Is it ok to eat PAM, The buttered flavor??

Options
13»

Replies

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,990 Member
    Options
    LOL!

I recently made some hollandaise sauce for eggs benedict that I trated myself this past weekend.

Used 1/2 stick of butter and 4 egg yolks to make the sauce and poured 4 tbsps (2 each) over the poached eggs.

And you're worried about some zero or min cal buttered Pam? LOL!

Whatever amount of Pam you want to use to "flavor" your food won't matter WHATSOEVER in terms of xals or "health" risks (even if there are any).

So, don't listen to any naysayers here. I say "spray away" to your heart's delight." :)

• ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    msblueyes5 wrote: »
    Ok so this might be a very strange question but tonight I want to have some brown rice with some crab meat mixed in with it.. I wanted to spray it with the buttered flavor PAm and alittle bit of seasoning because the spray has 0 calories with the buttery taste..I was just curious about the cons of this spray if there are any?? Thanks!

I use it a lot. Not the highest smoke point, which can be an issue depending on what you're cooking. Don't forget to weigh the bottle before and after (it's oil, so 9 calories per gram).
  • ritzvin
    Options
    yeah, I wouldn't spray it on top. It doesn't ACTUALLY have that buttery of a taste. You'd be better off with something else, personally I'd use real butter. You'd only need a TINY bit and it it's really so much better for you. No chemicals or anything.
    Well I definetly don't want to use it if it doesn't tast like butter then lol..I will probably pick up some I cant beleive its not butter and try that out...Thanks for the info!

It does add a buttery taste (I mostly use it for pan cooking, but have sprayed it on oatmeal, already cooked veggies out of laziness.. not quite as tasty as butter, but more convenient)
  • ritzvin
    Options
    Cooking spray i think you should only use to cook with. But you can buy parkay spray butter, or i cant believe its not butter spray to eat witth and they r 0 cals also!!!
    Thats what everyone is say. I think I will try the I can't believe its not butter! Thanks so much :)

That's what I WAs going to recommend also! I love that stuff! Thanks everyone for the info about it actually having calories. I will have to take it into account, but I still feel like I'm saving calories than If I used the real thing.

I never tried I can't believe it's not butter! Now im excited to test it out lol!

It’s great for corn on the cob! Everything has calories except water, so you have to be aware of that when counting calories. It’s not as good as real butter, but saves a lot of calories, for me as I tend to use more butter than I should. I use it on air popped popcorn too.

Ditto on the popcorn. (Usually followed with cheddar powder).