2»

Replies

• shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • marquesajen
    Options
    I make banana strawberry ones with ovaltine for some chocolate flavor. I love ovaltine.

Also toss in a handful of spinach or kale with a fruit smoothie, try a spoonful of avocado, some mint leaves, anything that looks good!
  • janegeno
    janegeno Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup OJ
    1/2 cup milk
    1/2 cup ice
    1 egg
    dash vanilla
    artificial sweetener to taste (4 packets-ish)

Like Ohmigawd breakfast at the mall.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking smoothies for a long time. Until recently they were yogurt based - 1/2 cup of low fat yogurt, 1 Tbs peanut butter, 1/2 cup of almond milk and usually 1/2 cup of blueberries. Now I use 1 scoop of protein powder, a cup of unsweetened almond milk, 1 tbs peanut butter9or almond). For the first time this morning I added 1/2 cup of rolled oats. It made for a very filling breakfast. Seriously I normally get hungry mid-morning but this sucker filled me up for almost 4 hours!
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    I've been drinking smoothies for a long time. Until recently they were yogurt based - 1/2 cup of low fat yogurt, 1 Tbs peanut butter, 1/2 cup of almond milk and usually 1/2 cup of blueberries. Now I use 1 scoop of protein powder, a cup of unsweetened almond milk, 1 tbs peanut butter9or almond). For the first time this morning I added 1/2 cup of rolled oats. It made for a very filling breakfast. Seriously I normally get hungry mid-morning but this sucker filled me up for almost 4 hours!

I saw this mentioned above and I think I'm going to try it...what is the texture like? gritty?
  • idauria
    Options
    It was not gritty at all. I put it on my blender on the liquefy setting for a minute or two until everything was uniform. It was thick and delicious. I thought the oatmeal would make it gloppy but instead it gave it more of a velvety feel. I might do this every day since I don't eat cereal or eggs and I never cared for hot oatmeal.
  • GAJessica
    Options
    Is it like an Orange Julius?
  • janegeno
    janegeno Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yes, almost. Fake sugar of course tastes different. I am still tweaking the number of packets and exactly how much vanilla I like best.
  • mailgal2000
    Options
    Hello...I love smoothies too. For a little coco try a coco extract. You can find this at special shop for bakers. I also like to put shredded carrots with blueberry, protein, yogurt, minus milk just try ice cubs & a splash of orange juice of canned fruit. Enjoy!
  • janetb21
    janetb21 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    1 c frozen mixed berries (blueberries, blackberries and raspberries is what I use)
    1 scoop vanilla creme natural whey powder
    6 oz water

It's delicious and the berries are so good for you.
  • baptistgirl23
    baptistgirl23 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    My favorite right now: 1 cup Kefir, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 1/2 cup frozen blackberries, 1 tbsp agave nectar, 1 stevia packet. YUM! :o)
  • idauria
    Options
    Yesterday for an afternoon snack I did 1 scoop of protein powder, 3 cups of baby spinach and 1/2 cup of blueberries with a cup of water. It was more of a "green" smoothie. It's definitely a good way for me to get in my veggies. It looks gross but tastes alright. It's actually my protein powder that doesn't taste too great.