What Would You Do

Options
What is the first thing you would do if you suddenly became a million dollars richer? I'd call up my apartment manager and the president of the company and tell them to kiss my *kitten*, I am out. Screw a thirty day notice and I'm leaving all the furniture. :laugh:

Replies

• foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    pay off my debts
  • TommyWR
    Options
    I would just walk out. Leave my keys, my phone, my name badge, everything on the desk and smile while I was doing it!
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    First (after picking myself up off the floor because I fainted) - pay off ALL of my debt (student loans and car). I know, the practical answer. :) Then I would proceed to travel...
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    pay off my debts

this. a million dollars is not a lot of money any more.
  • Ireshgurl
    Options
    Pay off all my debt, buy my dream car, and buy a house with a "motherinlaw suite" for my Momma. And if there was anything left over, travel!! First stop, Ireland!!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    pay off my debts

this. a million dollars is not a lot of money any more.

No kidding.
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    First thing I would pay off my mortgage, next I would go to the local Ford dealer and order my brand new Shelby GT500 Vert and as soon as I got my car I would be off to the beach.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I would have to go with paying off my debts including my house...and maybe renovate it and add on. Boring, I know, but we have this discussion at work all of the time, 1 million dollars isn't enough to live off of forever so it'd be a nice boost, but not much more than that. Unless you could use it to start up a business that became successful...different story there :)
  • BecomingMyself
    Options
    Just the same as my debt is here now, it would be still be there after I spent every single dollar. They are keeping the same payment plan, not a buck of my million is going to them. Lol
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    pay the taxes on it and spend the rest on lunch.
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'd buy the threeplex I'm living in. Finish installing the lights down in the basement, Kick my Room mate out, and have my boyfriend of 8 years move in. I'd also kick out my neighbors on the one side. 4 ,18 year olds who just graduated. So Loud and annoying and down right rude!.

And Go Being Canadian. Don't have to pay taxes on it!
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    First thing I would pay off my mortgage, next I would go to the local Ford dealer and order my brand new Shelby GT500 Vert and as soon as I got my car I would be off to the beach.

I ♥ Mustangs! Have you seen the Iacocca mustang?

Me? I'd pay off everything & put the rest in the bank for my kids college.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    It's only 10 years worth of a nice salary so you can stop being a dual-income family if you choose but remember, if you aren't Canadian, you lose 50% to tax so that's only 5 years .

If you win when you are 60 then retire if you haven't already, if you're 20 you better keep working and invest at least 70% of that money so that you can retire by 40 or so.

Sorry to be a buz kill :)
  • brbetha01
    brbetha01 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Pay off debt... go to law school... anonymously help a few friends out with their debt.
  • vivanuevo
    Options
    Pay off my debts, house. Travel for a couple of months and find a beach house somewhere in latin america to buy. The adventure would be soooo much fun.....:flowerforyou:
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Move to San Diego...
  • vivanuevo
    Options
    Pay off my debts, house. Travel for a couple of months and find a beach house somewhere in latin america to buy. The adventure would be soooo much fun.....:flowerforyou:
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Pay off all my debt, buy my dream car, and buy a house with a "motherinlaw suite" for my Momma. And if there was anything left over, travel!! First stop, Ireland!!

A fine choice and we would be very happy to welcome you. Especially with the million bucks n all.
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Pay off all my debts, repair the little things my car needs to last a long time (I hate car payments!), refurnish my entire apartment, buy new clothes that actually fit and are not falling off like everything I own right now, Take both my cats to the vet to get the treatment, pay off grad school out of pocket, sign up for the distance runners class at my gym, register now for marathons I want to run, save a ton of it, and then travel!! Maybe even more to NYC for a bit.
  • manderann
    Options
    Quit my day job!! And then when I got home after telling everyone to **** off, I'd start writing the checks to pay off the little debt I have left, put some away for retirement, invest in some more Passion Parties inventory ... and GO SHOPPING! :bigsmile: