Zumba ?

Options

Replies

• Goofy076
    Goofy076 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    OHHHH you will love it, its so much fun and you get the bestest burn :) the first couple times you will trip a few times, god knows I still do HAHA but you will love it :)
  • blue4myeyes
    blue4myeyes Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm SO glad to hear that you decided to try it!! Was going to chime in with the others, but now I don't need to. I've been zumba'ing for about 2 months and I am literally addicted. It played a big part in my 25 pound loss. Now we can't wait for you to come on here Saturday and let us know what you thought!!
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    This makes me so excited for my first Zumba class tonight. I can't wait!
  • blue4myeyes
    Options

Awesome! I hope you will post back and let us know what you thought, too!! Have fun!! :smile:
  • carmelasergi
    carmelasergi Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm SO glad to hear that you decided to try it!! Was going to chime in with the others, but now I don't need to. I've been zumba'ing for about 2 months and I am literally addicted. It played a big part in my 25 pound loss. Now we can't wait for you to come on here Saturday and let us know what you thought!!

Hi blue4myeyes ~ I just started zumba 2 weeks ago and LOVE it! I have the Zumba Exhilerate DVD set. Do you go to zumba class or do you zumba at home with a DVD? A 25 lb. weight loss is GREAT! Congrats!
  • kritty123
    Options
    Don't go to the back of the room -- just get in there and do it - right smack dab in the middle! You'll have fun!!

AMEN!!! COULD NOT AGREE MORE!!! Go out there and have a BLAST!!!
  • smz63001
    smz63001 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Going to Zumba intro class tonight! Its only a 1/2 hour... this is good for my first time! :tongue:
  • carmelasergi
    carmelasergi Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Going to Zumba intro class tonight! Its only a 1/2 hour... this is good for my first time! :tongue:

Remember, the only rule in Zumba is to have FUN! Let us know how you like it.
  • leilani♥
    Options
    get a good view of the instructor so you can copy their moves. The first time I went to a ZUMBA class I made the mistake of standing in the back in a corner. I couldn't follow what was going on at all. Lesson learned!! Now I stand right smack dab in the middle front row next to the instructor. I get a better workout that way and if there's a confusing foot move I am right there to see it up close and personal so I can learn it better :) HAVE FUN!
  • blue4myeyes
    Options

Hi blue4myeyes ~ I just started zumba 2 weeks ago and LOVE it! I have the Zumba Exhilerate DVD set. Do you go to zumba class or do you zumba at home with a DVD? A 25 lb. weight loss is GREAT! Congrats!

Thank you!!!! I take it at my gym -- 24 hr fitness in my area has classes pretty much everyday. I wish I could motivate myself to do DVDs (I'd love to try this P90X stuff) but I just never follow through if I am alone. :( Going to the gym and meeting other students really works for me. What about you? Do you do DVDs or at a studio/gym?
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Our instructor just says Fake It Till You Make it!!!! It's so fun = GO :happy:
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options

Awesome! I hope you will post back and let us know what you thought, too!! Have fun!! :smile:

I'm not too sure about it. It was held at the local Curves so I ended up doing Zumba and the Curves circuit. It was not as much fun as I thought it would be, not as hardcore as everyone seems to say it is, but I know the resistance training on the circuit is good for me. I went ahead and signed up for the two week trial so I will get 3 more classes in before I make my final decision. I hear 2 more gyms in the area offer Zumba so I may give them a try after this or I will get the game for my Wii and some weights for my own strength training.
  • SpartanTrainer
    Options
    Just Do it!! It's fun and it works!! When I first started I had 2 left feet on the 10th week the right stepped out. Now I'm in the front of the room and have helped create some awesome choreography - now a few instructors are trying to encourage me to go for instructor cert.!!!
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I am afraid I might be the only dude in a zumba class. So I take cardio/kickbox class instead. :smile:
  • Tralee1111
    Tralee1111 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I have two left feet and I am in the front of our sessions at work! Since I was the one who suggested getting the dvds, I wanted people to realize that none of us are professional dancers and to not all crowd in the back so no one would see them! It's a matter of going at your own pace, modifying moves that you find difficult.

But at least you're moving!
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Go to this blog and look for her entry on Zumba.... It is hilarious and profoundly accurate

http://*****esgottaeat.blogspot.com/
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Oops... The starred letter spell out the b word.... As in female dog
  • blondebandbabe
    blondebandbabe Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just a thought, but try Zumba somewhere that ....isn't curves... from my experience, any class at curves is not nearly like the real thing you'd get at a rec center or other gym. I took a few different classes at my local curves and it was NOTHING compared to the same class at my rec center. I was told that alot of Curves has a little bit ''older'' crowd, as far as not many teens and 20 somethings. Try zumba somewhere else before you give up
  • mags2504
    Options
    It is SO MUCH FUN!!! The best part is "there are no mistakes in Zumba"!!! And I always say if you are moving, and you are having fun, you are doing it right! :) Go with your friends, have fun
    I quite agree, there are no rules to zumba.
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I am afraid I might be the only dude in a zumba class. So I take cardio/kickbox class instead. :smile:

The head instructor at the studio in my area is a guy. There are always guys in his class.