I need low-calorie alcohol options

Options
Kenny_K
Kenny_K Posts: 12 Member
So I’m a young guy who likes to go out on the weekends and bar hop with friends. I do like to drink when I’m out on the weekends, and since completely eliminating alcohol from my life is not realistic I need to come up with a strategy. I’ve decided to greatly limit my alcohol intake when I go out on the weekend. I’m seeking low-calorie options that I can get at a bar instead of the drink anything alternative.

My strategy is not to drink more than 300 calories in one night. Do you have any drink suggestions for me? I’ve already decided to switch from drinking regular beer to light; I can squeeze in about 3 bottle beers that night 

Please help, labor day weekend is approaching us 

Replies

• aircargodog
    Options
    Try white rum and coke Zero, I believe there are verry few calories.
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Miller 64, you can have almost 5 beers then:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • runnermel
    Options
    drink Select 55, it tastes very good, and it is only 55 calories. so, you can have 5 that way!!
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I rum and diet coke it. I don't drink a lot but 4 of those are about 100 calories.
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I love Gin & slimline tonic - approx. 52 calories per glass.
  • bigmoman76
    Options
    Becks Light. A little on the pricy side, but it has full flavor and really not a bad choice for only 64 calories. Honestly, I'd order it in many cases if I wasn't trying to keep track of calories.
  • runnermel
    Options
    Miller 64, you can have almost 5 beers then:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

have you tried Select 55?? In my opinion, it tastes WAY better that MGD 64.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    drink 2 real beers that comes in around 300 cals, Much better to have 2 great beer than 5 of that lite S%^t.
  • mashanda
    mashanda Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    drink the low calorie beers. that way you can keep drinking but not use all the calories. it may take a little longer to get a buzz going but it is okay you still get to join in on the party. @55-60 calories the light beers are great you can drink like 6 for the calories of one. :)
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    since we're on the subject, i've tried MGD 64, and it was a little watery. how is budweiser select 55? has anyone tried micholob ultra light??

i usually prefer local beers, like magic hat, dogfish head, and blue point. i like wheat beers too. losing the flavor of beer is killing me. i may just work out extra the next day if i decide to go out.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Molson Light - This beer is said to be flavorable to some drinkers, but not so flavorful to others. Regardless, with only 23 calories per serving... this beer had to make this list. Reviews range from " a great tasting light beer I am not embarrassed to drink" to "A middle of the road beer, not as strong of a taste as I would like but it still goes down smooth".
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    drink 2 real beers that comes in around 300 cals, Much better to have 2 great beer than 5 of that lite S%^t.

i agree. idk if i'll able to sacrifice taste.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    hear, hear
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    hear, hear

I agree 150% two real beers can pack a punch.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    has anyone tried micholob ultra light??

I like micholob ultra light but I'm not a big beer person so maybe that's why lol
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I do Vodka shots and diet soda (Coke Zero/grapefruit/cranberry/ 7-Up/WHATEVER) or Smirnoff Ice Light, or Canadian 67.
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    rum and diet is certainly a good choice...vodka soda too...but also consider when you go out whether you'd rather enjoy what you drink, or drink more of it? I love cosmos but they run about 200 cal so I limit myself to one (maybe 2 if i've been realllly good). it's kind of about perspective. Most of all don't beat yourself up if you do go over...everyone's allowed to have some fun!
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Clear spirits are all the same about 42cals and 0 carbs. Mix that with any diet beverage and you'll stay the same with a little added sodium. Flavored spirits add flavor with less cals than mixing with a full flavor beverage or juice.
    Examples:
    Citrus vodka and diet sprite
    bicardi and diet coke
    Gin and diet sprite with cherries
    Pinnacle Whipped vodka and diet cream soda

Stay clear from wines...always 110+cals per glass.

Budwiser 55 is the best beer choice. If you are at a dive that doesn't have it, go for Coor's light which about 100 cals a bottle.
  • ckspores
    Options
    Skinny Girl margaritas and sangria are okay if you are looking for a mixer.
  • kimfield99
    kimfield99 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If you liek mixed drinks then it is just a matter of making simple switches to the mixer to reduce the calories. I switched from tonic to club soda with gin or vodka and it saved tons of calories, still has the fizz factor and it is something you can get at every bar. Add a slice of lemon or lime to give it flavor without adding loads of calories.

7 cals per gram of alcohol - key to making drinks stretch is finding good mixers...

Another really good option tastes like orange gatorade - shot of orange flavored vodke with a splash of bitters topped with water over ice. Delicious and again relatively low calories...