if you know your going to go over-do you log?

Options
On Fathers Day (Sunday here in Australia) we are having a morning tea then a dinner. I know I will be going over calories. I don't care! Do you still log everything you ate or just skip it on a day like that?
This will only happen a few times in the 1-2 months it will take me to lose the weight...

Replies

• skinnyjeans1224
    skinnyjeans1224 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I log everything
  • winstonh
    Options
    I would totally log it! You gotta be able to see the bad along with the good to get a decent picture. Also, you'll know how many calories you'll have to burn to make up for it!!
  • vodkaswigger
    Options
    I always log, even when i have my treat days or a drink a few times a month with friends, im ususally way over but i dont like to miss days xx
  • tashacan
    Options
    Personally, I go ahead and log it. I don't do it often but as a matter of fact, I did last night. I went ahead and logged everything. It was scary but it helps hold me more accountable. Also, I can go back and see what I have eaten at a later date if needed. Hope this helps....
  • jrami24
    jrami24 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I only log when I behave
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Yes, I try to. Sometimes it is difficult at events like that, because you may not have accurate nutritional information, but I do try.
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    The purpose of keeping a food log, is to track what you eat. Even if you are going to go over, it helps you see what you have consumed, and you can use it for reference in the future.

I saw a helpful little hint on someones post " If you BITE it, you WRITE it".
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    It depends on the day. When I have a "cheat" day I usually don't record what I eat, still log my exercise and water on those days though...which is probably a bit weird, but it works for me. Some days if I know it will be going over late in the day, I'll still record it all.
  • wgrape
    wgrape Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Record as best as you can. Add a note if it makes you feel better that it was a special occasion!
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I would log it in also. My BDAY is coming up on the 9th of this month and I plan to log it in.
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    OWE it, eat enjoy but record it.
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Log it all.....
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I log it. I think it's nice to see what ways you can cut back on days like that in the future!
  • jamhamster
    jamhamster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I log everything its good to see how much you do go over by
  • MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Yes, I still log. If I don't know the calorie content of the foods I will be eating, I try to provide an estimate to keep myself accountable. That way when my scale displays a weight gain (real or water weight) I know it's from the excess food that I've eaten that day.
  • tangdalun
    Options
    I would say log it. If nothing else, it will give you the sense of not having "cheated". Some days you eat more, some days less, but if you don't log it, to me at least I feel I have sort of given up. That's why I log even on those days when the family goes to a restaurant for lunch or dinner. After seeing just how many calories, fat grams, and carbs I consumed, I am more determined to resume my diet. Just a thought. Good Luck.
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    You clearly care or you wouldn't have posted. It's OK to do that, a good thing even. You should log because then you can get a real picture of your entire month (there is really about one holiday a month). I do it almost every Sunday because that's when my family gets together. The food is homecooked and awesome. It's not wrong - just a different focus. I'm complex and multilayered :laugh:
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Yup. Now if I could just rig my keyboard to give me a liiiiiittle tiny shock when I go over, THAT would help me learn. :D

Happy Dad's Day!
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Record as best as you can. Add a note if it makes you feel better that it was a special occasion!

Agree
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    Why bother logging if you don't log everything?