LiveFit 12 Week Trainer - Jamie Eason

Options

Replies

• alyssamehus
    alyssamehus Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    So happy to see others are loving this as much as I do! I have Week1day4 'Shoulders and Abs' this afternoon and am looking forward to it! Don't know about you guys but I don't think I can possibly take 3 complete rest days so my plan is to get some good cardio in this weekend and then hit the weights again next week. Have a great, STRONG, weekend everyone :)
  • lasttimelooser
    lasttimelooser Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Week 1, Day 3 for me. So far I love this. I am sore but its a good sore.

Have a nice weekend everyone :tongue:
  • Jessicapages
    Options
    I am starting on monday!! Can't wait and I will be doing the diet plan to a T!!
  • Jessicapages
    Options
    Can you tell me where the alternative workouts are? I will be doing this at home and I was going to do P90X legs for the leg day,but if I can do one of her's that would be GREAT!! thanks:smile:
  • jamielr84
    Options
    Week 2 day 1 completed this morning! I also hopped on the elliptical for 25 mins after I finished. I can't wait to see if i have any changes after the first month.
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    The only thing I didn't like was some of the exercises look like you might need a gym or something like a Bowflex to do them. Other than that I say, Go For It!!!

When you look at the workouts, at the bottom it does give you alternative workouts so it makes it really easy to do it at home. We'll see how it goes with the legs workout.

I couldnt actually find the alternatives at the bottom?
  • lasttimelooser
    Options
    The alternative workouts. When you click on the video, go to the bottem and it will give you alternatives.

Example for Leg Presses, it works out your Quadriceps so click on the alternative or even the alternative to the alternative until you can find something you can do a home.

Example: http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/barbell-hack-squat
    IF you have free weights at home you can do somehting like this. The point is to workout the muscle for the day.

Hope this helps.
  • alyssamehus
    Options
    Haven't been around here in a while (but I am still plugging away at the workouts! Week 2 Day 3 for me) but am curious how many of you are following/inspired by the food plan. If so, any good meal ideas?? I definitely want to try making the protein bars (which I have heard good things about) but what types of things have you been making for lunch? I pack a lunch for work during the week so would need something I could easily make the night before and pack along. Any suggestions would be much appreciated :bigsmile:
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I started LiveFit yesterday. I was going to do the New Rules of Lifting for Women, but it just didn't seem to "do it" for me. Jaimie's program seems to be it. It's almost like what I used to do with the trainer. Wasn't too sore this morning, but as the day goes on....... I guess tomorrow it will be worse.

I am following the meal plan. It's pretty much how I eat anyway. I take my lunch everyday. Normally during the summer it's a huge salad (the guys call it my "Jethro bowl"). They can't believe I can eat it all. When it starts getting cooler, chili, stew, soup, etc. I always try to have a back up - frozen broccoli and sliced turkey usually. It does take some planning, but if I don't I end up eating stuff that's not good for me.
  • jamielr84
    Options
    Week 2 Day 3 done! I managed to pop the pin out of the machine while I was doing the leg extensions this morning! :embarassed: Guess my legs are getting stronger!
  • alyssamehus
    Options
    Week 2 Day 3 done! I managed to pop the pin out of the machine while I was doing the leg extensions this morning! :embarassed: Guess my legs are getting stronger!

HA HA! Yessss. New NSV?!

Keep it up ladies!!! Shoulders/Abs for me tonight. Can't wait :wink:
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 3 yesterday. I wasn't really sure about the weight on the leg press, so guessed and then added. Wasn't really sore this morning when I woke up, but it's already getting starting. Shoulders & abs tonight - and a softball game at 9. Hopefully I can still move at game time!
  • alyssamehus
    Options
    I made the pumpkin protein bars the other night and they are DELISH! For 0.7 grams of fat per bar (without walnuts) and 4g protein? Can't beat it!
  • jamielr84
    Options
    I made the pumpkin protein bars the other night and they are DELISH! For 0.7 grams of fat per bar (without walnuts) and 4g protein? Can't beat it!

Where did you find the recipe for those?

I accidentally slept right through my alarm clock on Thursday morning, so I had to switch my 4th workout this week to Friday. I did get up this morning and do it though. Shoulders & abs, and 25 mins on the treadmill. What a great way to start Friday off! Can't wait for 4:00 and I am OUT of here!
  • lasttimelooser
    Options
    My son's school had their "Open House" last night and I did not have time to get my Day 4 this week. Today I need to get my Day 4 done.

Have a nice weekend everyone.
  • alyssamehus
    Options
  • jamielr84
    Options
    Thanks for the link!
    Anyone finished week 3 day 1 yet? I did it this morning and it was killer! My legs were wobbling all over the place when I finished. I am not looking forward to how sore I am going to me tomorrow.
  • alyssamehus
    Options
    O.M.G. Those single leg deadlifts KILLED me! Beware. My legs were wobbly and sore for about 3 days after that workout. Ew. Even though sometimes I like the soreness because it really makes me feel like I did something, it kind of deterred me from going to the gym since I could barely walk. Ha! I guess you gotta find a happy medium sometimes. Nice to have a little break though after and concentrate on arms for a few days.
  • jamielr84
    Options
    My butt and the back of my legs are SO SORE today! I can barely stand up or sit down. Are you sticking with legs 2 days a week? The way I feel today, I am thinking of picking one of the other days to repeat. Apparently my legs need it though! I guess I will see how I feel when Friday comes. I didnt get up and go to the gym this morning because I have a sick kid. So I will just have to switch a rest day to today and hit the gym on Saturday.