real name

Options
nakabi
nakabi Posts: 589 Member
So, I'm wondering how many of you use your real name on here? And if you don't, why not and how did you come up with your usename????

I'll start: My Ugandan name is Nakabi (meaning: dangerous female..and no, I'm not making that up lol), but I'll answer to Barbara.....My good friends know me as Nakabi, but no one seems to be able to remember it or pronounce it (it's not that hard..NA-KA-BEE).

Tag:you're next!

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    My name is way to complicated for the common Joe lol. Seriously, it is, but heck I'll entertain you anyways :P

iuliana

It's Romanian. I go by Julie/iuli to the rest of the world outside my family/friends because they cannot pronounce it. The only person who was able to pronounce on the first shot and without me even helping him or giving tips was my husband.... yeah he's awesome like that and that's why he is my husband, lol.

With regards to screen name, I've been using kapeluza since 1998. It's the editorial to my favorite book!
  • KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    :-p

I'm not that creative...so my username is my first name (Kyle) and the state which I live in (GA - Georgia)!

Cheers!

Now who's next...lol
  • quichebradford
    quichebradford Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    My name is Kesha. Most of my friends at work call me Kesh (pronounced like quiche) and my last name is Bradford so there you have it...quichebradford
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Kimdbro = first three letters of my first name, middle initial, first three letters of my last name.

- Kimberly (Kim)
  • imaprncs
    imaprncs Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    IMAPRNCS - that is what my licence plate is which my dad bought for me many years ago (i'm a princess :) AKA - Angelina (but I go by Angie)
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    When I first started I had a different user name it was Akupara (and some random number after that) which means "world turtle" mostly because I like anything to do with turtles and always like the imagery associated with it but now I just use my real name which is Amber.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    My username is a name that is very real to me - it is a pen name I came up with 20 years ago when I was doing some writing.

I have been known by this name, online and in person, for over 15 years now. It isn't my legal name, but that's easy to find, too!

I do mix it up now with another online personna, since there is another "raevynn" out there, who isn't me... the other personna is cronewynd.

I'll also answer to "trouble", "gorgeous", "sexy", and "hot mama", depending on who's talking to me! :wink:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    JQ actually has nothing to do with my name, which is Casey. JQ are the initials of a fake name I use when I sign up for stuff on the Internet.
  • Ireshgurl
    Options
    My screen name is one I've been using for years. It's much more fun then my real name, which is Carrie..... boring, lol.
  • lucythinmint
    Options
    Lucy is not my real name, its actually Shawna.

Lucy is a name I have come to use over the years as an alter ego type of thing. I used it on here because when I started on this site I was still lost in my eating disorder and I didn't want anyone to know who I was. I didn't even use a real picture.

I am now almost 6 months out of that and I am doing everything healthy and the way I should, the name is just still there.

Lucy is still my other me, just not the ashamed one anymore :D

*edit- spelling
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    CARRRRRRRRRRRIE! is my real name. And it's not boring at all!! ;]]
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    My real name is Mike Hunt.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    My name is Ryan. 37Strange was the name for me and my buddies band freshman year of college, it was just for fun. I changed it to 27strange for MFP because when I joined I was 27 years old and didn't want people to get the impression my age was 37 based on my username.
  • crnaiwilb
    Options
    Mine defines my life right now & my goal of becoming a nurse anesthetist (CRNA) I will Be!! fingers crossed & lots of work ahead.
    Graduation is set for April 2012!
  • Tzipporah90
    Options
    My username is my name! My name is Tzipporah, yes noone can pronounce it! The TZ is really pronounced somewhat like an S. (There is no letter in the american alpha bet that is the exact spelling of my name.)
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I use my super-secret alias.

But really, mine is quite obviously my name.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    My username is my name! My name is Tzipporah, yes noone can pronounce it! The TZ is really pronounced somewhat like an S. (There is no letter in the american alpha bet that is the exact spelling of my name.)

That sounds like a really cool name. Where are you from?
  • Tzipporah90
    Options
    Its an Israeli name!
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    My real name is Cheryl.....but I prefer to be called Cherrie (pronounced Sheri). Lea ( pronounced Lee) is my middle name. So my username is a combination of the two. :smile:
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    My real name is Jaclyn. My husband started calling me Jaks when we were dating and it stuck. Almost every single person I talk to calls me Jaks now.

The Jelly comes from the fact that him and I go together like PB&J. He uses PB when he makes a username and I'm Jelly.

Yes it's corny as hell. Feel free to laugh. I felt silly just writing it :laugh: