LiveFit 12 Week Trainer - Jamie Eason

Options
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-introduction.html

Anyone doing this program ? I am thinking about starting it...but am unsure of whether I should or not....it looks great though...:smile:

Any help or recommendations would be excellent and very much appriciated! :bigsmile:

Replies

• 0SimplymeStacyLea0
    Options
    No but I may later on down the road......she is just awesome!! Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • laurenlei
    Options
    Im doing it, although my workouts have been a little off the past 3 days! Started the Monday before last. Ive been weight training for a while now so im just using the workout plans so i actually have something set to follow, im not following the meal plan. I love it so far, its quick, i feel good, and i can see it working!!
  • RebeccaIngham
    RebeccaIngham Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Haven't even heard of that until now but it looks like it would be great! And Jamie is pretty awesome too. I'm going to look at it even more & might add it to my workouts in one way or another. Let me know if you end up deciding for sure to start it, okay?
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone...yeah I will let you all know if I do decide to start...I am thinking that I may hit the gym tonight and start...thats why I am trying to get everyones opinions and see what would be best to do....I have heard that her plans are pretty good though...so I am really leaning towards it! :smile:
  • lbeasey
    lbeasey Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Looks interesting...have to do some more looking to see if I can really do this.
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    I haven't done it. I didn't even know the site existed until you posted the link. I did do a lot of searching thru her program and I think it looks incredible! I can't believe she gives you all that information, meal plans, exercise plans for free. The only thing I didn't like was some of the exercises look like you might need a gym or something like a Bowflex to do them. Other than that I say, Go For It!!!
  • countrygirl_717
    Options
    bump
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it. I didn't even know the site existed until you posted the link. I did do a lot of searching thru her program and I think it looks incredible! I can't believe she gives you all that information, meal plans, exercise plans for free. The only thing I didn't like was some of the exercises look like you might need a gym or something like a Bowflex to do them. Other than that I say, Go For It!!!

I KNOW right ? Free, that is the awesome part..and yeah I think that you do have to use a gym but for me that isnt an issue cause I have a gym membership...its just that I hardly ever use it, I usually just workout at home...so this will kick my butt into gear to actually use the membership, HAHA! :laugh: :tongue:
  • alyssamehus
    alyssamehus Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just started this program last night and it is literally exactly what I was looking for! I have been looking for a good strength training schedule for the last couple of weeks and this looks perfect to me. I really like how she splits up the different areas of the body (chest/triceps, back/biceps, legs, etc.) into different days so you are working a very specific part each day. Being a cardio lover, I have decided to add 30 minutes of cardio to the strength days just because I feel better after getting at least a little cardio in. I know by phase 2 she adds her own cardio to the mix but, this should work for me, I am hoping! Would love to hear what other people think about it? Are others following the nutrition guidelines as well? Personally, with work and my shedule it is kind of difficult to follow her guidelines but I am trying to incorporate similar nutritional substitutes and stay on a healthy eating plan. Best of luck to all those who are starting/thinking of starting! Day 2 for me :)
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    I'm not following her workout guide because I have P90X, Insanity and Turbo Fire. But I have been following her eating plan since Sat. I really like it so far. I get to eat 5-6 times a day, I don't feel like I'm starving and I'm staying within my calorie budget. Definitely check out her recipes. The site is a little hard to navigate but it's worth it. I made her carrot protein bars yesterday and they are Delicious!!!!
  • jamielr84
    Options
    I finished day 4 this morning. I really like it! I haven't really been following the eating plan, just logging my food like normal on here though. I am also adding in a little cardio. Running 3 days a week for 30 mins. I am sore, sore, sore today. Hopefully next week I won't be as sore!
  • jereedy1089
    jereedy1089 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey! I was actually looking at this plan as well last weekend! Someone recommended it to me. I am thinking about starting it as well. If I do I am defintley going to stick to her nutritional plan as closely as I can. I know from doing alot of research that the body needs plenty of protein when you are trying to build muscle/weight train. So I would say you should probably follow her plan pretty closely. Your results will depend more on what you put in your mouth and eating extremely clean than the exercise part. I have learned that in the past couple months and my body feels 100% better because of it. My only concern with this program is whether or not it is for someone like me who needs to lose about 20-30 pounds of fat because I am in that catagory because there is no cardio involved what so ever. I know muscle burns fat but I am not sure if weightlifting is enough to get the fat off my body. I am going to get a few more opinions myself and then decide whether or not I will start it. It looks awesome honestly and Jamie Eason knows what she is talking about...just look at her! lol
  • lasttimelooser
    lasttimelooser Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    After reading your post, I looked into her workout plan and decided to start last night. She is right, it will take about an hour just to go through the reps. I did not go to the gym so I did the alternative workouts at home. Since the first day is Chest/Triceps, I can really feel it. But that is a good thing. Like the others, I plan to add a little cardio as well.
  • lasttimelooser
    Options
    I almost forgot, I love the fact that is free. I've been wanting to do the 90X or boot camp but I do not have extra money for that so this is perfect for me.
  • lasttimelooser
    Options
    The only thing I didn't like was some of the exercises look like you might need a gym or something like a Bowflex to do them. Other than that I say, Go For It!!!

When you look at the workouts, at the bottom it does give you alternative workouts so it makes it really easy to do it at home. We'll see how it goes with the legs workout.
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    The only thing I didn't like was some of the exercises look like you might need a gym or something like a Bowflex to do them. Other than that I say, Go For It!!!

When you look at the workouts, at the bottom it does give you alternative workouts so it makes it really easy to do it at home. We'll see how it goes with the legs workout.
    Thanks for posting this. Somehow I missed the alternate workouts, I'll have to check them out!
  • jamielr84
    Options
    Hey! I was actually looking at this plan as well last weekend! Someone recommended it to me. I am thinking about starting it as well. If I do I am defintley going to stick to her nutritional plan as closely as I can. I know from doing alot of research that the body needs plenty of protein when you are trying to build muscle/weight train. So I would say you should probably follow her plan pretty closely. Your results will depend more on what you put in your mouth and eating extremely clean than the exercise part. I have learned that in the past couple months and my body feels 100% better because of it. My only concern with this program is whether or not it is for someone like me who needs to lose about 20-30 pounds of fat because I am in that catagory because there is no cardio involved what so ever. I know muscle burns fat but I am not sure if weightlifting is enough to get the fat off my body. I am going to get a few more opinions myself and then decide whether or not I will start it. It looks awesome honestly and Jamie Eason knows what she is talking about...just look at her! lol

You are exactly right! The results will probably be dramatically different if the eating plan is followed. I have only finished my first week, but haven't been following the eating plan. I think I will try to follow it from here on out. I have a lot of weight to lose, so I am adding in some cardio in the first phase even though she says not to. Not too much, just 25 mins of cross training (bike, eliptical, etc..) on Monday, and 30 min runs on tues, thurs, and then a long run on Saturday.

Good luck everyone! I am glad there are others trying this program. Hopefully we can keep each other motivated. I know I am going to need lots of it to keep up this getting up at 5am to hit the gym!
  • alyssamehus
    alyssamehus Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Just finished Week1Day3 Legs workout and it went surprisingly well! I forget how much more weight my legs are able to handle compared to arms...like so much more. Ha! I really need to concentrate on upper body strength though and I feel like this program is so great for those of us who are not avid weight lifters. Personally, whenever I step into the weight room I just kind of run around from machine to machine not really keeping track of what muscles I am actually working. I just love the schedule to this and really hope everyone will stick to it and support one another!
  • jamielr84
    Options
    Today is my rest day! Week one done! I can't wait until next week, I can push myself and won't feel so lost since I now know how to do all the exercises. How is everyone sticking to the food plan? I am going to try and follow it as close as I can this week. I only lost 1lb this week, but I wasn't eating the greatest, so I'll take it. I am still sore from all the workouts this week, so I am going to enjoy my rest days. Except for Saturday, I think I'll probably go for a run. Have a great weekend everybody!
  • irongirl73
    irongirl73 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm going into the third week. So far, Iove it! I have a hard time wanting to eat eggs at night though, so I'm skipping that! :)