Zumba ?

Options
So some of my girlfriends want me to try Zumba with them... I am a little scared to try it, because I have no rhythm :(

Any tips or advice???

Thxs!

Replies

• starsonhold
    Options
    Make it a fun experience! Going with your friends, and go to the back of the room at first, til you feel confident! :smile:
  • heididormanen
    Options
    just do it.. you definitely wont be the only there with no rythm... thats what is great about it.. the classes are full of all kinds of people. You just do your best and laugh at the end!!
  • shnazzy
    shnazzy Posts: 213
    Options
    just try neither do i and i loveit!!!!
  • Leegree
    Options
    It is great as it gives you several levels to use if your not ready for the full bang. Stick with it if you can. It is fun and works.
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    It is SO MUCH FUN!!! The best part is "there are no mistakes in Zumba"!!! And I always say if you are moving, and you are having fun, you are doing it right! :) Go with your friends, have fun
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Don't go to the back of the room -- just get in there and do it - right smack dab in the middle! You'll have fun!!
  • JMM_623_
    JMM_623_ Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of people who don't have rhythm in my Zumba class :) As long as you're moving, it doesn't really matter. Have fun!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Do it!! I have 2 left feet and I've been doing it for almost 9 months. Very fun and a great workout.
  • jenn2782
    Options
    LOL I have no rythm either but LOVE ZUMBA...And believe me you won't be the only one there that isn't a dancer....Dancers have a natural flow to them that not everyone has..Go you'll love it and its such a great work out.
  • teasie0616
    teasie0616 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    and if you even 'sort-of' like it- stick with it. It only gets easier (and so much more fun!) I thought I had no coordination, but now I love Zumba and dancing in general. It is one of my favourite forms of exercise.

Good luck and have fun!
  • hardatwork45
    hardatwork45 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    its all about having fun, there are a lot of people in the class that i'm in that have no rythm but noone is really watching them, you're too busy trying to keep up. I promise you it will be loads of fun and no one's watching. I used to get in the back of the class because I didn't want anyone to see and some of the moves are kind of sexy and I felt awkward at first but about 10 minutes into the class you will forget about everything. Just go with the intent to have fun, we have a lot of laughing in our class, its so much fun
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Go! After a few class you will catch on to some of the moves. it is so much fun. It is a dance party.
  • thinagain2011
    thinagain2011 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with everyone who replied. I was so nervous just at the thought of it But as mentioned before, there are all sorts of ppl who go to zumba classes and in my experience, everyone is too focused on following the instructors moves that ppl dont have time to look around and judge. Just try it and the main goal is just to keep moving and have fun! so if theres a move you cant do, just keep moving and smiling. One class and youll be hooked....promise!!
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I have no rythem and cannot follow someone thats why I wasn't a cheerleader. I go in there and jump around and shake my butt as much as I can! I do try to stay in step but sometimes I look around and I am doing something the complete opposite as everyone else. I dont care, I sweat and Im exhausted when done so its a success.! Just go for it!
  • ChrissyS067
    Options
    I can't dance AT ALL either, but I bougt Zumba for the Wii and I soooo love it! I do it every day! I hear the music in my head and I start shakin' it...Ha!! It is fun and time flies by, before you know it, it's time for the cool down. I don't know how they do it in the actual class, but on Wii it's almost like a belly dance type of thing and it's so fun! It's my fav part! It WORKS!! :)
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    Dont worry, get stuck in there...its like a night out with the girls without the wine or the hangover the next day! Theres no wrong way to do it, just enjoy it. Got my second class of the week tonight and I cant wait :happy:
  • smz63001
    smz63001 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You guys are all awesome! Thank you so much for your feedback. My friends will be happy to hear that you all talked me into it!! I am going to try Zumba tomorrow night!!!
    5010 Posts: 59
    Options
    I go every Mon it really is good fun the time just goes so fast it's like one big party ,please try it and let me know how much you enjoyed it Diane x x
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    My advice just do it! Its so much fun. I have no rhythm either. But its so much fun and you burn INSANE calories..
    My tips.... dont over twist your back the first day or so. It can hurt.. :(:)
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I had no rhythm either when I first started..but when I started, I said if I mess up, I mess up..lol, but I stayed in the back for about a month til I got the hang of it..and now I'm in the front...lol..and now I love doing the Zumba Demo's, can't peel me away from the dancing..hehe!!! :wink: