For the ladies: makeup question

Options
13»

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    For eyeshadows, MAC all the way.
    For mascara, my 2 favorite ones are Make Up Forever and Christian Dior's "Diorshow".
    For blush, MAC.
    And as for lips, I use Carmex in "cherry" flavor.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    As far as drugstore/wal-mart type make-up, I love Rimmel. I won't buy any other kind of eyeliner. Also the Covergirl smoothers foundation. I have significant scars on my face it does a great job of covering :)
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    For eyeshadows, MAC all the way.

MAC have some wonderful eyeshadows but I find them a bit hit or miss - some are pretty poor! Which are your favourites?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Good foundations imo:
    Revlon Colorstay - inexpensive, medium coverage, great thin texture, lasts long & doesn't rub off on clothing or men
    Natural FX - expensive, very good full coverage for problem skin, long lasting, will rub off on white clothing - no turtlenecks, yo.
    Bare Minerals - moderate price, decent coverage, apply with a light hand or you'll regret it and look like a cake factory

Favorite other stuff:
    Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Primer – this has become a must in my world, helps to balance out application of foundation over scars and helps it to last all day
    Urban Decay Eye Primer – you can sleep in your eyeliner and it won’t budge. This *kitten* is a gift from the baby Jesus.
    Origins Eyebrow Pencil (I’m missing chunks o’ eyebrow, so this is a necessary thing in my world)
    Urban Decay or MAC eye shadows rock
    Urban Decay 24/7 liner pencils
    Urban Decay Curling Mascara or good ol pink & green tube Maybelline
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I use Mary Kay skin care and makeup
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'm now dying to try this Dior mascara...
  • M155AUS
    M155AUS Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm a bare essentials girl for makeup, skin care clinique.
    I find bare essentails don't cake on and make your face feel free of makeup and not heavily made up like some foundations can. It isn't always cheap, but it lasts so long, so you don't have to replace it often and I use it every day for the office. Their eye shaddows are amazing as well, love, love, LOVE them. Such great colours.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I use a mixture of Maybelline and Cover Girl. Why do I like it? It's cheap.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I have really oily skin & can break out easily....
    I'm a huge fan of Neutrogena b/c there's usually acne medicene in the makeup and that helps me from having teenage break outs lol
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Fashion Fair...I just wanted to get in the conversation.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I myself like Mary Kay and MAC.
  • doinme2011
    doinme2011 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I always wanted to try makeup and never have! I don't even know how to put the stuff on:laugh: You are probably saying to yourselves a 30 year old that has never worn makeup and doesn't know how to put it on! yeah I know that's sad. I just have never been introduced to it. Plus I don't want my face to become dependent on it. However, I see so many women who look gorgeous and so "grown up" when they have on makeup. I am tired of people thinking that I am 22-23. If I go out with my son, they will ask if he is my brother and then when I tell them that he is my son, they assume that I had him at a very very young age.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I always wanted to try makeup and never have! I don't even know how to put the stuff on:laugh: You are probably saying to yourselves a 30 year old that has never worn makeup and doesn't know how to put it on! yeah I know that's sad. I just have never been introduced to it. Plus I don't want my face to become dependent on it. However, I see so many women who look gorgeous and so "grown up" when they have on makeup. I am tired of people thinking that I am 22-23. If I go out with my son, they will ask if he is my brother and then when I tell them that he is my son, they assume that I had him at a very very young age.

You must have amazing skin to look younger without makeup on! I think it works the other way for me... :laugh:
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Most of my make up is avon and mark. My brushes are mostly mark too.
    I love mark's eyeshadows since you can customize your own palette. I made my own nude palette.

As for non-avon/mark I like different brands, urban decay is my favorite for eyeshadows, so is kat von d. I like some mac things. I got a couple eyeshadows from them that I thought were unique like "club"es and "teal" pigment. I also recently got a blush from them I like.
  • skinnyjeans13
    Options
    I'm kind of makeup obsessed. On my face I use Make Up For Ever or Laura Mercier (but I like MUFE best.) All the blushes I own are from MAC, as are most of my lipsticks and glosses. I have a disturbing amount of MAC eyeshadows and a bunch of NARS ones... I'm starting to like Benefit more and more, especially their new mascara called "They're Real!" which is the best mascara I've ever worn! Oh and a big part of it is the brushes, and mine are from MAC.
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of makeup obsessed. On my face I use Make Up For Ever or Laura Mercier (but I like MUFE best.) All the blushes I own are from MAC, as are most of my lipsticks and glosses. I have a disturbing amount of MAC eyeshadows and a bunch of NARS ones... I'm starting to like Benefit more and more, especially their new mascara called "They're Real!" which is the best mascara I've ever worn! Oh and a big part of it is the brushes, and mine are from MAC.

Good to see I'm not the only make-up addict on here! What are your favourite MAC shadows?
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump