insulin pens now. So it's finger pokes 6 times a day and then insulin injections 3 times a day. At this point if my OB mentions induction I just might do it because of the GD hassle. Everything looks great with baby girl though. She's still small so the GD hasn't affected her at all which is great (for both of us). Another appointment next week .... we're getting there!!
  • mathjulz
    Options
    Welcome to all the new ladies and congrats on new pregnancies! So exciting!!

calcote05 - If you were doing the exercise before, it's generally safe to keep doing it now that you're expecting. Just make sure your heartrate doesn't go too high (150 bpm I think) and that you don't get overheated. Hydration!! And listen to your body - this is not the time to be pushing to a new time, lol. Other than that, if you can keep running, go for it! I wasn't able to run (because of ms, exhaustion, and ligament pain) but have been walking for most of this pregnancy and swimming since summer, and it feels great (usually).

Ronya - bag for hospital? Oh yeah! Actually, I've thought about it a couple of times, but haven't gotten beyond that. We're waiting for the crib to arrive (either tomorrow or Friday, they said) so we can put it up and get the bedding all on it. Then maybe I'll feel ready. Four weeks is going to go by so fast!

Caperfae - I remember sending my oldest to kindergarten. For us, it was dropping her off at the school and watching her run in with the other kids. Yep, misting up there. And this year we sent her to Jr High and I barely kept it together all over! Glad to hear that baby isn't being affected by the GD. You're almost there!

AFM - I keep going back and forth between "can I just have this baby yet?" and "holy cow, I don't have enough time, this pregnancy has gone by so fast!" I'm at the first mostly when I hurt, like today. 30 minute walk has made my hip really hurt. That, and the weekly NSTs are starting to wear on me (not that I mind hearing the baby's heart beat, but that's a lot of time hooked up to a monitor!) No Dr apt this week, but start weekly appointments there next week, so that'll be 2 afternoons a week gone. :grumble: But whatever is necessary to insure a healthy baby is what I'm going to do!
  • DeliriousOwl
    Options
    calcote05 & kcurtis05, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :) hope everything goes really well and smoothly for you!!
  • dmdaigle17
    Options
    I was put on strict 24hr bedrest today after a regular appointment turned into 2 hours and blood work. Long story short. chances are very high that I have preeclampsia. I have gained a total of 20lbs entire pregnancy- 9 of that was in the last 13 days On top of all of the sudden swollen feet/hands, headaches, and spots in vision all in the last week. Have to do the 24hr urine collection/sample. Will know for sure what we're doing Thurs afternoon. Looking like induction on Monday more than likely. I'm a big ball of emotions- just need time to process it I guess.
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're getting good medical care, I hope everything works out well! Sounds emotional and scary, so sorry, hang in there!
  • ElizabethRN59
    ElizabethRN59 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!! Sorry i have been MIA lately--- not feeling great (morning sickness) and tiredall the time, just hasn't allowed for much computer time lately. So i have been reading up on all of you but i won't try to post everything!

Welcome to the new girls! Congratulations on your pregnancies!!!

Congratulations to Regina and Rachel!! So very excited for you both to have your little ones here!

Danielle: I am thinking of you... Praying for your emotional and physical well being!! (((hugs)))

AFM: As of this week i will be 11 weeks, already have some difficulty with tightness in my jeans but no weight gain (thank goodness)... trying my best to eat right, so far the only "crazy" cravings are apple juice and peanut butter... So i am trying to be careful how much of them i am eating.... Tomorrow i go for the one hour gluclose tolerance test- everyone says that "orange stuff" is horrible so i must say i am not looking forward to it... but at that same time, i am glad they are choosing to do it so early on in my pregnancy b/c it was such a big concern for DH and i b/c of my mother having GD with both my brother and myself... So hopefully good news (fingers crossed) ...

**And i promise to try and start keeping up on the boards more... =(
  • KatalynasMommy
    KatalynasMommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Regina and Lindsay on your little ones!! Welcome to the newly pregnant members and the ones TTC! :bigsmile:

My little one is been active lately I'm loving the movements it is so neat go to the doctor in the morning.
  • mathjulz
    Options
    Danielle - Yikes! It does sound nerve-wracking. But it sounds too like they're watching it and ready to take appropriate steps. You'll have your little one here soon, either way. Hang in there! ((HUGS))

ElizabethRN - No worries; taking care of yourself is definitely more important than responding to the boards! :wink: Hope the glucose test comes back normal. And, FWIW, I think the fruit punch is grosser than the old orange (don't know about the newer one). But don't think about it, just drink! lol
  • mukie89
    mukie89 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    welcome to all new mommies-to-be!!!

Julz- I hope the pain subsides soon. Your so close now! just hang in there :flowerforyou:

So as i may have said before my fiance' and I are planning on getting married in New Zealand. My fiance' had asked three of his closest male friends from Florida to be his groomsmen, and we have offered monetary support for the flights over. I also asked my g.f in florida to be a bridesmaid and have her dress already. my fiance's best man was the first to pull out last week, saying that even with our help he couldn't financially make it to NZ, and that his schooling was also too hectic to take time off. Then today another of his groomsmen and my american bridesmaid made the same call, saying that the financial burden would be too much, and even after i offered even more financial support it was still not going to be an option. They also told me that his third groomsmen may also not be able to make it happen. This makes me so sad :sad: I want it to the happiest day of our lives for both of us, and i believe that having close friends and family there makes that a reality.

We are now discussing having a ring ceremony of some kind in florida before we leave for nz, but this just dosent have the same meaning and without getting legally married during the ceremony it dosent hold the same weight. But i dont want to get legally married until our main ceremony in NZ, it would mean alot to me if we became legally married on this day.

Ugh what to do :cry: