Daily Check In - September

Options

Replies

• goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yep
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yep
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? my daughter took a 2 mile walk with my boyfriend and I last night - this is huge!! I ask her ALL the time and she never wants to go.
    What would I have done differently? nothing
    What is today's personal goals? track calories, check in, and the elliptical (DONE!!)

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 4/7 days of exercise
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? my daughter took a 2 mile walk with my boyfriend and I last night - this is huge!! I ask her ALL the time and she never wants to go.

Hooray Gold K! :flowerforyou: It really does help when our families join us in healthy habits!

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yeppers
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? I did
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Stayed under on calories (barely) by not eating a high cal snack in WalMart. this has gotten to be a bad habit with me lately! Love that indulgent trail mix! :tongue:
    What would I have done differently? Did the best I could
    What is today's personal goals? Stay under calories, Walked with Hubby again :flowerforyou: and going to get on the elliptical to give myself a little more calorie space
    Exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) 4/5 days of exercise
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yep
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? stayed on track - my boyfriend and I go out for dinner on Wed nights (usually just appetizers). Yesterday instead of getting chickin wings and shrimp cocktail I had a side salad and shrimp cocktail :drinker: Oh and 2 Stella's (not 3 or 4) :drinker: :drinker:
    What would I have done differently? nothing
    What is today's personal goals? track calories, check in, and the elliptical (DONE!!)

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 5/7 days of exercise
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? yes
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? yes
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? really pushed on the treadmill for an hour since my step class was cancelled and actually ran for 20 minutes straight (and another 10 minutes after walking for a bit in between) ... I haven't run for 20 minutes straight for a long time.
    What would I have done differently? didn't need crackers before dinner - but it wasn't that big of a deal and now they are gone
    What is today's personal goals? stay under calories - which will be a challenge with no exercise planned for today

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 2/7 days of exercise
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? 1 cal over :laugh: (well probably more than that with any miscalculation!) It was a hungry day!
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Got to the elliptical even though it was just before fixing dinner Good thing or I would have been WAAAY over on calories :noway:
    What would I have done differently? Moved! sat too much and went to bed earlier
    What is today's personal goals? Stay under calories, Walked with Hubby again and getting to my weights workout after going in to town for my blood draw. (Regular thyroid check-up)
    Exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) 5/5 days of exercise

:flowerforyou: Way to run ltspaul! That is my plan once I lose these pounds!
    :flowerforyou: Yaay goldK So good to have self-control when we go out! Way to think ahead!
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Not sure - didn't track
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Didn't set any
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? walked 5 miles - tried to run a little bit... paying the price today :laugh: :noway: Made some yummy onion soup :drinker:
    What would I have done differently? check in and track calories
    What is today's personal goals? track calories, check in, and yoga

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 2/7 days of exercise
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    MONDAY WEIGH-IN
    Just for fun (or not:grumble: ) I decided for a week to weigh every day. Wow was that scale (or was it me?) all over the place! I got to see just how up and down my weight does go! I have been close to 138 this week and have been over 142! Makes me a little less upset about only being down just .4 of a pound from last week. Today I am at 140.4 More and more I am convinced that pounds are NOT the best indicator of success.

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Did not count on Sunday - Think I was close
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? too busy to set them... Company all day and into the night
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Opted for the herbed tomato soup and skipped the hamburger and the ice cream for dessert
    What would I have done differently? Could not have done it much differently, but again - earlier to bed
    What is today's personal goals? Stay under calories, Weights work-out. DONE! Early to bed
    Exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) 1/5 days of exercise

Wow GoldK :flowerforyou: A run?! You are getting ambitious!! Way to go. Just a little bit at a time and you will be off and running!
  • goldk
    Options

Wow GoldK :flowerforyou: A run?! You are getting ambitious!! Way to go. Just a little bit at a time and you will be off and running!

Thanks! Out of the 5 miles I might have run 3/4 of a mile :laugh: Funny thing... I am hurting today. I don't think I am cut out for this running stuff. I can swim a mile but I can't run a mile. I never could even when I was young and healthy. I was feeling a little ambitious, the weather was perfect and I started back on my asthma medicine... :laugh: :laugh: I will keep to the elliptical, walking and swimming for now.

As always... thanks for your support :flowerforyou:
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Nope
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? yoga
    What would I have done differently? gone for a walk in the evening to offset the (delicious) slice of apple pie :noway:
    What is today's personal goals? track calories, check in, and the elliptical

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 3/7 days of exercise
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes on all 3!
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? See above. The weight work-out was killer!
    What would I have done differently? I liked yesterday. A sit in the Jacuzzi for sore muscles would have been smart
    What is today's personal goals? Stay under calories, walk, (done) , catch up @ desk
    Exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) 2/5 days of exercise
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? yes, by such a close margin!
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? The desk definitely need more attention but I did make progress!
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Didn't go over on calories when I was in a snacking mood!
    What would I have done differently? Less fiddling around at my desk
    What is today's personal goals? Stay under calories, walk or elliptical , errands
    Exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) 2/5 days of exercise

I thought this was such an interesting article as we assess the best way to work off this weight. In the end the consensus seems to be... if it's working for you GREAT, if not check out your options! Hope you are having a good week!

http://graemethomasonline.com/ladies-cardio-sucks-for-weight-loss/
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? over only slightly
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? yes
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Really watched my calories to stay close to my goal
    What would I have done differently? Not many options yesterdsay
    What is today's personal goals? Stay under calories, walk or elliptical , lots done @ home
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? over only slightly (again) I said i was banking those exercise calories :smile: Just made a slight withdrawal.
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? mostly - still have a lot to do here
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Really watched my calories to stay close to my goal (again)
    What would I have done differently? Gone to bed earlier. I am reading on fitness sites about what an important component sleep is to weight loss!
    What is today's personal goals? Stay under calories, walk & weight work-out, lots done @ home (again)

Miss you goldk and ltspaul! :flowerforyou: Hope you are having a good week!
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? elliptical
    What would I have done differently? check in
    What is today's personal goals? track calories and check in

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 5/7 days of exercise
  • goldk
    Options

I thought this was such an interesting article as we assess the best way to work off this weight. In the end the consensus seems to be... if it's working for you GREAT, if not check out your options! Hope you are having a good week!

http://graemethomasonline.com/ladies-cardio-sucks-for-weight-loss/

Interesting! Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Way under. It was a circuit training day But I got most of my protein in..
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? mostly - Yep
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Got to those weight right away in the morning
    What would I have done differently? Took the time to have a tuna salad
    What is today's personal goals? Stay under calories, walk, prep for Sunday school class and get my desk cleaned up. I'm going to do my desk work in increments. Sitting too long after my weight work out day HURTS
    Exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) 5/5 days of exercise
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Not sure - probably not
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Didn't set any
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Took the day off :smokin:
    What would I have done differently? check in and track calories
    What is today's personal goals? track calories, check in, elliptical and yoga (DONE :bigsmile: )

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 1/7 days of exercise
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? no
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? no
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? hmmm
    What would I have done differently? more control at my in-laws 50th Anniversary lunch buffet and dinner
    What is today's personal goals? stay under calories and already did 45 of step at the Y

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 1/7 days of exercise

Sorry I've been MIA ... I need to get my motivation back! I'm starting a weightloss challenge class tonight - hopefully it will do the trick!
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes I did
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Hadn't set them but I liked my day.
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Took 2 walks in Indie
    What would I have done differently? A little earlier to bed
    What is today's personal goals? Stay under calories, weights work out, get stuff done!
    Exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) 1/5 days of exercise

Glad to see you ltspaul :flowerforyou: Always good to remember it's great to have a goal but the journey is so good for us too!

We are experiencing the rapid decline of my SIL due to cancer. Please be praying for our family! We also have 2 weddings and a wedding shower in the next 2 weeks. These next days are going to be a real ride! I am relying on God's promises. "Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength." Isaiah 40:31:heart:
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Update: My Sister-in-Law passed away this morning. She was 51, the mom of 4 and grandma of 3 with one more on the way. Live your days with love and care, the memories she leaves are of a loving and faithful woman!