What Would You Do

Options

Replies

• Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    After I payed everything off...move to colorado,buy big *kitten* house in the country,buy brand new suburban,put $ away for college,have a wedding(got married at the courthouse),pay for my husband to start his own buisness, then id take my kids to the mall and let them go crazy. That's a good start lol
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Would go on a cruise and use the rest to help others in need...Don't have any debt thanks to www.daveramsey.com :flowerforyou:
  • gettinghealthy777
    Options
    Most likely help my family and those truly in need, including our furry little friends
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    One million isn't enough to support this family for the rest of my life, so I'll have to invest a good portion of it into a new, sustainable career that will.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Quit the Coast Guard (which you can do if you can prove you have a million dollars)
    Pay off my debt
    by a house in CA
    Invest some of it and use the rest to pay off my families debt

Finally: Find a job that I love even if it only pays a smidge because I won't have a morgage or debt so I don't need to make too much
  • kathied41
    Options
    I would buy a house near the beach and hubby a new truck and maybe visit my aunt in Ca
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Would go on a cruise and use the rest to help others in need...Don't have any debt thanks to www.daveramsey.com :flowerforyou:

I :heart: dave ramsey....currently on baby step #2
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    pay the taxes on it and spend the rest on lunch.

aw, you don't live in Canada! lottery winnings are tax free here.

i would pay off my house finish fixing it and sell it and buy one with a garage. pay off my other debts, buy a small boat, and take my family on a trip. I guess i would need passports!
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Assuming that $1,000,000 is what's left after taxes: (ballpark numbers, rounded up)

Student debt payoff: $60,000
    Misc debt payoff: $7,000
    Reliable vehicle: $15,000
    Pay off for grandparent debts: $75,000
    Pay off for mother's debts: $30,000
    Home and car for mother: $115,000
    Money for dad: $30,000
    Home for self: $150,000
    Kickback for BF's parents: $30,000
    Money for sibilings: $40,000
    Savings for nieces: $80,000
    Wedding to BF: $100,000
    Honeymoon: $18,000
    Investments: $250,000
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Spend about $25k on some home repair type projects I've been wanting to do, then invest the rest and use the future interest/income as play money.
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    First thing I would pay off my mortgage, next I would go to the local Ford dealer and order my brand new Shelby GT500 Vert and as soon as I got my car I would be off to the beach.

I ♥ Mustangs! Have you seen the Iacocca mustang?

Me? I'd pay off everything & put the rest in the bank for my kids college.

Yes the Iacocca is really nice but I think it was a prototype not sure Ford actually made them. If Ford is making them I will add that to my list of cars I want.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I'd say screw all this working out. Get every surgery and pill I could to get myself into my ideal body shape. Get a dietitian, trainer, personal Dr. anything to make me more fit.

tummy tuck, pec implants, botox, etc.
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Get one of my scripts in production and hope that the resulting film made enough money to then pay of my debt.
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    I would take one long vacation...
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Well the first thing I'd do is call my mommy and tell her that I have money for her :flowerforyou:
  • chickenhead99
    Options
    invest and live of the interest
  • kfitz10103
    Options
    pay the taxes on it and spend the rest on lunch.

You are HILARIOUS!
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    After paying off what tiny amount of debt I still have, I would use the money to bring alive my dream of opening up a vintage style movie theater that shows old fashioned and foreign films that doubles as a cafe in the daytime. There is an old city (been there since the 1700's- long than the United States itself) that would be just perfect for a place like that and it's nearby a couple colleges where I could advertise it and have a constant rotation of customers!

Someday, weather I win a million dollars or not, my dream will be realized. And I will be an independent (and totally awesome) business owner. :bigsmile:
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    The whole family moves to Hawaii next day, real estate agent comes and sells house and mails contents other than furniture. :drinker:

Some money to charity (for kids only), invest and live off the rest.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Pay off debts (of course)
    Buy a house in the country for me and my daughter
    (a modest house with a wrap around porch)
    Buy a nice, new dependable vehicle
    Invest some in a college fund for my daughter
    Invest some in a retirement fund for me
    Spend some on my family & friends